Tartan Army - Good Guys or Wanks?

Tartan Army  

254 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, ahemps said:

Why do you need a club team?

I am really going off the club game for many reasons but mainly the old firm, I just can't stand everything about them and as they are all we hear about on TV and radio I have decided I don't want any part of it anymore. I still love football so now mainly support Scotland as that is all that's left to me and I feel I can avoid them a lot more than if you follow an SPFL team. Have I to loyally follow a club to appease you?

I don't follow a club either.  There's nothing wrong with it.  Club football is just a bunch of mercenaries who couldn't give the slightest f**k about your club who pretend that they do for a few years cause they offered fifty quid a week more than anybody else.

That goes for every level of the game. Do you really think any of Man City's players grew up dreaming of playing for Man City?  Or that any of these Spaniards and Brazilians etc want to live in fucking Manchester?  David Silva is from Gran Canaria. He just spent ten years in Manchester, it wasnae cause he loved the club.

Neither hear nor there with them.
I do get the Disdain for the  ‘love us’ mentality that Celtic fans also have abroad but would rather that than the wee wanks that seem to inching in to our (Celtics) support.
What I do find amusing is that that they love to tell you that they go to EVERY game which tbh is way fucking easier and cheaper than supporting a club side, especially one in Europe. They have months to organise going away,
In fairness although Scotland are shite they do get more away games in European hubs that our sorry shite club teams

That goes for every level of the game. Do you really think any of Man City's players grew up dreaming of playing for Man City?  Or that any of these Spaniards and Brazilians etc want to live in fucking Manchester?  David Silva is from Gran Canaria. He just spent ten years in Manchester, it wasnae cause he loved the club.
That's a bit harsh.

Yes they're very well paid, but someone like silva clearly developed a connection with the club and the fans. They're not all arseholes who'll drop everything when someone offers an extra bob or two.

Seems to go both ways. Alot of the die hard 20+ pointers moan like f**k when its an away game with bigger allocation and more less pointers get to go. At the same time everyone else takes the piss out of the die hards for being Tartan Trannies or whatever the f**k they call them.

I've been on 3 away trips and they've all been class to be fair. Lost all 3 games (wembley 2013, 2017 and Belgium last year) but all been a good piss up. At the end of the day, don't take yourselves too seriously lads.

13 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

That's a bit harsh.

Yes they're very well paid, but someone like silva clearly developed a connection with the club and the fans. They're not all arseholes who'll drop everything when someone offers an extra bob or two.

Aye to a point, after he'd been there for years.  But he didnae go there and didnae stay there for the weather.  This is a guy who grew up in Gran Canaria and then moved to Valencia. Can you even imagine how much he must have hated living in Manchester?

I remember I can't remember who but some English pundit going mental when Oscar went to China from Chelsea. Saying its ridiculous going there just for the money etc.  It seemed to escape him, why do you think he went to Chelsea in the first place? This kid from Rio or some fuckin paradise like that. It was obviously for the money, Chelsea offered more than anyone else. So what's the difference?

7 hours ago, ahemps said:

Why do you need a club team?

I am really going off the club game for many reasons but mainly the old firm, I just can't stand everything about them and as they are all we hear about on TV and radio I have decided I don't want any part of it anymore. I still love football so now mainly support Scotland as that is all that's left to me and I feel I can avoid them a lot more than if you follow an SPFL team. Have I to loyally follow a club to appease you?

Fair enough. I fucking love the old firm as do most premier league team supporters

Guest Axle Grease
12 hours ago, Chicken Wing said:
15 hours ago, Axle Grease said:
Wankers.
Campaign badges, to prove they've been on a crusade as a foot-soldier. No you haven't, you've been away pissing it up and visiting brothels, whilst dressed like an extra from Brigadoon. 
Self righteous tosspots and thankfully on the slide in numbers. 
How many Pheasants died to have their arse feathers stuck in a wanky Glengarry hat. 

And that's a bad thing?

You have a Glengarry with loads of campaign badges eh? 

Ye absolutely hiv, ah jist ken it. 

6 hours ago, pandarilla said:

Like any big group of people, there are wankers who take it too far.

But I'd agree with the view that the tartan army haters are far bigger c***s.

I've probably been to more than half of the home games in the last 20 years but I've yet to go to an away game. Definitely on the bucket list, but like a lot of folk i was going to wait for a major tournament. The best laid schemes, eh...

Work would prevent your attendance at a major tournament, as surely as being shite prevents Scotland's.

19 hours ago, Axle Grease said:

Wankers.

Campaign badges, to prove they've been on a crusade as a foot-soldier. No you haven't, you've been away pissing it up and visiting brothels, whilst dressed like an extra from Brigadoon. 

Self righteous tosspots and thankfully on the slide in numbers. 

How many Pheasants died to have their arse feathers stuck in a wanky Glengarry hat. 

:lol: outstanding

Guest Axle Grease
32 minutes ago, Chicken Wing said:
7 hours ago, Axle Grease said:
You have a Glengarry with loads of campaign badges eh? 
Ye absolutely hiv, ah jist ken it. 

Absolutely

Pheasant or chicken wing feathers? 

7 hours ago, pandarilla said:
7 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:
Work would prevent your attendance at a major tournament, as surely as being shite prevents Scotland's.

You can get once in a lifetime holidays....

Can you?

How does that work?  How long has it been the case?  Am I being whooshed?