When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

822 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-4060564/It-s-Christmas-Elvis-thrown-building-RICHARD-LITTLEJOHN-series-great-fancy-dress-disasters.html

A college contemporary of Scotland’s First Minister Nicola Sturgeon writes to inform me of her nickname at Glasgow University.

No, not Wee Burney, or Wee Jimmy Krankie. She was known as ‘Seaweed’.

Why? Because not even the tide would take her out.

:lol:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-4060564/It-s-Christmas-Elvis-thrown-building-RICHARD-LITTLEJOHN-series-great-fancy-dress-disasters.html
A college contemporary of Scotland’s First Minister Nicola Sturgeon writes to inform me of her nickname at Glasgow University.

[emoji38]

Wow who would have believed the prof i mean the merchant banker sorry i mean the eu trade deal negotiator would read the daily hell

[emoji38]

The Daily Mail [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

What an utter fucking simpleton you are [emoji23]

Usually a decent poster albeit very anti EU... but you've really scraped the barrel with that one

That doesn't answer my question. But, in response to your quote, I did indeed think this  would speed up an indyref 2, although it is ridiculous so soon after the previous one. But the way that Sturgeon has handled it as being the only policy that the Scottish government has is making the likes of me as a No, dig our heels in and being more resistant to it. Also I think Westminster will play extreme hardball with this one. They, rightly, see the previous Indyref as a settled issue for a generation or so. While I voted to remain in Europe I respect the decision of the UK electorate,as that's how we voted and all parties knew this, as the UK. The Scottish nats generally are not respecting of the No vote just over two years ago. A very dangerous game to play and, in my opinion, will blow up in your face.

Edited by Highlandmagyar
Change

2 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar said:

That doesn't answer my question. But, in response to your quote, I did this that benefit would speed up an insured 2, although it is ridiculous so soon after the previous one. But the way that Sturgeon has handled it as being the only policy that the Scottish government has is making the likes of me as a No, dig our heels in and being more resistant to it. Also I think Westminster will play extreme hardball with this one. They, rightly, see the previous Indyref as a settled issue for a generation or so. While I voted to remain in Europe I respect the decision of the UK electorate,as that's how we voted and all parties knew this, as the UK. The Scottish bats generally are not respecting of the No vote just over two years ago. A very dangerous game to play and, in my opinion, will blow up in your face.

If the snp do not accept the no vote, why should no voters accept a yes vote in sepref2 before a generation has passed. And a yes vote would have to be by a bigger margin than 10%.

18 hours ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Seaweed will be her moniker for me in future. 

If the snp do not accept the no vote, why should no voters accept a yes vote in sepref2 before a generation has passed. And a yes vote would have to be by a bigger margin than 10%.

I know I've been pretty drunk the past few days but i honestly can't remember us declaring independence.

Huge if true.

2 hours ago, hehawhehaw said:

You don't have to accept a Yes vote. That's what democracy is all about. 

If there was a Yes vote and Scotland became an independent country from rUK, there is nothing to stop a Unionist party campaigning to be part of the Union again. 

Get a majority in the Scottish parliament with a referendum in their manifesto and take it to the people again. The only added complication is you would require Westminster to take Scotland back again - that's democracy.

That's why the SNP are perfectly entitled to go back to the people with indyref2 if they get a majority of votes in the democratically elected Scottish parliament to hold one.

To answer your other question, a 50% + vote will suffice. 

2 hours ago, Highlandmagyar said:

That doesn't answer my question. But, in response to your quote, I did indeed think this  would speed up an indyref 2, although it is ridiculous so soon after the previous one. But the way that Sturgeon has handled it as being the only policy that the Scottish government has is making the likes of me as a No, dig our heels in and being more resistant to it. Also I think Westminster will play extreme hardball with this one. They, rightly, see the previous Indyref as a settled issue for a generation or so. While I voted to remain in Europe I respect the decision of the UK electorate,as that's how we voted and all parties knew this, as the UK. The Scottish nats generally are not respecting of the No vote just over two years ago. A very dangerous game to play and, in my opinion, will blow up in your face.

It doesn't matter what Westminster think about indyref2, their only job is transferring powers to hold a legally binding referendum.

The Scottish parliament will take the decision to hold one, whether that's next year or 10 years from now  

1. SNP lost the 2014 referendum

2. Cons/pro EU lost the 2016 EU referendum

3. British public have spoken. For the life of me I cannot understand why the SNP would tear us away from "Westminster Rule" only to be dictated to from a Belgian city. ???????

15 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

I take it that the British people have spoken on a Tory government and that should now be the government from now on, if you're going down the "simplistic fuckwit" route.

So a single issue referenda is the same as a five yearly General election??? Ok!

If we're just going down a simple "the people have spoken!" route then why should it be any different? As is the same with a general election, circumstances and situations change over time which can justify asking questions again. It's not difficult to grasp.