The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

7 hours ago, RiG said:

He tweeted this:

Cunt.thumb.PNG.4f9951b3d6bb25d17d0e351cf9a973f4.PNG

Before claiming it was a big funny joke:

986933634_LOLJoke.thumb.PNG.c4ab4062b9ba3d0376ea1e60957bcd60.PNG

I wondered what he had said, he blocked me.some months ago after I called him out about not understanding the attachment people have to local clubs, we wish to see them do well but seeing them win trophies is not why we follow and support them.

Man's a clown.

11 minutes ago, Lofarl said:

If I used twitter at all, I'd point out that something like 14 or 15 league clubs were wiped in the central belt out due to the decline of shale and oil industries from about 1925 to 1930 - so many that they dissolved a league division in 1926 for lack of teams. The Great Depression would probably have killed the clubs had they not died first of a more local one.

26 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

If I used twitter at all, I'd point out that something like 14 or 15 league clubs were wiped in the central belt out due to the decline of shale and oil industries from about 1925 to 1930 - so many that they dissolved a league division in 1926 for lack of teams. The Great Depression would probably have killed the clubs had they not died first of a more local one.

TBF it's true that the club's we have now survived the great depression.

Apart from Rangers who were founded in 2012

6 hours ago, Aim Here said:

Without Sturgeon's intervention Third Lanark, Clydebank, Airdrieonians, Gretna and Rangers have all dropped off their perches, although four of them have been reinvented and are back in one guise or another and at one level or another. Who needs government, club owners are quite capable of wrecking their own clubs, no assistance needed.

Edited by AlbionMan

3 hours ago, gogsy said:

I've known Joel for nearly 10 years, back from the days when he was a regular poster on here, so I am a bit biased, but I don't really see what you're getting at here. The former Hearts manager going on national radio to hit out at the SPFL/SFA and other clubs is clearly a valid news story for an Edinburgh-based newspaper.

He's not really a BBC employee at all - his job is as a journalist for the Scotsman/Evening News, and he then also works on a TV show which is broadcast by the BBC, but isn't produced by them. It's also true that he's a Hearts fan, but he's hardly unwilling to be critical of his own club in his articles, on TV or in podcasts.

7 hours ago, Aim Here said:

I do use Twitter, and did point out to him that Abercorn, King's Park, St Bernard's and Leith Athletic were all either directly or indirectly victims of World Wars too.

I believe Glasgow Live's attempt to connect every person in the Scotland squad (announced today to play Israel) to the OF belongs in here..

RKXqPY0.png

(Edit: click on the image to get a bit of zoom)

Edited by Ric

13 minutes ago, Ric said:

I believe Glasgow Live's attempt to connect every person in the Scotland squad (announced today to play Israel) to the OF belongs in here..

RKXqPY0.png

(Edit: click on the image to get a bit of zoom)

Did you notice who the credited author on the article was?

Spoiler

It was Old Firm Facts, which suggests it may not have been a serious article

5 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Did you notice who the credited author on the article was?

Nope, I mean it's obviously not a serious article but it just plays into the shitty OF banter. Remember this is a website that has their Sport section divided into Rangers, Celtic and Other Sports.

4 minutes ago, Ric said:

Nope, I mean it's obviously not a serious article but it just plays into the shitty OF banter. Remember this is a website that has their Sport section divided into Rangers, Celtic and Other Sports.

This post plays into shitty OF banter as much as the line-up, which is obviously a joke.

It's all piss take with that.
Earlier in the week the sun or the record ( I don't care which) had announced a squad with the words celtic target and not motherwell player.
So it's a topical piss take to point out the extreme lengths they go to (check mctominay).

25 minutes ago, weirdcal said:

It's all piss take with that.
Earlier in the week the sun or the record ( I don't care which) had announced a squad with the words celtic target and not motherwell player.
So it's a topical piss take to point out the extreme lengths they go to (check mctominay).

and Dykes and McBurnie.