When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Aye the UK doesn't elect the executive branch, that is correct. However they do elect parties on manifestos and the current PM did call for Gordon Brown to call a GE in very similar circumstances to Mays essentially unopposed ascension. 

Now f**k off you bleach drinking octogenarian katie hopkins pedant c**t. 

I need a little work on my tolerant campaigning tone I think.

3 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I'm hardly bugged, merely mildly tetchy.  Both The FM and The PM are appointees of the monarch.  Not a system one would set out to design but also not a system that allows the ginger munchkin to make a claim she can't justify.

The Scottish leader was accused by the English one of not having a mandate. Thus the charge of hypocrisy.

Aye the UK doesn't elect the executive branch, that is correct. However they do elect parties on manifestos and the current PM did call for Gordon Brown to call a GE in very similar circumstances to Mays essentially unopposed ascension. 
Now f**k off you bleach drinking octogenarian katie hopkins pedant c**t. 

I need a little work on my tolerant campaigning tone I think.

Nicely put

1 minute ago, mjw said:

Just remember this guy is well into his fifties.
Fucking state of him.

There is a substantive point here.  Both the FM and the PM are appointed by the monarch.  This would not be my choice and in a grown up democracy it would be an utterly shite way of appointing a head of government.

That you and your SNP pals don't recognise this and don't see the opportunity to do government better and, worse, vaunt Wee Nicola for being elected as FM when she clearly wasn't is fucking tragic.

Summary:  Scotland does not vote for a First Minister.  Sturgeon was wrong to say so and the brain-drain on here are culpable in supporting her error.

I'm hardly bugged, merely mildly tetchy.  Both The FM and The PM are appointees of the monarch.  Not a system one would set out to design but also not a system that allows the ginger munchkin to make a claim she can't justify.

Aye, shocking that ginger Beth even has the authority. Dat queen do tho, blood.
You obviously have a problem with Indy, I get that, it destroys your twisted view of the UK, that's not a problem for me either, what is a problem is, you wake up from another drunken slumber, almost a daily occurrence now, come on here, talk pish, then go back to another drunken slumber, my goodness, you've got children! I can only imagine how embarrassed they may become if they ever see their fathers contributions on here.
Sit back down & think of your kids.

6 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

They don't.  Are we going through this shite again?

See above. The question is about mandate, not the vageries of election law. There is an excellent argument to say that Theresa May has no mandate to do anything, whereas there is no argument to say The First Minister is not perfectly entitled to start the process through Holyrood next week.

Now, again, sling your meths-soaked Daily Mail comments zoomer hook.

1 minute ago, DI Bruce Robertson said:

Aye, shocking that ginger Beth even has the authority. Dat queen do tho, blood.
You obviously have a problem with Indy, 

Nope....I gave that up after Brexit.  I have, though, a problem with the SNP.

I also have an issue with Sturgeon seeing herself as elected when she was a crown appointment and I take issue with the idea that Westminster votes for political parties when it doesn't.

Quite clearly a fair few posters on here have a poor appreciation of our constitution and even fewer would like to change from a crown-led appointment to a people-led appointment.  Shame on the republicans (not the bomb-chucking ones) on this thread.

9 hours ago, Karl Fletcher said:

Cracker of a rant from some Little Englander this morning, on LinkedIn of all places.

Apparently we'll be denied entry to the EU but we will also be forced to use the Euro. Get your head round that one.

I genuinely believe the pro-Union camp will be headless chickens this time, even more so than last time. The scaremongering will be off the charts as it's all they are left with. 

I've enjoyed rabid Brexiteers panning the EU, while at the same time taunting indy supporters by saying that Scotland wouldn't be allowed in.

Surely they should think that's a great benefit?

3 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

There is a substantive point here.  Both the FM and the PM are appointed by the monarch.  This would not be my choice and in a grown up democracy it would be an utterly shite way of appointing a head of government.

That you and your SNP pals don't recognise this and don't see the opportunity to do government better and, worse, vaunt Wee Nicola for being elected as FM when she clearly wasn't is fucking tragic.

Summary:  Scotland does not vote for a First Minister.  Sturgeon was wrong to say so and the brain-drain on here are culpable in supporting her error.

Scotland votes for a party knowing full well who will be first minister in the case of that party winning.  Same as the UK.

Sensible people are correct to see that as electing a First minister.  It's how the media and newspapers report it.  It's how people that can stand up right think of it.

if asked "Who was elected First minister in the election last night", 99% of people won't launch into a tedious and pointless exercise in describing the nuances of why no-one is elected First minister - they'll say "Nicola Sturgeon" and everyone will accept that the answer to the question they asked has been answered.

I'm now going to sit down to my tea.

Actually it's not my tea.  There'll be no tea on my plate of food...but you knew what I meant.

1 minute ago, Shades75 said:

Scotland votes for a party knowing full well who will be first minister in the case of that party winning.  Same as the UK.

One simply does not vote for a party in Westminster elections.  How often do I have to say it?

4 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

One simply does not vote for a party in Westminster elections.  How often do I have to say it?

"Who did you vote for in the election  Dave?"

"Labour, Stevie. You?"

"I voted Tory mate."

...and everyone accepts this conversation as true.

This is nit-picking of the highest order. The vast majority of people, when voting in an election, look at the party and not the candidate.