When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

822 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If I had the time, I would genuinely go out and campaign now for a Yes vote. Have said loads of times I didnt vote last time out. Short reasoning being I wasnt convinced by Yes but no way was I giving No my vote.

This time however, I dont need to listen to or read the case for Yes. It is simply all about emptying ourselves from this clusterfuck May is presiding over. Truly toxic stuff and I will happily take my chances as little Scotland rather than be a part of Little Britain. Probably reaching America levels of utter mentalness.

f**k the UK.

If I had the time, I would genuinely go out and campaign now for a Yes vote. Have said loads of times I didnt vote last time out. Short reasoning being I wasnt convinced by Yes but no way was I giving No my vote.

This time however, I dont need to listen to or read the case for Yes. It is simply all about emptying ourselves from this clusterfuck May is presiding over. Truly toxic stuff and I will happily take my chances as little Scotland rather than be a part of Little Britain. Probably reaching America levels of utter mentalness.

f**k the UK.

Uping the 'yer da' stakes wee man. Great to see. [emoji106]

An overwhelming majority of the Scottish public want more powers to Holyrood and less handled at Westminster and a comfortable majority are also opposed to Brexit. There is no down side to this activism from the SNP's perspective then; in any long-standing constitutional struggle between the two parliaments on that issue ,the CDUs would lose support in a way that would make 2015 seem like a summer picnic for them. 

The question of who should rule is the CDU's biggest weakness but it requires work and concrete examples to bring it to the public's attention. 

4 minutes ago, Steve_Wilkos said:

"We'll keep having referendums until we get the result that we want"

Very low understanding of democracy in this thread.

The Scottish parliament voted in favour of holding a second referendum pretty recently. Isn't that how democracy works?

17 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

The Scottish parliament voted in favour of holding a second referendum pretty recently. Isn't that how democracy works?

55% of the region voted to remain only 4 years ago. It was a once in a generation thing they said, unless they lost... Which they did convincingly.

17 minutes ago, Steve_Wilkos said:

55% of the region voted to remain only 4 years ago. It was a once in a generation thing they said, unless they lost... Which they did convincingly.

Yes there's a lot of things it can be claimed 'they said' on both sides of the argument in the run up to the referendum. The SNP doesn't have exclusivity of that.

4 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

It would be if it had the power to hold one. 

Not sure if this is what you're saying but are you saying someone other than the Scottish parliament should get to decide when it's appropriate to have a referendum even when it has a majority of support there.

Thats's really how you think it should work?

Edited by Rodhull

7 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

It would be if it had the power to hold one. 

In that case literally no country could have ever voted for independence in history, you absolute fucking roaster. 

Turns out that 'democracy' is an idea that still applies regardless of what a gubbins, unwritten constitution says though; thanks for playing anyway. 

“Region.”

The good guys' focus should not be on the big, bad Tories - if you've been expecting anything less from them by now, you haven't really been paying attention. Pointing out that they are the UK Government and that Ruth Davidson is a gobshite liar is sufficient on that front. Most of the ammunition needs to be turned on Labour and the shower of morons supporting Corbyn the mumbleclown - it is time to take them down by pointing out that the Labour Party couldn't give a toss about the constitutional rights of Scotland - because they are in fact dyed-in-the-wool, British nationalists as well. 

Edited by vikingTON

There shouldn't be a second vote.

Leave won by a smaller percent and that vote is being honoured. As unpopular as this will make me so should the independence referendum result.

My opinion of course is completely invalid as I was born in Northern Ireland and moved to Scotland days after the referendum was held.