Stenhousemuir FC - The Warriors - The 2023/24 Thread

Pretty much any signing is a risk but with a player as talented as Jordan Kirkpatrick it's well worth a shot. Obviously his form has been patchy in his most recent SPFL spells and at Darvel he has been playing at a level well beneath himself but he is still relatively young. Get him in the right role (behind the striker I'd say) and with the right men around him and a bit of confidence and he's capable of being the best player in the league. I have extremely fond memories of his performances as part of a three behind the strikers in the Jack Ross Alloa team which was unstoppable for a while. His play making and shooting from distance were outstanding. That form took him to St Mirren but he was again very effective when he came back on loan later on. 

Far more limited players have made good careers full-time. If Stenny can get him anywhere near what he's capable of then it will be a great bit of business. I hope they do, was hard not to feel he was a bit wasted playing at tier 6.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

For a team needing mobility in the middle of the park I'm not sure Kirkpatrick would've been my first choice but if he's in any sort of form he should be a good signing. 

How would you compare him against Ryan Blair, David Wilson or Greg Wylde ?

Edited by O'Kelly Isley III

When Kirkpatrick was at Forfar, he was largely disappointing, you saw flashes of what he can do but very rarely.

Which means he is guaranteed to set up three Aitken goals at Station Park.

29 minutes ago, fafc1885 said:

When Kirkpatrick was at Forfar, he was largely disappointing, you saw flashes of what he can do but very rarely.

Which means he is guaranteed to set up three Aitken goals at Station Park.

Not sure he has the legs to play for 4 more seasons...

1 hour ago, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

Just jumping in to say what a top notch club Stenny are offering Ochilview to Dunipace today after Westfield was vandalised. 

Was about to same the same. Very classy from Stenhousemuir FC. 👋

Stenhousemuir have signed James Berry from the University of Stirling.

I'm not sure if this guy's good but he comes highly rated from those who have seen him in action. Seems to have a good profile and should be a decent addition to our midfield. I'm wary about signing players from the Lowland League, especially since our "BSC Stenny" summer, but I'm looking forward to seeing him in action.

Edited by Francesc Fabregas

This is how the squad is coming together after our recent additions:

GOALKEEPERS
Darren Jamieson (signed from Kelty Hearts)
Curtis Lyle

DEFENDERS
Nicky Jamieson
Jordan Lowdon

MIDFIELDERS
Mikey Anderson
James Berry (signed from the University of Stirling)
Adam Brown
Jordan Kirkpatrick (signed from Darvel)
Mikey Miller
Nat Wedderburn

FORWARDS
Matty Aitken (signed from Forfar Athletic)
Euan O'Reilly
Ross Taylor (signed from Auchinleck Talbot)
Matty Yates

Saw Stirling Uni dismantle Hearts 'B' and Berry scored a peach in that game, had a solid performance and gave a lot of energy. Exactly the kind of player we need beside Wedderburn. He should be more than capable at League 2 and look forward to seeing him maroon. Another good piece of business by the club.