St Johnstone vs Partick Thistle

Spare me the history lesson, mate.

I'll be at Firhill and Kilmarnock next week, but I mean I've given up hope with this particular Thistle side. You're correct when you say we're an 'alright' team - that's what makes it so infuriating. We're capable of so much better.

We're underachieving badly due to a combination of incompetent management and under-achieving players. To go over a season and a half without recording back-to-back wins is scandalous.

Whilst I've never really believed or expected a top six finish, I don't think it's unfair to say that we could and probably should have a much more comfortable gap between us and the bottom three.

Our next three games are absolutely huge. This is our chance to pull away and ensure a relaxed finish to the season or allow ourselves to be dragged further into trouble.

Slithering over the line in tenth place was perfectly acceptable last season, but we should be achieving much more when you look at the quality we have in our squad and at how poor the teams in the bottom six are.

giphy.gif

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What Hammer Jag says there is spot on and put much better than I could've put it.

Today was pretty much how I remember most games v St Johnstone to go, nothing spectacular from either team and St Johnstone go home with a win and a clean sheet.

I'd like to wish St Johnstone well for the rest of the season but the lack of steak and chorizo pies upset me too much.

I hear from a reliable source that Murrays are making a push to become the pie suppliers at McDiarmid, and will be doing some for the club next week. The recent "Best Pie in the World" award is helping the push.

We like to swap everything around to keep everyone on their toes. Doesn't really matter cause we run out about half an hour before kick off so we can afford paint for the souvenir shop.

Curry ones are the poorest fare imo. I normally only splash out when it's steak and chorizo. Nice surprise in the ormand stand that competent staff are now employed that don't make pouring juice a five minute artistic performance.

Eccelstone looked a mile offside aswell. I think it was the same player who was standing yards offside literally two feet in front of the linesman, and still never got called offside when he got passed to. One of worst linesmen I've ever seen, looked shit scared.

I have to be honest I thought he was onside at the time, though I would need to see it again to be sure. Saints defenders were standing sort of appealing but also still waiting for the ref to blow for the keeper to re-take the goal kick properly!!

The officials were poor though.. as someone mentioned earlier the number of handballs he ignored was quite impressive.

Spare me the history lesson, mate.

I'll be at Firhill and Kilmarnock next week, but I mean I've given up hope with this particular Thistle side. You're correct when you say we're an 'alright' team - that's what makes it so infuriating. We're capable of so much better.

We're underachieving badly due to a combination of incompetent management and under-achieving players. To go over a season and a half without recording back-to-back wins is scandalous.

Whilst I've never really believed or expected a top six finish, I don't think it's unfair to say that we could and probably should have a much more comfortable gap between us and the bottom three.

Our next three games are absolutely huge. This is our chance to pull away and ensure a relaxed finish to the season or allow ourselves to be dragged further into trouble.

Slithering over the line in tenth place was perfectly acceptable last season, but we should be achieving much more when you look at the quality we have in our squad and at how poor the teams in the bottom six are.

Well I agree with all of that. There was a prediction thread somewhere - can't be arsed finding it (right now anyway) - where I said we'd finish 9th or 10th with a squad capable of at least challenging for top six. But our piss weak ability to close out matches would mean we'd never fulfilled our promise.

Getting a bit fed up reading our players talking about top six and looking at the teams above us, too.

At least we'll probably win the Scottish Cup.

I wasn't there yesterday and thank f**k no Kane and no Steak and chorizo pies? I hardly imagine it was worth £22.

Anyway Thistle fans need to relax they are now an established SPFL side who no one mentions in the relegation mix its baby steps but from the outside looking in you are clearly going in the right direction.

I wasn't there yesterday and thank f**k no Kane and no Steak and chorizo pies? I hardly imagine it was worth £22.

Anyway Thistle fans need to relax they are now an established SPFL side who no one mentions in the relegation mix its baby steps but from the outside looking in you are clearly going in the right direction.

Giving three or four toothless performances like - as I am told - yesterday and the peg gets a bit shoogly.

I understand that the club and the team can't simply stride up the league but, by god, they're having a hell of a job pulling away from the backmarkers.

Definetly not value for money from a Thistle fan's point of view. Saints scoring early in each half allowed them to defend and effectively manage the game. I don't think Mannus had a save to make until the dieing embers of the match and I mught even be imagini.g that one :(

If you catch the goals and Ando"s clearance I would say you hadn't missed anything from a Saints perspective either.

We're not established yet hence toothless displays like that yesterday and I can see us slipping to 10th rather thsn moving up the way.

I hear from a reliable source that Murrays are making a push to become the pie suppliers at McDiarmid, and will be doing some for the club next week. The recent "Best Pie in the World" award is helping the push.

That would be a disaster. I am not a fan of Murrays pies. The current scotch pie at McDiarmid Park is much, much nicer. This troubles me.

Few fans of other teams do, but we see the team week in, week out so have a fair cause for concern. We pick up the odd brilliant win then follow it up with absolutely honking displays against teams we should be putting away. You just need Saint Mirren to keep getting a few wins and suddenly we'll be very much in the thick of it.

That would be a disaster. I am not a fan of Murrays pies. The current scotch pie at McDiarmid Park is much, much nicer. This troubles me.

You're a weirdo. Whilst the pies at McDiarmid are very nice I doubt you'll find many rushing to agree with you on this subject. The gallon of hot fat per pie not withstanding Murray's is untouchable.

If Murrays did do the catering up there I hope they do their sausage rolls and my personal favourite the Onion Bridie.

What a horrible life you must lead.

And Partick strike me as being a regular goalscorer away from being top six candidates. Youll get one eventually, but like all clubs its a waiting game until one pops along. In general terms thats all that seperates the top half and bottom half.

Archived