St.Mirren 2015/2016 thread

Turns out they've both been called up!

Wonder if we have a clause in their deals to get a payment after winning a cap!

Turns out they both get man of the match awards on their debuts!

More importantly though it seems the fan takeover bid is going ahead  :thumsup2 .

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Turns out they both get man of the match awards on their debuts!

More importantly though it seems the fan takeover bid is going ahead :thumsup2 .

there's a long way to go with the fan ownership. All that has happened so far is that the consortium have agreed to the bid conditionally. Smisa have voted to put down a share of a exclusivity deposit to allow time to pull together funding and that they will pay legal costs. However it's all very positive.

Now it's time for guys like us to sign up to a monthly subscription and pester others do the same. :D

there's a long way to go with the fan ownership. All that has happened so far is that the consortium have agreed to the bid conditionally. Smisa have voted to put down a share of a exclusivity deposit to allow time to pull together funding and that they will pay legal costs. However it's all very positive.

Now it's time for guys like us to sign up to a monthly subscription and pester others do the same. :D

Any idea how much a monthly subscription would be?

Quite good - 10 of that goes to the debt and 2 goes to whatever the fans want it to go to (a players wages, youth etc). Think it's just A more scaled down version of what hearts are doing.

Confirmed by our unofficial Twitter this morning we've told St Mirren we plan to speak to Watson. Not convinced he'd be joining us as an instant starter tbh.

Confirmed by our unofficial Twitter this morning we've told St Mirren we plan to speak to Watson. Not convinced he'd be joining us as an instant starter tbh.

He's pish, steer well clear...... Please?

In all honesty he's been our POTY by quite a distance and deserves to step back up the divisions. If it wasn't for injuries in his career he'd have been nowhere near this level. He's very good at right back and competent at centre half. Would be a good addition to most top flight sides.

Keith Watson deserves a move back up a division. Hope he stays but I realise it is unlikely and Naismith will be back at RB next season too. 

Also Dundee offered £60k for Mallan? Is that an April fool. Stick another 0 on the end and we will consider it! 

Has Stevie Mallan ever lost his man at a corner?

I'm still lost with this patter that comes around every now and then, what am I out the loop on?

If he leaves now it'd be a bad move, should really get another guaranteed full season of starting football under his belt.

I'm still lost with this patter that comes around every now and then, what am I out the loop on?

If he leaves now it'd be a bad move, should really get another guaranteed full season of starting football under his belt.

It's fogging in my mind but St Maureen fans were telling all and sundry how shite Gary Harkins was when he re-signed for us.

It was pointed out (possibly by a non St Mirren fan tbf) he had lost his man at a corner once and the opposition had scored and it became a bit of a joke that St Mirren fans didn't rate him due to said incident.

You then proceeded to have a horrendous season after a lot of big talk while GGH had a top 6 finish with supposed whipping boys Dundee.

ETA - the word Maureen was an autocorrect - my phone kens.

It's fogging in my mind but St Maureen fans were telling all and sundry how shite Gary Harkins was when he re-signed for us.

It was pointed out (possibly by a non St Mirren fan tbf) he had lost his man at a corner once and the opposition had scored and it became a bit of a joke that St Mirren fans didn't rate him due to said incident.

You then proceeded to have a horrendous season after a lot of big talk while GGH had a top 6 finish with supposed whipping boys Dundee.

Thought he was alright, lazy b*****d with us though. Was very disappointed when McGowan left us for Dundee, however, despite his off-field problems. To think we could've had midfield options including Mallan, McGinn and McGowan instead of Agnew and Carswell.

One of these days we'll be correct about a Dundee relegation. Shame I'm probably about to lose 50 quid on a charity bet on it this year round :(

It was a Ross County fan that highlighted Harkins not tracking his man at corners.To be honest Harkins never seemed interested with us. Perhaps one of those players that is just suited to a particular club. 

I'd be disappointed if Mallan signs for another club for less than £150,000. He has 2 years left on his deal and we would get a good wedge of training compensation?  

That part's clearly made up. The vast majority of St. Mirren fans knew exactly what was coming the day Tommy Craig was appointed and proceeded to sign players from the Conference.

And Harkins was never hated because he lost his man from a corner (the notion itself is fucking ridiculous), he was hated because he was generally lazy, disinterested, gave up the ghost too quickly and looked from day one like he didn't want to be there. He's a player who thrives at Dundee and really doesn't fit in anywhere else (well aside from Partick when in league 1). Like David van Zanten was with us despite him not being very good at any other club he played for.

That part's clearly made up. The vast majority of St. Mirren fans knew exactly what was coming the day Tommy Craig was appointed and proceeded to sign players from the Conference.

And Harkins was never hated because he lost his man from a corner (the notion itself is fucking ridiculous), he was hated because he was generally lazy, disinterested, gave up the ghost too quickly and looked from day one like he didn't want to be there. He's a player who thrives at Dundee and really doesn't fit in anywhere else (well aside from Partick when in league 1). Like David van Zanten was with us despite him not being very good at any other club he played for.

I'm guessing the "lot of big talk" he's referring to came from Lex, who fans of just about every club on here seem obsessed with and believe his views represent those of the majority of Saints fans.

I went from being convinced Lex is constantly on the wind up, to believing he might actually be mental, to now just thinking he's constantly on the wind up again.

The hatred and bites are hilarious though.

Archived