The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

Very excited by Garrity's performance on Saturday. Granted he was up against a makeshift right back, but I can't remember seeing a Morton winger take the piss out of a full back like that in a long time. Spent 20 minutes gliding by him like he wasn't there and really should've grabbed himself a goal or 2, but if he keeps getting himself into them positions the goals will come.

Another player who's been very well managed by Imrie, clearly still got some way to go on the defensive side of the game but if he continues to improve at this rate he'll be a huge player for us.

6 hours ago, Ferguson said:

Very excited by Garrity's performance on Saturday. Granted he was up against a makeshift right back, but I can't remember seeing a Morton winger take the piss out of a full back like that in a long time. Spent 20 minutes gliding by him like he wasn't there and really should've grabbed himself a goal or 2, but if he keeps getting himself into them positions the goals will come.

Another player who's been very well managed by Imrie, clearly still got some way to go on the defensive side of the game but if he continues to improve at this rate he'll be a huge player for us.

Agreed, well done Michael for your perseverence, and well done Dougie for your remarkable turnaround to becoming the absolute champion of Morton Academy Graduates. 

20 minutes ago, Chippyminton said:

For f**k's sake.

vic-and-bob-reeves-and-mortimer.gif.b15a75aca5ee6424915af1792353ee19.gif

Oh come on! You have to admit it’s Balon-Dor levels of self-awareness that’s completely transformed Dougie’s attitude towards our academy players. Please tell me you get that and applaud it!

6 minutes ago, DreamOakTree1 said:

Please tell me you get that

The only thing I get is that you're a trolling bellend who really needs to f**k off. Does the fact that you've already been barred from the uber-tolerant Morton forum not send out some kind of message? You're like a bad smell which keeps coming back to stink out every thread you 'contribute' to.

1 hour ago, Mon eh Ton said:

Even Imrie is taking the piss out of this guy in his post match interviews. Nobody is being wound up by this narrative. It's such a poor attempt.

More to point; Dougie clearly, as shown, reads P&B or the Morton forum.

Reveal yourself, Douglas. Your game is up.

10 hours ago, Ferguson said:

Garrity was the one that always impressed me the most when coming through with Lyon, McGrattan et al and its great to see him continue that development.

Dougie clearly trust Blues, I just think we should be playing him in the middle,  competing with Crawford, WIlson, Power and Gillespie. His best games for us have been in the middle of the park. If that means some bench time and not playing every week, so be it and I say that as a big Blues fan. However fully get he does a job on the right hand side and his game intelligence will generally see him through games. 

No-one has really been consistent enough to take that position from him either but will be interesting to see what Dougie does if Garrity continues to impress like he did on Saturday. Right now, he's a good option to have off the bench.

This was on the wall of the gents' bog on Saturday.

Nice to see the club being inclusive towards any among us who identify as a woman but still have to pee as a man.....   😊

PXL_20240127_145841728~2.jpg

13 hours ago, madton said:

Dougie clearly trust Blues, I just think we should be playing him in the middle,  competing with Crawford, WIlson, Power and Gillespie. His best games for us have been in the middle of the park. If that means some bench time and not playing every week, so be it and I say that as a big Blues fan. However fully get he does a job on the right hand side and his game intelligence will generally see him through games. 

I think it's been overlooked how much of a difference there was when we had Blues in the middle of the park after Garrity came on. Even in the first half, the second yellow for Jacobs comes from Blues driving through the middle on the counter. I can see Dougie's thinking, Blues is a good option for defending from the front in that system, which means sacrificing a Garrity or Bearne who will take players on, but we've not lost since mid-November playing this way so as far as I'm concerned he can play Broadfoot out wide if it's going to keep the run going.

Seems a sensible move. Not getting a game until Gillespie or Power move on , maybe next season!

Just spotted yesterday that Dundee Unt game is now scheduled for 5th March. Don't understand why it's taken so long to rearrange . Fu#%s me as I am heading on holiday as expected a free week. Those are the breaks.

Right call on King, no point in him being stuck on the bench here. 

Kabia was never a footballer at this level, and I’m not convinced he’s really what a team fighting for their lives need.

1 hour ago, SLClyde said:

Pleased to have King back, showed flashes in the first half but with better players hopefully see more of it from him. 

We’ve signed Jaze Kabia, any good? 

Skillful but only showed it in very brief flashes. Maybe McCall will get more out of him? If he does he could be useful.

12 hours ago, SLClyde said:

Pleased to have King back, showed flashes in the first half but with better players hopefully see more of it from him. 

We’ve signed Jaze Kabia, any good? 

Just seen it was a 2-1 defeat for you guys

you sure you signed better players ? 

48 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

Just seen it was a 2-1 defeat for you guys

you sure you signed better players ? 

Yeah but we’re going to need Ryan Mullen back too because our keeper is intent on giving a goal a game away.