The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

17 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Proving again to be an indispensable source for the latest Scottish football news, today's Daily Record brings you a table of the leading scorers from this season's SPL, Tennent's Scottish Cup and CIS League Cup:

Untitled.png

Personally I'm more concerned with the fact that there is at least one player from every team in there except Dundee. It goes all the way down to 6 goals FFS!

It obviously means we like to share our goals amongst the team rather than just rely on a couple of players...

In his "what did Joey Barton have for breakfast?" column this week, Rob Maclean thinks that Scotland v Slovenia, which couldn't even half-fill Hampden, should have been played at the larger Celtic Park. His justification? With more than half the team made up of Celtic players, it was sure to be a sell-out.
If I ever show signs of coming close to understanding the logic of the west coast media, get me a one-way ticket to Switzerland. 

It would have been a sell out at Celtec park because the number of people who turn up has no bearing on attendances there.

2 hours ago, Dee Man said:

Personally I'm more concerned with the fact that there is at least one player from every team in there except Dundee. It goes all the way down to 6 goals FFS!

It obviously means we like to share our goals amongst the team rather than just rely on a couple of players...

Pretty sure Marcus Haber is our joint top scorer this season - with Greg Stewart.

On 28/03/2017 at 08:22, Dee Man said:

Joe Garner is on that list, and no Dundee players.

Joe Garner.

Yes, I know, there's no chance of any United players either, it's not the point.

Joe Garner.

38 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Joe Garner is on that list, and no Dundee players.

Joe Garner.

Yes, I know, there's no chance of any United players either, it's not the point.

Joe Garner.

Our free-flowing, expansive and all out attacking style of football means that our goals come from all over the pitch. 

That's why it is.

What a bizarre rant from our old pal Tanner

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/799693/david-tanner-mark-warburton-pedro-caixinha-rangers-slaughter/

Weird how a year ago Mark Warburton was a visionary, the sort of guy Scottish football needed more of and now (after Dave King slagged him off) he's subhuman scum. It's almost like everyone just pandered to him to get in Rangers' good books...

David Tanner is genuinely the worst football, nay actually, sports presenter I've seen in my life. I'd genuinely be hard pushed to pick someone who could do a worse job than he does for Sky and that has nothing to do with any alleged allegiances one way or the other.

41 minutes ago, Rugster said:

I really, really hate David Tanner

I read that twice and was convinced it said Donald Trump.  Seriously.

It's either projection or I'm going fucking batty.  Or both.

Fingers crossed its finally the dementia setting in.

35 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Absolute shitebag, Tanner. There's been a few comments like this since Warbs got punted, why did they wait till he's sack to stick the boot in? 

Because they're shitebags, like you said. 

32 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I hate him too. 

Our top scorer is Carl tremarco... our left back

The media have all changed their tune on Warburton, and did so very sharpish once he was punted. They all now claim to have said that they were never big fans and 'saw the warning signs', whereas in truth they masturbated furiously over him, hailed him a revolutionary, claimed he and his team would easily take second place this season, tried to make out him winning the Championship was a huge deal and voted for him as manager of the year last season.