When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, The Master said:

Apparently the SNP's "take Scotland out of the EU against our will" clause hasn't been met because a majority of people in Scotland voted to keep the UK (not Scotland) in the EU.

Jackie-Chan-WTF.jpg 

We should have a referendum about it, problem solved.

16 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Seems she can say what the f**k she wants but if anyone calls her out on it she just keeps saying "you've libelled me".

Absolute arsehole of a woman.

I'm going to sue her for libel for using that twitter avatar of hers.

Had a discussion with a guy last night; he told me he hates unions, or what they have become, and that they're finished but we should vote to stay in the UK as Scotland has nothing, apart from oil. While, London his the financial centre of Europe and this will never change. And Scotland wanted to be in the UK in the 1700's and if folk weren't lied to in the 70's most would have voted no then as well anyway. I didn't consider it before but I would not be able to vote no knowing I would be voting the same as this man. I'm sure there's stupid people voting yes, I've just not encountered anyway so stupid yet keen to get their stupidity out there.

"Nationalist sources said that Ms Sturgeon saw EFTA membership as amore realistic goal than full EU membership, and 
suggested an 

independent Scotland could decide whether it wanted to join the EU at a later date, perhaps after a third referendum."

This is what that entire article revolves around and I for one don't see the issue with this way forward.  It seems to be the case that an independent Scotland would not get straight into the EU, so what is Sturgeon supposed to do? Suggest sitting around for X years in the queue with nothing else? Comes across as Yes being very realistic whilst the remainers try their best to twist it to make it look like Yes would opt for EFTA rather than EU given the choice of the two (which it seems they won't have).  Real straw clutching stuff.

Edited by Hedgecutter

I see the Daily Express is using one it's standard opening paragraph templates as well.

Choose one of the following and they will be on the front page of that horrible rag multiple times over the next 18 months:

- Nicola Sturgeon was today dealt a fresh blow...

- Nicola Sturgeon's independence dream was left in tatters this morning as...

- The SNP were today mired in fresh controversy as...

The Daily Express is hysterical garbage. Just had a look at their website and clocked the following five headlines in their first few articles on their homepage:

• Sturgeon's SHOCK backtrack on bid to stay in EU as anti-Brussels sentiment SWEEPS Scotland
  • Sturgeon 'should not be allowed!' Petition to BLOCK Scot referendum hits 100,000
  • REVEALED: The FOUR reasons Nicola Sturgeon’s independence dream is in TATTERS
  • Nicola Sturgeon’s independence dream CRASHES as poll finds Scots DON'T WANT to leave UK
  • 'No fast-track!' Spanish MEP SHATTERS Sturgeon's dream of automatically re-joining the EU

The last story is fantastic. Here are the quotes the from MEP in question:

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/779325/Spanish-MEP-Antonio-Lopez-Isturiz-White-Nicola-Sturgeon-EU

“Spain has nothing to say if there is a referendum in the United Kingdom. Should there be a clear will of the Scottish people leaving the United Kingdom then we will have to accept this reality and then we will see, if they ask to enter the European Union, to see how the negotiations go.”

“I don’t know if this would take two years, five, ten, I can only guess, I don’t want to make comparisons with other demands of addition to the European Union,” he said. “But of course I would say maybe Scotland would be more prepared than other countries that are now from Eastern parts of Europe for example."

"I have a guess that that would not be such a problem, but not a fast-track. There are no privileges here, everybody has to go through the same process. The timing will be shorter maybe because some chapters would be more clear in this case, maybe. But I cannot give you the dates or how long it will take."

"What I really refer is that there is no, and this has to be very clear, automatism. there has to be a procedure to be respected of adherence to the European Union like everybody else."

So yeah, really nowhere near as dramatic as the headline makes out.

POSITION DECLARED ON SCOTTISH INDEPENDENCE #ScoRef.

In the last independence referendum we strongly campaigned for Better Together.

We have covertly as a group decided on the above. The position now declared by those in Edinburgh South Labour Party is to support Scottish Independence.

Our decision directly relates to the values of Labour.

Our brave decision is at odds with the Scottish Labour leadership and Ian Murray MP. We cannot sit by and allow Conservatives to strip us of EU membership and our Human Rights. We are dismayed by Ian Murray MP to put himself above the People of Scotland.

We've had a broken vow, and false expectations of what was to be delivered, angering us within the Labour Party.

We are a group of around 30 Labour members working at varying levels in Scottish Labour.

This time we campaign for Yes Scotland - and we hope you will join us to protect Scotland and Her future rights, privileges and prosperity.

Yours.