Premier League 2015-16

• Replies 13k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who pished on your cornflakes? :lol:

Let's have a quick look at the Swansea forum...

Confirmed my thoughts on him tbh. Thanks for playing.

4 fan opinions prove you're correct? Are you being serious?

I think his record shows that it is a good deal and it is good value, it is certainly, without doubt, much better value than the £7 million for Grabban anyway.

Liverpool sign Steven Caulker on loan until the end of the season.

Rumours he did his hamstring getting out of the car at Melwood.

I'm still clinging on to the hope he'll turn out for Scotland, so for that reason I hope he fails at Liverpool so he doesn't get a Euro call up and he'll have to resort to playing for us :) .

Liverpool sign Steven Caulker on loan until the end of the season.

He's been registered in time for the game tomorrow.

Caulker has won a watch there, hasn't he? From a top prospect at Spurs, he's gone on to be relegated in successive seasons with Cardiff & QPR and being not able to get off the bench at Southampton.

He's now being pitched into a Liverpool side? He must be pissing himself laughing.

4 fan opinions prove you're correct? Are you being serious?

I think his record shows that it is a good deal and it is good value, it is certainly, without doubt, much better value than the £7 million for Grabban anyway.

It's not 4 opinions, it's the general consensus among their support.

And time will tell which is better value out of those two. Maybe it will be Shelvey if he stops punting his shots into the top tiers of football grounds around the country.

And time will tell which is better value out of those two.

Surprising to see a group of fans downplaying a departing player tbh

And time will tell which is better value out of those two. Maybe it will be Shelvey if he stops punting his shots into the top tiers of football grounds around the country.

It probably won't be Lewis Grabban, tbf.

:lol:

They just gave him a 4 year deal, after a record breaking season in 2014/15 where he was a main stay, and like I said one of their most important players, making 94 appearances in the last 2 and a half years. Opinions of fans on an outgoing player count for f**k all.

How you can even say there's a debate to be had over who's got the better value, when one is a 28 year old player that's played no higher than the Championship, and one is a 23 year old England international with nearly 150 appearances in the EPL, is ridiculous.

:lol:

They just gave him a 4 year deal, after a record breaking season in 2014/15 where he was a main stay, and like I said one of their most important players, making 94 appearances in the last 2 and a half years. Opinions of fans on an outgoing player count for f**k all.

How you can even say there's a debate to be had over who's got the better value, when one is a 28 year old player that's played no higher than the Championship, and one is a 23 year old England international with nearly 150 appearances in the EPL, is ridiculous.

Because I don't rate Shelvey at all. I doubt Grabban will play much, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him do fairly well at Bournemouth. He had an excellent scoring record with them before although obviously in the Championship. Sometimes players fit certain clubs better than others. I don't think it's a certainty that Shelvey at £12m is a better buy than Grabban at £7m. Though he's probably the type of player Newcastle could do with at the moment. Time will tell.

Just me and Deeboy that actually rate him as a player then?

Not sure why people are questioning his desire, that vine is a stinker but every time I've seen him play he certainly doesn't seem to be coasting through games.

I don't think you could get away with it and play as many games as he has at a club like Swansea. Seems to be full throttle, and if anything gets carried away a bit to much on the park.

Swansea are in very real danger of going down this season by my reckoning. If I was a Newcastle fan I'd be concerned as to why a team in such a predicament would be so keen to sell to a direct rival. Although £12 million is a vast sum for such an average player, it pales into insignificance compared to the financial implications of relegation and missing out on the TV money, so I can't imagine it's the money that has convinced them.

Garry Monk called him lazy in the past, and I'm sure it was his attitude that saw him getting shipped out by Liverpool.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/dec/28/swansea-garry-monk-jonjo-shelvey

Swansea are in very real danger of going down this season by my reckoning. If I was a Newcastle fan I'd be concerned as to why a team in such a predicament would be so keen to sell to a direct rival. Although £12 million is a vast sum for such an average player, it pales into insignificance compared to the financial implications of relegation and missing out on the TV money, so I can't imagine it's the money that has convinced them.

Garry Monk called him lazy in the past, and I'm sure it was his attitude that saw him getting shipped out by Liverpool.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/dec/28/swansea-garry-monk-jonjo-shelvey

I read that, that'll be at the same time as his disciplinary record was brought up I imagine? In the summer I'm sure Monk had said he had excelled in the second half of that season which is why he got his deal. I'll put my neck on the line and say that this will be a good bit of business done by Newcastle. Think he's a talent, still reasonably young too.

Grabban is 28 and isn't really an established PL player, if that makes him worth £7m then I can see why they would want £12m for a 23 year old England international with about 100 PL appearances. Stupid money but I can sort of see the logic in Shelvey going for that money.

I remember at the start of the season Swansea were playing well and Shelvey was starring for them and getting capped for England. He said Swansea should be challenging for the top 4.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jonjo-shelvey-says-swansea-city-10021455

Since then Swansea have plummeted down the league from 4th to a relegation battle, the manager has been sacked and Shelvey was dropped and then sold.

Way to jinx it :lol:

People seem to be ignoring that the price reflects the needs of the buying club as much as the perceived ability of the player.

We're in a relegation battle, and all of our current central midfielders are 5'7, only ever pass the ball 5 yards and go into shock if they cross the halfway line.

Name me another forward thinking central midfielder who is proven at this level and that we could realistically get for less than £12 m?

I remember at the start of the season Swansea were playing well and Shelvey was starring for them and getting capped for England. He said Swansea should be challenging for the top 4.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jonjo-shelvey-says-swansea-city-10021455

Since then Swansea have plummeted down the league from 4th to a relegation battle, the manager has been sacked and Shelvey was dropped and then sold.

Way to jinx it :lol:

Sounds a lot like your predictions tbh.

Sure Shelvey only cost Swansea £1m, they'll be chuffed at a decent profit for a player clearly not interested in playing.

I think it was over 5 million but it's still a decent profit.

I can see him fitting into that Newcastle side as he's a bit different from the rest. Pretty sure he'll be good for a wee while before easing off. He's a decent player but my worry has always been his vision. Always thought he was really blinkered when at Liverpool.

Can't believe he's been talked about as a waste of money on the day that Liverpool bring Caulker in on loan. Not convinced about that at all.

Archived