When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, BawWatchin said:

In any other country in the world, they would take the election by storm. But this is Scotland, a country where a huge chunk of the population base their politics, their religion and their arseholery on the football club they follow.

UK nationalism (typified by the Tories)  has been shored up by the BritNat parties “Northern Irishing” Scottish Politics for decades. The term “unionist” has always been related to the sectarian nonsense in Ireland/NI (including in the old “Conservative and Unionist” moniker) and yet the main parties eagerly adopted it to refer to Scotland. It’s no coincidence; it suits them to ensure they have a base of orange-flavoured loyalists

10 hours ago, sparky88 said:

Unlikely yes, but it shouldnt be made illegal in a legal document like a constitution. 

Whilst I agree that it shouldn't be in the constitution, I seem to recall you contributing to the Catalonia thread?

I don't recall you ever mentioning your outrage that the a similar provision exists in the Spanish constitution.

Why do you only appear to bring up the self-determination angle when it suits your viewpoint? Seems a bit two-faced to me.

24 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

Repeating the same old stuff. Those aren't going to win any new votes.

The voters need to be convinced on currency, trade deals , EU membership, border with England.

Where do you land on it, at the moment?

The voters need to be convinced on currency, trade deals , EU membership, border with England.

I couldnt give any less of a f**k about a border with England. A hard border with them and EU membership would be a price worth paying. We’ll just use that frictionless stuff that the tories say exists that doesnt actually exist.

On 1/31/2019 at 14:11, MixuFixit said:

As far as I can gather on Westminster polling, SNP should expect to be in the mid 40s seat wise. On Holyrood polling they're still projected to lose their ability to form a majority government even with Green support.

The opinion polling is always pretty weak for Holyrood but they do average a 15% lead in the constituency vote and about 11% in the list vote using the 5 most recent reputable polls. The Greens average about 6.6% in the list vote (which is what they exactly got in 2016).

It's very premature and there is a much bigger risk in Holyrood than people realise but I don't think it's fair to say that's the projection yet. It's been shown in one or two polls but mostly, it's been a similar state of play when you look at the last year or so of polling.

I suspect as well, all polling may turn out to be useless and we'll see a dramatic change in the landscape post Brexit. It's uncharted waters ahead.

1 hour ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

I disagree.

What they need are catchy slogans. Slogans that don't make them think too hard but stick in their heads.

24 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

Screxit.

No, no , no, fucking no. 'Grexit' was cringeworthy enough, and it's bad enough we'll be hearing about 'Brexit' for decades to come in list shows about the Top Ten Craziest Things About The Teenies.

An independent Scotland must outlaw the use of portmanteau as a matter of urgency. Sod nuclear weapons and North Sea oil.