The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

In case anyone was wondering what someone of a Hearts persuasion thinks of the current state of football you'll be delighted to hear it's Robbie Neilson on Sportsound tonight.  Must say they've been pretty subdued through this whole pandemic lark.

4 hours ago, TonyFerrino said:

In case anyone was wondering what someone of a Hearts persuasion thinks of the current state of football you'll be delighted to hear it's Robbie Neilson on Sportsound tonight.  Must say they've been pretty subdued through this whole pandemic lark.

Edited by Florentine_Pogen

On 28/08/2020 at 06:44, buchan30 said:

We get the whole “it’s all the rest of Scottish Footballs fault” thing every year, usually from shit pundits that havent a clue about what’s happening in scotland. The same pundits that claim in the same way that bayern and psg are never challenged in their respective leagues.

It's a silly argument. Celtic got to the UEFA Cup final in a season when they won 98 points and finished the SPL with a goal difference of 72. They won league games 4-0 (x3), 5-0 (x2), 6-2, and 7-0. They won 31 of 38 games.

Yet this procession of easy games didn't stop them beating Celta Vigo, Stuttgart, and Liverpool because they had a good team and a coach who could organise and motivate that team.

The problem at the moment is quite simple. They have a limited team and a limited coach.

Just heard on Sky, Youssuf Mulumbo, despite signing for Killie for the third time (and from whom Celtic took him) described as "ex Celtic player".

Ffs

It will no doubt be the same with Stokes at Livi. I expect no mention by BBC Glasgow of him almost singlehandedly winning Hibs the Cup v. Sevco nor his time at Arsenal, where he broke into the reserve squad aged 15. No, it will be all about Stokes playing for Celtic and Neil Lennon.

5 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:
55 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
Just heard on Sky, Youssuf Mulumbo, despite signing for Killie for the third time (and from whom Celtic took him) described as "ex Celtic player".

Ffs

It will no doubt be the same with Stokes at Livi. I expect no mention by BBC Glasgow of him almost singlehandedly winning Hibs the Cup v. Sevco nor his time at Arsenal, where he broke into the reserve squad aged 15. No, it will be all about Stokes playing for Celtic and Neil Lennon.

Stokes is *almost* fair enough. At least he actually had a significant Celtic career. Mulumbo done f**k all there for about twenty minutes. The only story around him and Scottish football is about him and Killie.

58 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Ffs

Barely even a Celtic player. Had 3 appearances in a Celtic shirt, compared to 32 for Killie - or 22 for Paris St Germain if you're going there.

44 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:
1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Ffs

Anthony Stokes played nearly twice as many games for Celtic as he did for any other club in his career.

34 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

It’s the same in Scotland when pundits say ‘footballs back’. When it only is for a tiny minority.

If that phrase is based on the relative attendances in the various Scottich leagues, I would imagine that football is probably back for the majority.

From what I've seen so far our "elite" clubs have no claim to be top flight.
The Scottish Premiership is top flight football in Scotland. It's nothing to do with how good the football is.

Still on this chip on our shoulder stuff?

If by "chip on my shoulder" you mean do I think that the Bbc should recognise that British football isn't just English football, then yes, I have a chip on my shoulder. I just think it would be pretty simple to say "top flight football has returned in England" or "English top flight football has returned".

3 hours ago, MacDonald Jardine said:
On 29/08/2020 at 19:02, resk said:
BBC news - "top flight football has returned as Arsenal win the Community Shield".

British Broadcasting Corporation aye?

c***s.

From what I've seen so far our "elite" clubs have no claim to be top flight.

Well your mob certainly isn't!  

Enjoy Arbroath. 

6 minutes ago, MacDonald Jardine said:
48 minutes ago, TonyFerrino said:
Well your mob certainly isn't!  
Enjoy Arbroath. 

No and it shows how far we've fallen.

It isn't that far to fall be honest as you were down there 6 years ago to be fair.