The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

36 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

It's important to note that they are only suggesting that Oli McBurnie is Rangers daft. Knowledge of Shankland's favourite club presumably remains out of reach of their investigative journalists.

Which is surprising given he is a Rangers fan.

12 minutes ago, ropy said:

Which curry is appropriate for King Prawn, genuinely interested

A King Prawn is a large insect, probably better suited to bug curries. But many curries will have insect material in them anyway, as paprika, chilli powder and cayenne pepper are especially attractive to tiny insects. Many other spices host such as the drugstore and cigarette beetles, but I'll not expand too much on this here, if interested you could easily do some research.

But one piece of advice: put any spices into the freezer for 3 or 4 days before use, this will kill any active insects, however, both the drugstore beetle and the cigarette beetle can penetrate tinfoil and plastic packaging.

9 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

A King Prawn is a large insect, probably better suited to bug curries. But many curries will have insect material in them anyway, as paprika, chilli powder and cayenne pepper are especially attractive to tiny insects. Many other spices host such as the drugstore and cigarette beetles, but I'll not expand too much on this here, if interested you could easily do some research.

But one piece of advice: put any spices into the freezer for 3 or 4 days before use, this will kill any active insects, however, both the drugstore beetle and the cigarette beetle can penetrate tinfoil and plastic packaging.

Can mangoworms penetrate jars of chutney though?

4 hours ago, Ric said:

Prawns shouldn't be in curry. In fact prawns shouldn't be eaten full stop. FACT!

I miss the good old days when the choice was basically chicken or some unspecified "meat". Opting for a "Meat Vindaloo" was the sub-continent's equivalent of Russian roulette, only to be undertaken after at least eight pints. I also miss the flock wallpaper and the sitar music, but then I've never much liked change.

4 hours ago, Ric said:

Prawns shouldn't be in curry. In fact prawns shouldn't be eaten full stop. FACT!

I love those insect like little b*****ds.  I'm not Lawrence Shankland though.  

I'll get some from the seafood van for lunch tomorrow in fact.  Want some pictures? 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53950439

Half expected a decent argument for a few top English clubs Messi could join.

I should have known better. Big Man City and Chelsea, then little Burnley, Wycombe, Sunderland, and Southampton getting patronising pats on the head. All while going full "COULD HE DO IT ON A COLD NIGHT IN STOKE?!" banter levels.

4 hours ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

I miss the good old days when the choice was basically chicken or some unspecified "meat". Opting for a "Meat Vindaloo" was the sub-continent's equivalent of Russian roulette, only to be undertaken after at least eight pints. I also miss the flock wallpaper and the sitar music, but then I've never much liked change.

You have something in common with Scotland players- they miss sitars too 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53965934

This type of article annoys me.

It's framed as an "explainer" but it's the same old "you think this is complicated well so do we, stupid UEFA LOLZ".

The Nations League admittedly isn't the simplest thing to get your head around to begin with, but equally it's far from the most complicated. The whole point of an "explainer" article should be to leave the reader at least with a high-level understanding by the end. It's not a place to reinforce the idea that you need multiple doctorates to know what's going on, just to have another dig at UEFA.

2 hours ago, The Master said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53965934

This type of article annoys me.

It's framed as an "explainer" but it's the same old "you think this is complicated well so do we, stupid UEFA LOLZ".

The Nations League admittedly isn't the simplest thing to get your head around to begin with, but equally it's far from the most complicated. The whole point of an "explainer" article should be to leave the reader at least with a high-level understanding by the end. It's not a place to reinforce the idea that you need multiple doctorates to know what's going on, just to have another dig at UEFA.

The propensity to write articles as if the journalist is talking to their pals shows no signs of winding down any time soon. 

A dreadful trend perpetuated by idiots.