Dundee United 2015/16 Season

United have been getting it pretty tight from people about this whole Campbell thing claiming that we have handled it poorly. Have we though? Since absolutely nobody knows the real story or what actually led to whole situation unfolding then we can't criticise anyone, it is just speculation. The club are entitled to carry out any disciplinary business behind closed doors (actually, you would fully expect them to). We all know that Campbell has done so much for the club but until we know exactly what happened people can't just side with him because it is the fashionable thing to do. Just because ST and the club are in the shit at the moment doesn't mean that everything has to be some big conspiracy.

The hysterical reaction from a lot of DABs has led to this point.

When he was initially suspended, a non football fan looking in would have been forgiven for thinking the youth coach was the most important role at the club. In comparison the first team manager could simply f**k off with no impact and the chairman who has funded your club and reduced your debt was a poor relation.

Such are the levels of farce at Tannadice it was more Utd fans crying foul play IMO.

There is no doubt Utd have handled the saga post suspension professionally and correctly - the key part of this case though is the reason for suspension - if that was fundamentally wrong no amount of good HR process is going to stop a potentially embarrassing airing of dirty laundry and/or healthy pay off.

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

United have been getting it pretty tight from people about this whole Campbell thing claiming that we have handled it poorly. Have we though? Since absolutely nobody knows the real story or what actually led to whole situation unfolding then we can't criticise anyone, it is just speculation. The club are entitled to carry out any disciplinary business behind closed doors (actually, you would fully expect them to). We all know that Campbell has done so much for the club but until we know exactly what happened people can't just side with him because it is the fashionable thing to do. Just because ST and the club are in the shit at the moment doesn't mean that everything has to be some big conspiracy.

More than this, in accordance with law.

The scramble for speculation by diddy team fans just shows the high regard in which the club is held and our history of impeccable behaviour at home and across the continent.

#WASC #baldysnakeblinder #variousotherdeflectiontactics

There is no doubt Utd have handled the saga post suspension professionally and correctly - the key part of this case though is the reason for suspension - if that was fundamentally wrong no amount of good HR process is going to stop a potentially embarrassing airing of dirty laundry and/or healthy pay off.

I would also add if the club has stuck to its disciplinary policy ( assuming it has one) and the incident was in line with a suspension as laid out in the policy then it'll be easier for the club to win any tribunal. If none of those things have happened then it's payout time for Stevie C.

As this threads resident black hearted Dee , I think you can look forward to a few lurid headlines as a tribunal approaches.

Charity bet? £50?

Go through this if you can be bothered. If not place the bet and I will back it with evidence. Also just for yourself ( I don't have Facebook ) but there is some information there also.

Your choice :-)

Was it you who offered me a charity bet on Twitter the other day?

Regarding the japenese keeper who you believe was number 1 goalkeeper for Japan. Who I then told you is not , and the bet was if he went to United I believe he would not be number 1 for Japan. And you declined to bet. If it's a way to make money for charity I'm all for it.

To answer your question I am that person.

Well if you're so keen to give money to charity, why not just donate the money yourself?

Why talk utter shite then regarding the goalkeeper? Supirsed you do since your the "expert" regarding stats involving Scottish teams on football manager.

I simply replied to a guy asking if he was any good by saying 'I'm fairly sure the Japanese No 1 goalkeeper will be good'. And hey, he hasn't been in the last few squads, I made a mistake (what can I say, I'm not an expert on Japanese football).

But that doesn't mean he won't get a call-up again if he starts playing well again, as it's not like SPFL sides - and indeed United themselves - don't have players regularly called up for international sides ranked higher than Japan.

Just because I'm unwilling to commit money to that - regardless of where it goes - doesn't mean I'm wrong and you're right.

Like I say, if you're so sure of it, you feel free to put money on it.

So you have now admitted you were wrong. That is fine. That was all I wanted you to do.

The charity bet I accepted you didn't want to do.

All cleared up. Have a good day. Stick with facts however.

Not to drag this out, but I 'admitted I was wrong' (as if that's something I should be ashamed of doing) in our twitter conversation when I accepted your point that he hadn't been in the last few squads.

But your bet was that he wouldn't get back in while at United. Again, just because I'm not willing to put money on it, it doesn't make me wrong.

I've only brought it up here because you've done the same thing in this thread. It certainly comes across as though you think the only way people can credibly disagree with you is if they put money on it. That's not how arguments or being right or wrong works.

But I lose no sleep over this, I just hope dundee do go for him

I hope we don't go near the serpent.

I said when this lifelong Dundee fan went over the road that it was a bad day for our club and Utds gain. Over the next few months he denounced his boyhood team, bought tangerine specs and got married in a fucking tangerine suit. I immediately stated he was a snake, only out for number one and not to be trusted - any man that can switch allegiance that quickly and drastically has pretty much 0 integrity.

Utd got a few good years out of him, he is undoubtedly talented, but lo and behold, here we are years down the line and he is threatening to leak revelations, causing no end of trouble, splitting fans etc.

An utter cretin of a man.

Archived