The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

25 minutes ago, lonewolfie said:

Sourness on SSN now spouting the tired old pish : Scottish football needs a strong Rangurs etc etc.
Dinosaur and wage thief.

Does nobody ever point it out that Scottish football managed just fine without them? 

Same tired old pish :lol: 

53 minutes ago, Trackdaybob said:

Does nobody ever point it out that Scottish football managed just fine without them? 

Seems to me Scottish football is in a healthier state than it was before Rangers went kaput.  Attendances are up, there hasn't been an Administration event in close to 5 years,  and the parade of shysters, incompetents, and nincompoop club owners appears to have stopped. 

1 hour ago, Trackdaybob said:

Generally no.

An idiot like Souness is able to wander off thinking his ludicrous, unsupportable opinions carry weight, because they don't get challenged.

2 hours ago, lonewolfie said:

Sourness on SSN now spouting the tired old pish : Scottish football needs a strong Rangurs etc etc.
Dinosaur and wage thief.

Outrageous! Absolutely fcuking outrageous sir.

Competition against Celtic should be outlawed...

6 minutes ago, bennett said:

Outrageous! Absolutely fcuking outrageous sir.

Competition against Celtic should be outlawed...

Don't be silly Bennett.

Only Rangers (and arguably Celtic) need a strong Rangers.  That's not Scottish football.

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Don't be silly Bennett.

Only Rangers (and arguably Celtic) need a strong Rangers.  That's not Scottish football.

Sorry, I must've missed the huge list of teams queueing up to challenge Celtic ....

Just now, bennett said:

Sorry, I must've missed the huge list of teams queueing up to challenge Celtic ....

What's that got to do with it?

There's rather more to Scottish football than which team wins the top division.   The Souness comment, as related here, was to do with the needs of the game.  It was nonsense.

12 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

Seems to me Scottish football is in a healthier state than it was before Rangers went kaput.  Attendances are up, there hasn't been an Administration event in close to 5 years,  and the parade of shysters, incompetents, and nincompoop club owners appears to have stopped. 

You've not been following the goings-on at Ibrox, have you?

2 hours ago, The DA said:

BBC Gossip page has the Murray Mint ready to invest again in the new club...

After all the slaggings he rightfully took for effectively killing the old club, I wonder what the Cognitive Dissonance RSC Loyal will make of that...

BBC Gossip page has the Murray Mint ready to invest again in the new club...
After all the slaggings he rightfully took for effectively killing the old club, I wonder what the Cognitive Dissonance RSC Loyal will make of that...

I for one welcome Rangers new Minty Moonbeams overlord.

17 hours ago, lonewolfie said:

Dinosaur and wage thief.

The very worst aspect of the week before a Rangers-Celtic game is the *endless* parade of has-beens that are trotted out in the media  to say that thing that they always say.

The only impressive aspect of it is the level of obscurity that some of them are fished out of - "Jamie Murphy will have the beating of Celtic's fullbacks at the weekend - Ted McMinn (Exclusive)"

5 hours ago, The DA said:

Sorry, I forgot to add the caveat that Ibrox is an outlier, that place is always going to be a shit show.  In 2012 when the first Rangers died we still had the likes of Romanov still around plus Dunfermline in trouble and being a year off Dundee's latest administration while of course Rangers were circling the drain.