Dundee United 2015/16 Season

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tbh don't know why people are panicking about United getting relegated! only 14 games in, plenty time left. As soon as Mixu gets rid of all the shite and brings players in we'll be fine

72 points to play for, 32 points short of safety. That's 1.3 points a game, we are currently averaging 0.57 points per game. It's time to panic!

I recall about 7 minutes into the 2014 Scottish Cup Final, Gavin Gunning followed a ball petering out for a goal kick in his own half and did a wee stepover dummy as the ball meandered out of play, ignoring passing it to the waiting Cierzniak he instead chose to puff out his chest and stride down the byline like a silverback in mating season.

Absolute bellend of a player, you'd be better off coaxing Lee Wilkie out of retirement.

Tbh don't know why people are panicking about United getting relegated! only 14 games in, plenty time left. As soon as Mixu gets rid of all the shite and brings players in we'll be fine

I'm not panicking. In fact in a perverse way I'm rather enjoying the drama.

Even if we do go down, it'll be an adventure trying to get back up. Season 95/96 was great fun (mostly).

Anybody have any inside info on the whole Campbell episode? Lots of veiled pish in the Evening Telegraph and from the selected band of journos in the know. I've spoke to a lot of Arabs today and nobody really knows a thing, other than the confirmed news Campbell walked last night before a tribunal this week. Strange that it's all taken so long, and that only now we here that Armstrong, Russell and Allan are all providing written testimony on Campbell's behalf.

I don't doubt Thompson is at the centre of it all, but the lack of anything being leaked hints that something serious has happened one way or the other. Allan Preston stated that McNamara had nothing to do with it, but then that's his golfing buddy, and Preston is increasingly becoming a fucking twat with an extremely annoying voice.

Anybody have any inside info on the whole Campbell episode? Lots of veiled pish in the Evening Telegraph and from the selected band of journos in the know. I've spoke to a lot of Arabs today and nobody really knows a thing, other than the confirmed news Campbell walked last night before a tribunal this week. Strange that it's all taken so long, and that only now we here that Armstrong, Russell and Allan are all providing written testimony on Campbell's behalf.

I don't doubt Thompson is at the centre of it all, but the lack of anything being leaked hints that something serious has happened one way or the other. Allan Preston stated that McNamara had nothing to do with it, but then that's his golfing buddy, and Preston is increasingly becoming a fucking twat with an extremely annoying voice.

It'll blow the roof off the place and Preston is at it.

I'm not panicking. In fact in a perverse way I'm rather enjoying the drama.

Even if we do go down, it'll be an adventure trying to get back up. Season 95/96 was great fun (mostly).

To be fair, in a masochistic way it's better to be in a relegation dog fight at the end of a season than pissing about mid table with nothing to play for.

Be some good away trips next year if we did go down.

To be fair, in a masochistic way it's better to be in a relegation dog fight at the end of a season than pissing about mid table with nothing to play for.

Be some good away trips next year if we did go down.

Worry is though, if we do go down it will be very difficult to get back up and it'll be even more difficult to re-establish ourselves as a credible force for challenging for trophies. After 95/96 we toiled for years and could easily have found ourselves relegated every season bar one or two until Levein rolled along.

It sounds like a bit of a laugh now but it's less fun when you have to beat caley away last game of the season to stay up, and to be honest at the moment we don't have any Barry Robson or Charlie Miller esque players who are capable of single handedly dragging us into the light

Story I heard was Macnamara was not turning up and getting Campbell to take the training, Thompson asked Campbell about it off the record and when Campbell told Thompson what was going on he told Macnamara what Campbell said. Macnamara said that he would get Campbell back looks like he has. Campbell doesn't feel he can work with Thompson again because he stabbed him in the back.

Story I heard was Macnamara was not turning up and getting Campbell to take the training, Thompson asked Campbell about it off the record and when Campbell told Thompson what was going on he told Macnamara what Campbell said. Macnamara said that he would get Campbell back looks like he has. Campbell doesn't feel he can work with Thompson again because he stabbed him in the back.

ST a 2 faced rat eh? There's a shock.

I know a local painter and decorator he tried to get to do a homer off the books of his employer and when he refused ST told the employer he was offering homers.

Sub human scum

United have been getting it pretty tight from people about this whole Campbell thing claiming that we have handled it poorly. Have we though? Since absolutely nobody knows the real story or what actually led to whole situation unfolding then we can't criticise anyone, it is just speculation. The club are entitled to carry out any disciplinary business behind closed doors (actually, you would fully expect them to). We all know that Campbell has done so much for the club but until we know exactly what happened people can't just side with him because it is the fashionable thing to do. Just because ST and the club are in the shit at the moment doesn't mean that everything has to be some big conspiracy.

Archived