St.Mirren 2015/2016 thread

The Pippo Inzaghi of his generation.

I just vaguely recall a sequence of consecutive punts up the park and him being offside every single time.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am I reading right Mr Gow played a full 90 mins and scored a goal for the u20's last night. Must be contact renewal time lol.

Joking aside we could probably do with him.

Aye, I'm sure every team could do with a striker that can't shoot, can't pass, can't run and is always injured. I hope he has a pay-as-you-play deal, but I doubt it.

We'd be as well letting one of the 16 year olds sit on the bench for all the difference it would make.

Aye, I'm sure every team could do with a striker that can't shoot, can't pass, can't run and is always injured. I hope he has a pay-as-you-play deal, but I doubt it.

We'd be as well letting one of the 16 year olds sit on the bench for all the difference it would make.

I doubt it. to be fair in his time here we've no idea what he can do as you say he's always injured. If he's fit im pretty sure Rae will use him. No matter what we think of the invisible man. Scored last night so must've had a shot on goal

Just read a free kick - Mallan needs competition on dead balls haha

I doubt it. to be fair in his time here we've no idea what he can do as you say he's always injured. If he's fit im pretty sure Rae will use him. No matter what we think of the invisible man. Scored last night so must've had a shot on goal

Just read a free kick - Mallan needs competition on dead balls haha

The game he got injured in at the end of last season (Motherwell maybe?), he seemed like he actually cared and ran for everything until he had to be taken off - but as you say, it was contract renewal time. I'm sure he missed the target completely when one on one with the keeper too.

I couldn't believe it when Murray gave him a deal.

The game he got injured in at the end of last season (Motherwell maybe?), he seemed like he actually cared and ran for everything until he had to be taken off - but as you say, it was contract renewal time. I'm sure he missed the target completely when one on one with the keeper too.

I couldn't believe it when Murray gave him a deal.

I think it just emphasised the credentials of Ian Murray, the fact Alan Gow got a new deal was quite frankly, baffling.

I think it just emphasised the credentials of Ian Murray, the fact Alan Gow got a new deal was quite frankly, baffling.

To be honest Teale gets away with murder regarding Gow, shouldn't have been near the club in the first place.

I see the Youth Academy got a gold 5 star rating again for the 3rd year in a row. Well done to all involved.

Experienced goalie who Rae has worked with before has been training with the team this week. Judging by his comments at the Q&A tonight Rae is keen to get him on board. Has played down south.

Also emerged Ridgers was second or third highest player at the club, which is partly why we binned him!

That has all the hallmarks of Rab Douglas tbh.

Kyle Letheren was the name that initially came to my mind :lol:

I got the impression the keeper has played most of his career down south. No idea if Rae worked with him at Dundee, one of his coaching gigs or even back to when he was a player.

Nah he was long before Letheren pitched up at Dens.

Letheren was at Killie for the majority of time Rae spent down South.

My first thought was Ludo Roy but he's packed it in and I wasn't sure of his English link, if any.

I genuinely think Rab is a shout. Free agent, played down South, worked with Rae before (It was Rae that brought him back to Dens).

Potential for it to be Langfield's back-up/his goalkeeping coach as I know Clangers rates Rab as his 'idol' so to speak as he was a youth whilst Rab was at us in his first stint?

To be honest Teale gets away with murder regarding Gow, shouldn't have been near the club in the first place.

I see the Youth Academy got a gold 5 star rating again for the 3rd year in a row. Well done to all involved.

Agree totally, Gow should never have got through the doors at St. Mirren park never mind offered a contract.

I genuinely think Rab is a shout. Free agent, played down South, worked with Rae before (It was Rae that brought him back to Dens).

Potential for it to be Langfield's back-up/his goalkeeping coach as I know Clangers rates Rab as his 'idol' so to speak as he was a youth whilst Rab was at us in his first stint?

Do we need a goal keeper coach for the goalkeeping coach?? Actually don't answer that.

There's no way it will be Douglas, he must be well in his 40s. Would maybe be a good addition as a coach, but seeing as Langfield is already a coach then there is no way they'll bring in another.

Do we need a goal keeper coach for the goalkeeping coach?? Actually don't answer that.

There's no way it will be Douglas, he must be well in his 40s. Would maybe be a good addition as a coach, but seeing as Langfield is already a coach then there is no way they'll bring in another.

I thought it made sense as I can't imagine Langfield dropping to the bench. There's been many comments about him struggling because he's the goalkeeping coach but no-one is helping him keep to a certain standard, Rab ticks all the aforementioned options, and is Langfield's 'idol'. Suppose it could be the likes of Matt Gilks but he'd be taking a very sizeable wage drop and like Langfield would pretty much demand to be first choice.

ETA: Matt Gilks would be a serious coup.

I thought it made sense as I can't imagine Langfield dropping to the bench. There's been many comments about him struggling because he's the goalkeeping coach but no-one is helping him keep to a certain standard, Rab ticks all the aforementioned options, and is Langfield's 'idol'. Suppose it could be the likes of Matt Gilks but he'd be taking a very sizeable wage drop and like Langfield would pretty much demand to be first choice.

ETA: Matt Gilks would be a serious coup.

Gilks was most people's guess but he's under contract at Burnley (well as far as anyone knows) and injured at the moment. I suppose there is always a case for an emergency loan given our only two other keepers are 18 and 16.

Nicky Weaver was another mentioned but he's also a goalkeeper coach. Think it won't be Douglas for reasons already stated.

• 1 month later...

Archived