When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Image result for excuse me gif

15 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

There we go again.  Every time I quote a Snipper who doesn't toe the party line it's an aberration/one-off/mistake.  I mentioned this to @DeeTillEhDehearlier.

At what point does this accumulation of outliers become the authentic voice of the Yessers?  We have to be close to it.  

Edited by Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo

On 13/12/2019 at 09:56, Fratelli said:

I think folk are maybe kidding themselves on about how big the support for a Yes vote would be imo. The folk who voted no are still there and the amount of folk who've changed their minds is nowhere near as big as folk think. The so-called Bigot vote still exists, plus you have the places up north who want Brexit due to the fishing situation and the elderly generation are still overwhelmingly in support of No. 

I'd rather the referendum was called when we were very confident of a Yes vote instead of using the campaign to try and push it over the line. Maybe best to wait a wee while to watch the shitshow in England unfurl which would surely increase support for the Yes vote. I get the thinking of striking whilst the iron's hot but if it was rejected this time we wouldn't get another go at it for at least 50 years, need to be certain before we call the vote. Never know, a few hard winters might do the trick eh 

I have to disagree on the 1st paragraph.

Other than the Rangers loyal, GSTQ, Rule Britannia lot that I know all the other no voters have woke up and changed team.

If the referendum is called for 2020 then we have 6 years of mostly no voting dead pensioners taking the no count down too.

Can't see why anyone voting Yes in 2014 would change their minds but I know a lot changing from no and a few dead no voters.

1 minute ago, Dunfermline Don said:

I take exception to this. I voted SNP, my wife is English and although she voted Lib Dem she can see why we would want to be ruled by Edinburgh and not London.

Maybe but I'm not the one to take it up with.  Have a go at your fellow Snipper, @Alert Mongoose.  He's just one of the blokes who has an issue with 'The English' and how they are diluting votes in Scotland.

Odd that you would think it was my issue, but then if you are a Yesser you have to be a bit peculiar.

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

for almost half a millenium we've been the major beneficiary

312 years isn't "almost" 500 years. As for us being the "major beneficiary of all of this. Think again.

Scotland has been getting shafted for far longer than people like you care to know or admit.

20cfigures.jpg

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

Not really.  I am a Scot.  I just don't recognise the Scotland of the Snippers.  To do that involves me forgetting everything that made Scotland what it is.

If Scotland is doing so great out of this union then why does Scotland suddenly turn to shit in a unionists mind as soon as the subject of the SNP comes up?

Just now, ancientnoise said:

Crivvens, that's an ask!

A link or even the original search statement would narrow it down. Cheers in advance 🙂

The source isn't singular, it comes from a multitude of difference sources for each year. I'd be up the whole week picking out the sources for each individual figure for you.

8 hours ago, johnnydun said:

If I could guarantee pension improvements, would you vote Yes?

Hes based in England, so should he get a vote on Independence?

This would be the issue. The Scots who've moved down there but who likely still hold addresses up here. Theyll register to get a vote despite living elsewhere, then blindly vote to remain because they dont fully understand.

There we go again.  Every time I quote a Snipper who doesn't toe the party line it's an aberration/one-off/mistake.  I mentioned this to [mention=22650]DeeTillEhDeh[/mention]earlier.
At what point does this accumulation of outliers become the authentic voice of the Yessers?  We have to be close to it.  
There will always be nutters who attach themselves to any nationalist movement.

Do you, for example, think Holocaust denier Mankyjaiket is representative of Unionists?

4 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Another Tory on Marr with the line "Not all the people who voted for the SNP support Independence, and 55% of voters voted for Unionist parties".

Again, not being asked if all of that 55% are supporters of the Union.

I know, this shite is really starting to piss me off. They all know that not all Lib Dem, Labour and even Tories are Unionists. It just highlights the complete bias that the MSM have by not even questioning it.

Guest Moomintroll

I don't really comment in here too much as I realise my views may not exactly be popular & I have no interest in pointless arguments but I need to be completely unbiased & honest after the events of the last few days. Given the result in Scotland during the EU Referendum & Thursday nights events, it would be unconstitutional to deny Scotland a 2nd Independence Referendum. There appears to be a clear mandate there, my opinion means nothing unless it is reflected by the majority of Voters. I want Scotland to remain in the Union & I want to leave the EU, irrespective of what happens I will be coming home to die if I can make it past Retirement age but there has been a fundamental change in Scotlands relationship with Europe now that Article 50 will be triggered irrevocably & the Country deserves the right to agree or diagree with that decision no matter what the eventual outcome is.

2 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

I don't really comment in here too much as I realise my views may not exactly be popular & I have no interest in pointless arguments but I need to be completely unbiased & honest after the events of the last few days. Given the result in Scotland during the EU Referendum & Thursday nights events, it would be unconstitutional to deny Scotland a 2nd Independence Referendum. There appears to be a clear mandate there, my opinion means nothing unless it is reflected by the majority of Voters. I want Scotland to remain in the Union & I want to leave the EU, irrespective of what happens I will be coming home to die if I can make it past Retirement age but there has been a fundamental change in Scotlands relationship with Europe now that Article 50 will be triggered irrevocably & the Country deserves the right to agree or diagree with that decision no matter what the eventual outcome is.

This is exactly the right response.

Well done @Moomintroll.

I know that we have different political and constitutional opinions but we both have the same opinion on democracy.

If the SNP only won the 11 seats that the opposition parties won in Scotland, nobody would be crying out for an independence referendum anytime soon as it would clearly show the Scottish electorate were in line with the UK and happy with being ruled by Westminster. 

But it didn't.

Another Tory on Marr with the line "Not all the people who voted for the SNP support Independence, and 55% of voters voted for Unionist parties".
Again, not being asked if all of that 55% are supporters of the Union.

It is all that they have left to go on! I would appreciate it more if they could actually give me any positive reason to stay in the Union.

Anyone watch Politics Scotland and think former Labour MP Paul Sweeney may be getting his knuckles rapped from Labour HQ?

That was a really interesting and somewhat enexpected position to take, given everything we've heard thus far.

Not that I agree entirely with what he said, federalism first for example. Just surprised to hear Labour potentially turning.

Richard Leonard thinks he can still be first minister so the penny has dropped for them all yet

Anyone watch Politics Scotland and think former Labour MP Paul Sweeney may be getting his knuckles rapped from Labour HQ?

That was a really interesting and somewhat enexpected position to take, given everything we've heard thus far.

Not that I agree entirely with what he said, federalism first for example. Just surprised to hear Labour potentially turning.

Guest Moomintroll
This is exactly the right response.
Well done [mention=72852]Moomintroll[/mention].
I know that we have different political and constitutional opinions but we both have the same opinion on democracy.
If the SNP only won the 11 seats that the opposition parties won in Scotland, nobody would be crying out for an independence referendum anytime soon as it would clearly show the Scottish electorate were in line with the UK and happy with being ruled by Westminster. 
But it didn't.
Would be nice if I could learn how to spell "disagree" mind.