United (Dundee) vs Thistle (Partick)

With our new signing only here until January as things stand I don't think there's much point in him being here unless he's ready to start right away so

Fox

O'Donnell Frans Seaborne McMillan

Osman Bannigan

Lawless Craigen Eliott

Doolan

Subs: Galacher, Balatoni, Welsh, Eccleston, Carroll, Stevenson, McDaid

I think we'll go with that on the basis Archie doesn't really like to mess with a winning team too much unless he has to. I wouldn't be too surprised to see Stevenson back in though as going by his comments at the meet the manager night Archie rates him far more than the support seem to. I'm assuming Welsh is fit enough for a place on the bench after playing for the u20s (guessing he'd have played in the bounce game that Frans played in too instead of going to Dingwall for today's u20s game) but the bench is starting to look a good bit better than it has done now we've signed another defender and Welsh is coming back.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like Stevenson too and don't think he's been played correctly yet in order to get the best out of him: I don't think playing as deep as Bannigan quite works, and he certainly isn't a striker even if he puts the effort in. If we had a competent wide player to balance out a midfield four then I think we could play him behind the striker, which may even be a decent away tactic, but even for now taking Craigen's place in potm's 11 might be workable, if a little gung ho.

We haven't lost a home game and have only dropped points at home to Hamilton. Thistle haven't picked up a point on the road.

So 4-0 United with goals from Paton, Erskine, GMS and Ciftci. Muted celebrations from Paton and Erskine which is fine by me.

Point already in Dundee this season....

For the games that were featured on Alba last year (full 90 minutes but not live), it was normally possible to pick up a stream- anyone know if this has continued this year with the hour long "highlights" that Alba do now? Can't make tomorrow but should be back in the house in time for the second half, wouldn't mind watching if we're not already 3-0 down by that point.

Archived