St Johnstone vs Partick Thistle

That was the Rutkiewicz meningitis game I think? Proper nails playing through (albeit undiagnosed) meningitis.

Yeah it was

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best and most creative excuse I've ever heard after a team's taken a pumping.

He was subbed off and rushed straight to hospital, then spent a while in hospital where it was confirmed thats what he was suffering from.

FWIW most of those goals were pretty unstoppable for the defenders anyway.

Horrible game. Most goals, in my memory at least, were volleys. Dunfermline pumped us the week before or week after aswell.

Dunfermline beat us 3-0 in Perth, Thistle humped us, Livi knocked us out the cup and then Clyde beat us at McDiarmid.

Safe to say we didn't look like perspective champions during that run of results!

A game at McDiarmid around 10 years ago under Britton and Whyte still gives me nightmares. We were 1-0 up for most of the game, absolutely coasting until we decided to chuck in two goals in injury time. It summed our season up.

A game at McDiarmid around 10 years ago under Britton and Whyte still gives me nightmares. We were 1-0 up for most of the game, absolutely coasting until we decided to chuck in two goals in injury time. It summed our season up.

Thank Mohammed we haven't done that against any teams, let alone saints, this season :wacko:

Suspect McFadden's suspension will be a blessing for Saints. We struggle with pace and directness, so O'Halloran could pose us problems. Graham got little change out of Frans at Firhill and it looks like he'll be fit by the weekend.

Alan Morgan baby.

I remember being at a reserve/u20 game at mcdiarmid where Kevin James spent most of game screaming at Morgan where he should be, to get rid etc. Half way through the second half Morgan sclaffed one in to the stand and James just shouted "f**k sakes" and kept quiet the rest game. Don't think he rated him.

I remember being at a reserve/u20 game at mcdiarmid where Kevin James spent most of game screaming at Morgan where he should be, to get rid etc. Half way through the second half Morgan sclaffed one in to the stand and James just shouted "f**k sakes" and kept quiet the rest game. Don't think he rated him.

I think I might've been at that :lol:

Morgan just wasn't a footballer. We should stay well clear of players called Morgan, particularly if their first initial is an A.

Do you think the game is in any danger, Beatson?

I'd like to think not. I don't think there's any more snow forecast, but the temperature is going to struggle to get about 2 or 3 between now and Saturday. By all accounts that end of town has had it pretty bad.

I expect the pitch will be ok assuming it's been covered etc, just depends on the surrounding are and if the police are happy with it.

Archived