United (Dundee) vs Thistle (Partick)

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dundee United got a penalty that, by the sounds of it, was never a penalty. Turns out it isn't Willie Collum in charge today surprisingly although McLean is just as bad. Thank f**k it isn't Tumilty or else it'd be United 15-0 Thistle.

You may need to revisit who you listen to.

Probably deserved a win, should've at least drawn, defeat. Feels like last season.

Solid all round performance, Elliot or McMillan MOTM for me.

On to the next one

No, you didn't deserve to win, nor to draw. You did deserve to get away with a narrow defeat because both teams were poor but United created the better chances and the goal was coming even before the penalty incident. You were lucky not to receive a second red when GMS was chopped down 60 seconds later, McLean obviously feeling a bit uncomfortable about sending two players off in the space of two minutes.

Was McMillan the one who committed four bad challenges in the first 15 minutes?

No, you didn't deserve to win, nor to draw. You did deserve to get away with a narrow defeat because both teams were poor but United created the better chances and the goal was coming even before the penalty incident. You were lucky not to receive a second red when GMS was chopped down 60 seconds later, McLean obviously feeling a bit uncomfortable about sending two players off in the space of two minutes.

^^^ head's gone

I certainly did not have the same optimism! I thought Partick maybe had the slightly better chances, we gave Fox very little to do apart from a couple of chances towards the end of the first half. We didn't deserve to win this afternoon, neither did Partick though.

I assume he means Cifti should have been flagged for offside before it got to that point, which he should.

It's quite a stretch to interpret "I heard it wasn't a penalty" as "apparently he was offside in the run up to the penalty incident".

For what it's worth I don't think he was offside and he certainly wasn't a yard offside that's just nonsense.

For what it's worth I don't think he was offside and he certainly wasn't a yard offside that's just nonsense.

Have you seen it on Sky Sports? I have. *That* footage suggests he was, and by that distance, but I'll concede I can't make out the position of our left back.

Have you seen it on Sky Sports? I have. *That* footage suggests he was, and by that distance, but I'll concede I can't make out the position of our left back.

No, I was at the game. Didn't look offside at the time and I was in line. I'm assuming the TV pictures were from the back of the old main stand and you've already conceded that you can't see the position of all the players. It's hardly compelling evidence.

In any event, offside wasn't given and your player deliberately hacked him down when he was ten yards out and about to shoot. It was the most clear cut penalty and red card that you will ever see.

In any event, offside wasn't given and your player deliberately hacked him down when he was ten yards out and about to shoot. It was the most clear cut penalty and red card that you will ever see.

Erm, aye. I did say it was a hard luck story.

I thought Thistle fans would be more gracious in defeat. After all they've had plenty of defeats in order to get practice.

No need for black and white aspect. Heads gone! V

In all fairness does that show the exact moment the ball is played forward? I was in the upper tier behind the goal, and had the sun in my eyes so I couldn't quite see it but will look forward to watching it on ArabZone to see if it was offside or not.

Archived