The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

Bbc running with the story of a referee appointment as their main Scottish football story. They're just feeding into that deluded mentality of the OF.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-13271887/Neil-Warnock-reveals-quit-Aberdeen-boss-just-34-DAYS-need-dethrone-Old-Firm-clubs-legend-criticism-load-b.html

During Warnock’s eight games in charge, a fragile group of players shipped 14 goals. Five came in two home games against Motherwell and Hibernian, their only clean sheet a Scottish Cup win over non-league Bonnyrigg Rose.

I used 12ft ladder to get passed the paywall. 

Edited by betting competition

1 hour ago, betting competition said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-13271887/Neil-Warnock-reveals-quit-Aberdeen-boss-just-34-DAYS-need-dethrone-Old-Firm-clubs-legend-criticism-load-b.html

During Warnock’s eight games in charge, a fragile group of players shipped 14 goals. Five came in two home games against Motherwell and Hibernian, their only clean sheet a Scottish Cup win over non-league Bonnyrigg Rose.

I stopped using 12ft ladder as it looked like most publications had found a way of blocking it so the paywalls remained. Maybe they've updated it as it certainly works on that piece. Shall give it another shot. 

2 hours ago, betting competition said:

"Weeks after his rapid departure from Aberdeen, Neil Warnock is already planning a return to the north east of Scotland.

For £100 - and an extra £50 for those keen to take afternoon tea - Balmoral Castle will throw its doors open to members of the public over the summer months.

For the first time, visitors will gain access to two dining rooms, the drawing room, the page’s lobby and the red corridor, where King Charles greeted Prime Minister Rishi Sunak. Warnock spent Wednesday traversing the internet in a quest to get himself and wife Sharon to the front of the queue.

‘We saw they were letting people inside for the first time and we tried to get tickets online and couldn’t get any,’ he tells Mail Sport. ‘We tried all day on the website.

‘We wanted to try the afternoon tea for £150 and a look at some of the rooms.

‘I’d love to do that, because I’m a royalist me. It’s only 40 tickets a day and if you can get some tickets let me know. I might catch an Aberdeen game when I’m up.’

clint-eastwood-disgusted-gif-1378985.gif

On 01/04/2024 at 17:08, KirkieRR said:

It eventually mentions the incident - surely the worst but possibly least-reported pyro incident this season - in the second-last paragraph but doesn't link it to the pic.

This seems a bit steeped in bias. Firstly, to suggest that the Rangers pyro incident at Dens was the least-reported one is pretty hilarious. It was huge news at the time and even kicked off an SPFL investigation with the SFA, Police and Government all involved.

And secondly, maybe it's a matter of opinion, but I'd consider a child getting injured by pyro to be a worse incident than a fire alarm being triggered by it.

2 hours ago, AJF said:

This seems a bit steeped in bias. Firstly, to suggest that the Rangers pyro incident at Dens was the least-reported one is pretty hilarious. It was huge news at the time and even kicked off an SPFL investigation with the SFA, Police and Government all involved.

And secondly, maybe it's a matter of opinion, but I'd consider a child getting injured by pyro to be a worse incident than a fire alarm being triggered by it.

Sometimes I think you might actually believe your club are hard done by. 

2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Sometimes I think you might actually believe your club are hard done by. 

Sometimes I think you interpret stuff from my posts that really aren’t there rather than taking what I’ve said at face value 😅

INxhtLG.png

Oh, dear, apparently Dundee could finish in the top 6 by beating the side that plays at Dens Park, which are.. *checks notes* ..Dundee.

Insightful stuff as ever!

I get it, it's a live feed, errors will happen, and let's be honest I make tons of mistakes on here myself, but this is written by a journalist employed by the country's national broadcaster.

55 minutes ago, Ric said:

INxhtLG.png

Oh, dear, apparently Dundee could finish in the top 6 by beating the side that plays at Dens Park, which are.. *checks notes* ..Dundee.

Insightful stuff as ever!

I get it, it's a live feed, errors will happen, and let's be honest I make tons of mistakes on here myself, but this is written by a journalist employed by the country's national broadcaster.

Yeah, it's shocking. You'll get told it's just a "typo", though.

4 minutes ago, Darren said:

Yeah, it's shocking. You'll get told it's just a "typo", though.

I've got sympathy, you read my posts and they can look like some illiterate buffoon wrote it (insert your own joke here..! :lol:), but yeah even though this is a simple and easy mistake to make (they were talking Dundee, had Dens Park in their heads) it's pretty damning considering it's the BBC.

24 minutes ago, Ric said:

I've got sympathy, you read my posts and they can look like some illiterate buffoon wrote it (insert your own joke here..! :lol:), but yeah even though this is a simple and easy mistake to make (they were talking Dundee, had Dens Park in their heads) it's pretty damning considering it's the BBC.

People who can only speak English and have heard of exactly two American TV channels will assure you it's the best broadcaster in the world.  It must be, it's British.

I see Rangers' knucklescrapers and the OF's lickspittle cheerleaders in the media are turning on Tom English for speculating that Ally McCoist means he'll be singing about being up to his knees in f*nian blood. Clueless bampots saying McCoist should sure for "slander".  If McCoist didn't mean that song, or one at that level, what song did he mean?

He said that he's going to break the Act, meaning he intends to behave in a way that is threatening, abusive or insulting with the intention of stirring up hatred of a protected group - in this case, that could only be Catholics.

So either he intends to sing songs like the Billy Boys, or he's a clueless f**k passing comment on a piece of legislation without the faintest idea what it says.

I honestly don't know which of those two applies.

McCoist is a c**t.

He proved his 'likeable cheeky lad' persona was a front when he became Sevco manager, with the pish about demanding to know 'who was on the panel' a massive giveaway.

He's either a huge bigot or a huge bigot apologist.

He's a knee-jerk guid Rangers man - the clumpany must always be defended, no matter how stupid it makes him look.

I don't remember seeing any evidence of him personally being a bigot, but by God he'll fight to the death* to defend the rights of The Rangers fans who are and, I suspect, ONLY The Rangers fans. He'd likely be displeased if he saw other groups engaging in bigotry, and would see no dissonance in that.

* moan in the press and nothing else

1 hour ago, GordonS said:

I see Rangers' knucklescrapers and the OF's lickspittle cheerleaders in the media are turning on Tom English for speculating that Ally McCoist means he'll be singing about being up to his knees in f*nian blood. Clueless bampots saying McCoist should sure for "slander".  If McCoist didn't mean that song, or one at that level, what song did he mean?

He said that he's going to break the Act, meaning he intends to behave in a way that is threatening, abusive or insulting with the intention of stirring up hatred of a protected group - in this case, that could only be Catholics.

So either he intends to sing songs like the Billy Boys, or he's a clueless f**k passing comment on a piece of legislation without the faintest idea what it says.

I honestly don't know which of those two applies.

Exactly this. It was McCoist who said he'd be breaking the law, so if it isn't those kind of songs, what was he referring to? Hating on disabled folk, trans? He knows he meant religion, we know and so does Tom English. Pretty sure the rangers fans will have non sectarian party tunes 🙄🤔

Would love McCoist to try and sue him and have to disclose in court what HE thought would mean he would fall foul of the new law.

Unrelated to above, but in terms of bad 'journalisim' Alan Preston on radio didn't notice Sidibeh had gone off and was replaced by Kimpioka for final 10 mins. Kept shouting how well Sidibeh was doing well to chase ball etc. Impressive work from bench. 

Edited by Theyellowbox

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

McCoist is a c**t.

He proved his 'likeable cheeky lad' persona was a front when he became Sevco manager, with the pish about demanding to know 'who was on the panel' a massive giveaway.

Spot on. He grew up choosing to support Rangers when their anti-catholic policies were rife and one of his strops when Rangers died was demanding the club needed to survive and protect its songs and traditions. He is a low life bigot that has managed to manipulate his image through the Scottish succulent lamb media full of his bigot mates that see nothing wrong with sectarianism and the English lot that only see his manufactured cheeky chappie image supposedly loved by all north of the border. He is indeed a total and utter c*nt. 

14 hours ago, Charles Stiles said:

Spot on. He grew up choosing to support Rangers when their anti-catholic policies were rife and one of his strops when Rangers died was demanding the club needed to survive and protect its songs and traditions. He is a low life bigot that has managed to manipulate his image through the Scottish succulent lamb media full of his bigot mates that see nothing wrong with sectarianism and the English lot that only see his manufactured cheeky chappie image supposedly loved by all north of the border. He is indeed a total and utter c*nt. 

His fan club on here is a complete scunner. How anyone can't see through his affected persona is beyond me. Unfortunately, I've met dozens like him who claim to be 90 minutes bigots and are great guys otherwise. What they mean is they are suppressed bigots who lose control for 90 minutes.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

18 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

McCoist is a c**t.

Yep, that was disgusting behaviour by him, wanting names revealed so threats could be made towards them and their families, so they'd be scared to vote against Sevco joining the 2nd tier. That was after the Raith Chairman spoke out publicly against them and him and his family had threats made against them.

Don't even know why Sevco fans worship him as some great guy either, he screwed as much money out of them as he could with the ridiculous wages he was being paid and failed to get them promoted out the Championship first time of asking, then continued being paid a fortune taking Gardening leave.