The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

38 minutes ago, resk said:

What does that even mean?  If they win League 1 or the playoffs then they will play in the Championship and they would deserve to be there, like the numerous other teams that have been promoted to or relegated to that division.  What is it specifically that you expect them (or any other club for that matter) to "bring"?  

Fans. The answer here is always "fans", as some folk have a weird fixation on how many fans a team will bring.

What does that even mean?  If they win League 1 or the playoffs then they will play in the Championship and they would deserve to be there, like the numerous other teams that have been promoted to or relegated to that division.  What is it specifically that you expect them (or any other club for that matter) to "bring"?  

Of course they will deserve to be there. I didn’t say they wouldn’t. However like Gretna they will not add much to the division. At least Gretna had a proper ground

Fans. The answer here is always "fans", as some folk have a weird fixation on how many fans a team will bring.

Given that it’s fans that make the game I’d hardly say it’s weird to think that having a team with virtually no fans in your second tier because they are being financially doped is not particularly beneficial

On 17/02/2022 at 18:08, Clown Job said:

Bit of nostalgia looking through this thread, but I did love the old SFL sleeve badges they used to wear 

DA689224-863D-4203-A7CF-E9FEF79FF7CC.png

3C5E7060-A959-495D-9C4A-3545D9D41A76.jpeg

7A78FDB9-1617-4688-B414-182433A9F66F.jpeg

00E7D27E-8444-43B7-91EB-EBCEC5D7F168.jpeg

Brings back memories of the old Panini sticker books and the shiny badges. Those were the logos used when I first started watching football, they should modernise that design for a future re-branding. 

In Home Economics in second year at high school, we had to felt something. My design was the SFL logo. It was actually a pretty decent effort.

Also, in English in first year of high school, we had to do a solo talk on someone we admired. I took in a Panini sticker of Gerry Britton and did my talk on him (he was playing for us at the time).

4 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

...we had to felt something.

Kenneth incoming!

4 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

In Home Economics in second year at high school...

Shit! Abort, abort!!!

Edited by BFTD

23 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Also, in English in first year of high school, we had to do a solo talk on someone we admired. I took in a Panini sticker of Gerry Britton and did my talk on him (he was playing for us at the time).

I did mine on Brian Deasley, which I'd basically made up the night before. There was a lassie in the front row of the class called Misha who kept correcting me on stuff. I thought she was just being a bitch (she was) but it turned out she was actually related to him and I was wrong about basically everything I'd said.

Still not over it tbh.

40 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

Brings back memories of the old Panini sticker books and the shiny badges. Those were the logos used when I first started watching football, they should modernise that design for a future re-branding. 

Or see if football can possibly function without players sporting superfluous wee logos on their sleeves, as was the case throughout most of the history of the game.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

3 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Or see if football can possibly function without players sporting superfluous we logos on their sleeves, as was the case throughout most of the history of the game.

Yes, or you could do that. I’m sure it would function in the exact same manner that it currently does though.

In the grand scheme of things, it’s really the most inoffensive of gestures I can think of. It’s the sort of thing that people remember from certain eras of the game and jogs peoples memories. 

11 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

I did mine on Brian Deasley, which I'd basically made up the night before. There was a lassie in the front row of the class called Misha who kept correcting me on stuff. I thought she was just being a bitch (she was) but it turned out she was actually related to him and I was wrong about basically everything I'd said.

Still not over it tbh.

Fucking Misha.

11 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Is Home Economics cooking and stuff?

Yes. This came under 'stuff'.

We also made beans on toast once.

5 hours ago, Nowhereman said:

You say you might see Cove in the Championship as if it’s a good thing. Cove will bring absolutely nothing to the Championship

It'll bring an extra convenient away game for me to attend. 

If Peterhead could have some of that financial doping that would be just dandy.

Guest Wieghortsnut
38 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

Still not over it tbh.

I once did the UK garage dance from soccer am with him in jacques down the ferry

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Or see if football can possibly function without players sporting superfluous wee logos on their sleeves, as was the case throughout most of the history of the game.

To find a way to get annoyed with sleeve patches is truly impressive 

Well done 

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

You're possibly the most miserable c**t on this whole fucking board.

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

In Home Economics in second year at high school, we had to felt something. My design was the SFL logo. It was actually a pretty decent effort.

For some unknown reason, its a Dunfermline player that I can still remember vividly to this day from those old Panini sticker books. Hamish French was his name, and from memory he stuck out because he looked about 50 years old. 

1 minute ago, IrishBhoy said:

For some unknown reason, its a Dunfermline player that I can still remember vividly to this day from those old Panini sticker books. Hamish French was his name, and from memory he stuck out because he looked about 50 years old. 

That's 'Hamish French My Lord' to you!