The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

1 minute ago, Pie Of The Month said:

It's pitched at Copa90's 1.5m youtube subscribers from all over the world. You obviously dived right in here with the English looking down on Scotland angle when it was a Scottish woman who produced it, it's OK we can move on if you want?

Aye that is correct. It's pitched to c***s that liked this. Folk with Neymar tops.

23 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

It's pitched at Copa90's 1.5m youtube subscribers from all over the world. You obviously dived right in here with the English looking down on Scotland angle when it was a Scottish woman who produced it, it's OK we can move on if you want?

Just look at their vids. Fucking subscribe to it, then. It's god awful shite.

Edited by HaikuHibee

1 minute ago, HaikuHibee said:

Just look at their vids man. Fucking subscribe to it, then. It's god awful shite.

To be fair to them, some of their stuff is pretty good like their "Derby Days" series but a lot is just garbage like this

1 minute ago, senorsoupe said:

To be fair to them, some of their stuff is pretty good like their "Derby Days" series but a lot is just garbage like this

Subscribe to them, then. I think it looks really shit, real eye-bleeding stuff.

On 4/22/2018 at 00:03, HaikuHibee said:

Subscribe to them, then. I think it looks really shit, real eye-bleeding stuff.

There definitely is some absolute shite on their channel aimed at fanboys who have never been to a game of football in their life and want to hear stupid rumours about Man United or Real Madrid players, but there's also some decent, well-presented content on there. As mentioned already, the Derby Days stuff is good, if a bit "omg look how good these fans are!", regardless of whether it's an incredible atmosphere at a Dortmund game or a bunch of Arsenal fans sitting on their hands. But all in all it's fine - on a football channel with such a large scope and so many different contributors it's not particularly surprising to see varied levels of quality in their videos.

14 minutes ago, CambieBud said:

John Hughes claiming in The Daily Rangers that Scott Arfield would be the best signing The Rangers have ever made!!!
I presume he means since they formed in 2012, but even if that is stretching credulity

Who have they signed since 2012 that would be better than Arfield?  I admit I may be biased but Arfield is class IMHO.

On 21/04/2018 at 22:55, senorsoupe said:

Not sure where this falls but I just saw a YouTube video on Copa 90 with a clickbaity title claiming a) Scottish Football is dying and b) it's Celtic's fault.

Special guest appearance from our friend and overlord @Div who stood up for the Scottish game admirably!

It doesn't say Scottish football is dead or blame Celtic, though. It asks an admittedly leading question. The vast majority of the contributors are very positive about our game.

28 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Nil points for Keef at last night's press awards.  :D 

If the Sports Press Awards were based on the quality of their content then said awards would be fucking withheld!

1 minute ago, sjc said:

If the Sports Press Awards were based on the quality of their content then said awards would be fucking withheld!

Evening Express  guy won reporter of the year and a Daily Mail writer won columnist of the year. Keef was runner up in both.

Edited by Rugster