The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

The day of a must win qualifier for Scotland and the Daily Record's top football stories are:

1. Celtic confirm deal with Nerang Eagles to make them their Australian feeder club

2. Here's who's in the running to become Rangers' No. 3

3. Celtic misfit Nadir Ciftci told to shape up as loan move in Poland turns sour

3 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Rory Loy, probably.

They had just mentioned Loy and Gary Irvine in the previous paragraph so I'm assuming the meant Gaty McKenzie. It would've been nice of the writer to tell us rather than leaving us guessing.

Screenshot_20170326-221151.jpg

2 hours ago, Dee Man said:

They had just mentioned Loy and Gary Irvine in the previous paragraph so I'm assuming the meant Gaty McKenzie. It would've been nice of the writer to tell us rather than leaving us guessing.

Screenshot_20170326-221151.jpg

The poor writing aside, what about the photograph? Why doesn't the photographer position himself where he has the crowd or at least part of the stadium in the background?! The amount of times I've seen photographs from Falkirk games with the one undeveloped side of the ground as the backdrop makes you wonder if theres any marketing nouce between any of them!

1. 9 hours ago, Chimter-boys said:

874c444c63d023e74b9e16f1f95a8d0d.jpg

Picked 'Kech' against England apparently

It's a misprint, he said 'keech'

1. 51 minutes ago, sjc said:

The poor writing aside, what about the photograph? Why doesn't the photographer position himself where he has the crowd or at least part of the stadium in the background?! The amount of times I've seen photographs from Falkirk games with the one undeveloped side of the ground as the backdrop makes you wonder if theres any marketing nouce between any of them!

Too far from the coffee shop.

1 hour ago, sjc said:

I want the photographer who made the Scottish Tory party conference look busy to take all the Falkirk match photos from now on.

I don't read any reports or listen to the pundits after a game because the say utter fucking gash and a pack of lies.

P&B is a far better place to read match reports, almost every post an honest assessment of what really happened.

4 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Proving again to be an indispensable source for the latest Scottish football news, today's Daily Record brings you a table of the leading scorers from this season's SPL, Tennent's Scottish Cup and CIS League Cup:

Untitled.png

It's better than them filling the space with news about the diddies.

1 hour ago, Nightmare said:

I can't even think of a word to sum up just how pathetic that is.

My favourite one of these was mentioned in this thread, I think, when in their column of headlines they had a story about Toni Kroos moving from Munich to Madrid - printed a year after it happened.

5 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Proving again to be an indispensable source for the latest Scottish football news, today's Daily Record brings you a table of the leading scorers from this season's SPL, Tennent's Scottish Cup and CIS League Cup:

Untitled.png

It almost seems like something that an editor who was quitting that day would do as a final prank.

In his "what did Joey Barton have for breakfast?" column this week, Rob Maclean thinks that Scotland v Slovenia, which couldn't even half-fill Hampden, should have been played at the larger Celtic Park. His justification? With more than half the team made up of Celtic players, it was sure to be a sell-out.

If I ever show signs of coming close to understanding the logic of the west coast media, get me a one-way ticket to Switzerland.