St.Mirren 2015/2016 thread

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who was the founder of the St JohnSons alliance? Stephen Dobbie? A god amongst mere mortals.

He's one of the first I can remember, but this special relationship may have gone back before my time.

Whoever it was he shall be held up as the shining light. Mon Dieu can make a St JohnSons badge with his face as the centre piece.

Is Irvine not here next year as well?

He is and Rae's comments the other week suggested the option on Webster has been taken up.

At the moment I reckon it's Naismith, Webster (possibly), Langfield, Mallan, Baird and Irvine then the kids like Morgan, McLear, Cuddihy and McAllister.

Rae saying in today's papers that 10-12 players are leaving so pretty much everyone out of contract must be getting told to do one!

Who was the founder of the St JohnSons alliance? Stephen Dobbie? A god amongst mere mortals.

Surely its Chris Kane? 

Who was the other African boy you tried to sign, played for Arsenal (?).

Keeping Mahrez hostage is a cracker though, although he'd never have signed the way the story reads.

Christopher Wreh. He actually did sign and appeared off the bench twice for us.

On paper, to get a guy in his 20s who played 4th choice to Bergkamp, Wright and Anelka only 3 years previously was seen as a massive coup. His career was on a massive downwards trajectory before, during and after that, though.

B&W Army #BuyTheBuds â€@bawarmy  50 minutes ago

POTY Keith Watson has signed a PCA with St.Johnstone and will join the Saintees in the summer.

Guy seems utterly convinced Watsons moving up the leagues this Summer.

B&W Army #BuyTheBuds â€@bawarmy 50 minutes ago

POTY Keith Watson has signed a PCA with St.Johnstone and will join the Saintees in the summer.

Guy seems utterly convinced Watsons moving up the leagues this Summer.

Aye looks that way.

He's been pretty good for us, but to be honest I'm not too fussed about this. Naismith will likely be first choice right back next season anyway. Would have been nice to keep him though, he's a decent centre half as well.

Rocco Quinn signed on til 2018. Pleased with that. Thought he might have got a gig elsewhere. Also, its most unlike St Mirren to be conducting business so soon. Normally we fanny on for the first few weeks of the summer while other teams build squads.

Archived