P&B Out of the Loop

6 hours ago, Peppino Impastato said:

He was at the same club as Ronaldo. I didn't describe him as a friend.  Never met him.

My life is quite shit actually.

SFA coaching thing for kids in 1990

Apparently low but obviously a lie as she can barely hit the ball.  I was in the group behind. I have met several generals and a couple of governors, few senators etc and an ex VP.

Professional for 11 years. Would rather not say what teams.

My own.  Didn't say high profile.

It was a poem actually.  As a kid.  I didn't say author, that was a wee joke for my own amusement.

B86BJloCAAIAegL.jpg

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Why does "vendett a" get changed to vandetta by the swear filter?

I think it's a reference to an argument with one of the more contentious posters, maybe Dickson?

I think it's a reference to an argument with one of the more contentious posters, maybe Dickson?

Yeah, that sounds like a Dickson thing to me. Now there was a proper Walter Mitty character.

How many HD televisions did he have again?*

*might be mixing him up with someone else there.

12 minutes ago, The Naitch said:

Yeah, that sounds like a Dickson thing to me. Now there was a proper Walter Mitty character.

But the volume controls didn't work. Can't remember what that was about either.

37 minutes ago, The Naitch said:

I'm pretty sure Dickson boasted about chucking some faulty electrical purchase at the staff of, possibly, Dixons for not taking him seriously.  Or they may have made a joke about a pipefitter and a plumber being the same thing.  He was very touchy on that.

23 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

But the volume controls didn't work. Can't remember what that was about either.

Looks like Duff Man/Gunther has been emptied.  I'm sure he couldn't turn down the offer to correct you otherwise.

2 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I'm pretty sure Dickson boasted about chucking some faulty electrical purchase at the staff of, possibly, Dixons for not taking him seriously.  Or they may have made a joke about a pipefitter and a plumber being the same thing.  He was very touchy on that.

Looks like Duff Man/Gunther has been emptied.  I'm sure he couldn't turn down the offer to correct you otherwise.

So he got offered a telly without volume control and he couldn't turn it down? What's that all about. Weird.

• 3 weeks later...
I see the Asian Sex gangs thread is offski. Any beef or banning behind this?

It was an absolute horror show last time I checked in last night. Not sure if it got (or even could have gotten) worse.

On 08/03/2018 at 18:23, welshbairn said:

So he got offered a telly without volume control and he couldn't turn it down? What's that all about. Weird.

On the advent of HD telly, one poster put an advert in the bargain basement section along the lines of:

'Brand new 47" Sony HD telly for sale. £50ono. The volume button is broken but at that price you can't turn it down' 

At which point Duffman decided to take the bait and try and buy a mildly amusing play on words. The masses rounded and hounded and he simply couldn't take it. 

Best finance related meltdown since some Clyde fan got scammed out of bank details buying dodgy trainers from a Chinese website and another poster (Dindeleux, I think)  offered to resolve this issue if he got PMed the bank card details and security code. Which the Clyde fan duly obliged in doing, then lost his shit completely when realising that not only was Dindy taking the piss but the dawning realisation that he'd also just sent a fucking stranger on a football  forum his bank details.  :lol:

Think he offered a few square go's in the resulting fall out. 

28 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

On the advent of HD telly, one poster put an advert in the bargain basement section along the lines of:

'Brand new 47" Sony HD telly for sale. £50ono. The volume button is broken but at that price you can't turn it down' 

At which point Duffman decided to take the bait and try and buy a mildly amusing play on words. The masses rounded and hounded and he simply couldn't take it. 

Best finance related meltdown since some Clyde fan got scammed out of bank details buying dodgy trainers from a Chinese website and another poster (Dindeleux, I think)  offered to resolve this issue if he got PMed the bank card details and security code. Which the Clyde fan duly obliged in doing, then lost his shit completely when realising that not only was Dindy taking the piss but the dawning realisation that he'd also just sent a fucking stranger on a football  forum his bank details.  :lol:

Think he offered a few square go's in the resulting fall out. 

The telly thing's in Gold but only Duffman's posts that were quoted remain. Thought the trainer thing was  funnier but I can't find it.

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php?/topic/86823-42-inch-lcd-tv-for-£50/