When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, Jedi said:

As opposed to your own 90% odd Labour/Tory bad..I will take that.

In threads explicitly about the SNP? I don’t think so. But I’m glad you’ve returned with all pretence of being a naive but well-meaning Labourite gone (along with that odd pretended inability to use the “reply” function).

12 minutes ago, Antlion said:

In threads explicitly about the SNP? I don’t think so. But I’m glad you’ve returned with all pretence of being a naive but well-meaning Labourite gone (along with that odd pretended inability to use the “reply” function).

Am I to conclude from this post, that you are now inferring that because I thought that some of the amendments to the GRA might have been considered, and in addition because I thought that the Scot govt might have considered some of the views of various women's groups (some of them their own), that I am in fact a Tory...that is some critical thinking right there, as ever.

I do wish that there was a viable party of Independence in Scotland which obviously wasn't the SNP or the Greens (utter shambles). Clearly Alba haven't been able to make that impact, and it doesn't look like there will be any further inroads on the SNP's only route to Independence etc now.

Shame. As genuine competition is a wider variety of views from another pro-independence party on the scene would have been much better and healthier all round 

1 hour ago, Jedi said:

Ah right, yes, must actually be a Tory.

What I did read was the contribution and views of a variety of women's groups, many of whom had questions and concerns about parts of the Bill, and many of whom are SNP voters..these views were not taken into account by the Scot govt, and indeed they are dismissed as 'religious nutters, Tories, TERMS, bigots, etc' (that is for asking questions).

So what was your reason for supporting the Bill in its entirety @welshbairn

This is another part of this completely false narrative GC's are running with.

Throughout both consultations, the people and groups voicing concerns were repeatedly, time and time again, asked to come up with some tangible evidence from the countries which already have liberalised GRC legislation, evidence that supported their claims liberalised GRC's would inevitably be abused by predators to gain access to victims. Despite these repeated requests, not one piece of relevant evidence was ever submitted, they just doubled down on the speculative but completely unsubstantiated and uncorroborated claims. By contrast, there was plenty of statistical evidence from these countries that shows that the purported slew of unwitting and naive teenagers falling over themselves to grab GRC's simply has not materialised, and nor has the avalanche of 'beardy men' perverts they are also fond of inventing.

It's one thing to voice legitimate concerns, but when you have the opportunity to provide some sort of evidence that substantiates your position, and you completely fail to provide any, not only once, but twice, is it any wonder that people will conclude that yours fears are absolutely without foundation? 

It's not that their views 'were not taken into account', they could not provide anything of substance to show that there may be good reason for the SG not proceeding with the reform bill as intended. This has been utterly mangled into 'they aren't listening'. If the consultations were not listening, why did they devote so much time to these groups, invite them back over and over, and repeatedly plead for evidence?

53 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Am I to conclude from this post, that you are now inferring that because I thought that some of the amendments to the GRA might have been considered, and in addition because I thought that the Scot govt might have considered some of the views of various women's groups (some of them their own), that I am in fact a Tory...that is some critical thinking right there, as ever.

No, because that is not what “inferring” means. And I don’t think you’re a Tory.

3 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Fair enough. I believe Starmer has firmly ruled out returning to freedom of movement. EFTA requires both freedom of movement and participation in the single market, which Starmer has also ruled out.

Where did he rule out EFTA? (at any stage) 'make Brexit work' doesn't rule it out.

2 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Where did he rule out EFTA? (at any stage) 'make Brexit work' doesn't rule it out.

EFTA requires freedom of movement and participation in the single market, both of which he's ruled out.

Setting out Britain’s relationship with Europe under a Labour government, Starmer will say: “With Labour, Britain will not go back into the EU. We will not be joining the single market. We will not be joining a customs union.” He will add: “We will not return to freedom of movement to create short term fixes. Instead we will invest in our people and our places, and deliver on the promise our country has.”

https://labour.org.uk/press/keir-starmer-sets-out-labours-5-point-plan-to-make-brexit-work/

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

EFTA requires freedom of movement and participation in the single market, both of which he's ruled out.

https://labour.org.uk/press/keir-starmer-sets-out-labours-5-point-plan-to-make-brexit-work/

Ooooft that’s a big fat “telt” right there!

Jedi telling porkies again, of course he may just have missed looking at the Labour Party website when researching what Keith meant by Make Brexit Work…. 

22 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

Well since I've long thought that areas of Scotland consistently voting Tory should feel the full brunt of Tory policy instead of benefitting from SG attempts to ameliorate it, I'm tempted to agree with you.

When Aberdeenshire, Perthshire, and the Borders are paying bedroom tax, their pensioners are paying for the bus, folk living there pay for prescriptions, they travel to England for disgraceful work capability assessments, they pay for their water usage, their countryside is ruined by fracking, and they have no access to SG welfare funds, then they can fucking well moan about a democratically elected government pursuing policies it was elected on, including the cost of doing so.

I'll take this for an increase in the personal allowance and a reduction on income tax and a fiscal settlement that does not favour the central belt.

Also, where exactly in England is there fracking taking place?  Also Scottish Water is not free and water meters are installed in Scotland already.

Happy to pay for prescriptions which should be re-introduced in Scotland instead of allowing people to get over the counter medicines on prescription for things such as paracetamol and gaviscon.

7 minutes ago, strichener said:

I'll take this for an increase in the personal allowance and a reduction on income tax and a fiscal settlement that does not favour the central belt.

Also, where exactly in England is there fracking taking place?  Also Scottish Water is not free and water meters are installed in Scotland already.

Happy to pay for prescriptions which should be re-introduced in Scotland instead of allowing people to get over the counter medicines on prescription for things such as paracetamol and gaviscon.

Do I really have to point out that was a very tongue-in-cheek post?

Fair enough on Starmers current rhetoric on single market/customs union etc. I don't agree with him, but as I always say, if you can find any party you agree with on 70 odd percent of their policies you are doing well 

An Independent Scotland meanwhile 'might' be back in the EU within a 10 year period..Still a lot to sort out regarding Central Bank, currency, interest rates etc as well as other areas of alignment and indeed persuading Spain and others not to enact a veto on it 

2 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Fair enough on Starmers current rhetoric on single market/customs union etc. I don't agree with him, but as I always say, if you can find any party you agree with on 70 odd percent of their policies you are doing well 

An Independent Scotland meanwhile 'might' be back in the EU within a 10 year period..Still a lot to sort out regarding Central Bank, currency, interest rates etc as well as other areas of alignment and indeed persuading Spain and others not to enact a veto on it 

Meh, stick some vague answers on a side of a bus and Starmer will eventually be willing to “make it work”. Well done on trying to resurrect the Spanish veto, though - but I’m afraid it died in 2016, when the UK (now with Labour support) declared itself an enemy of the EU and invited other nations to merely laugh at its further collapse.

10 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Why have you joined to posts specifically about contrarian issues, if you're describing it like this?

They got laughed off the forum, had their prior accounts closed, and decided it would be good use of their time to sign up yet again to regularly howl into the void about how much they detest the website, completely oblivious to the fact that they'll quickly end up on the ignore lists of the people they're seething about.

Serious business, this internet malarkey.

4 hours ago, Antlion said:

Meh, stick some vague answers on a side of a bus and Starmer will eventually be willing to “make it work”. Well done on trying to resurrect the Spanish veto, though - but I’m afraid it died in 2016, when the UK (now with Labour support) declared itself an enemy of the EU and invited other nations to merely laugh at its further collapse.

Can Labour actually afford a bus?

8 hours ago, Jedi said:

This greatest hits album includes  "What Currency?", "Don't EU Want Me, Baby" and the 2016 classic "You Will Have Had Your Vote and it Was No". And the hits keep coming with "Border Guards at Gretna" and the timeless cover of Arch McP's "Where's My Pension?". Download now and get the bonus track "Foreigners in Waiting" featuring G "Foxy" Broon.