The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

12 hours ago, Nowhereman said:

I’m all for the pyramid and agree that it could give existing spfl clubs a boot up the backside. I’m not so keen on clubs being financially doped a la Gretna

I get where you are coming from, but in reality if we ever want to break the monotony of the same 17 or 18 teams rotating around the top two divisions like we have for my lifetime, then it will require teams to have some money injected to persuade semi-decent full time or the better part time players to play for them. If teams do it right over a 7 or 8 year period they can then look to be self sufficient at that higher level. Its the same if we ever want someone to legitimately challenge the Old Firm, realistically it'll need a huge financial outlay from someone to make it happen.

Arbroath are hopefully going to be the exception to that, but the reality is that once Dick Campbell and a few of their better players leave, they'll likely drop significantly performance wise.

On 20/02/2022 at 16:01, IrishBhoy said:

That’s surprising that he couldn’t pronounce a Celtic players name correctly, he could tell you what the Celtic Under 13s left back had for lunch 6 weeks ago. 

"The big lad at the back had a slice of Shepherd's Pie and a wheen of chips, followed by fruit salad and ice cream for his lunch 6 weeks ago, washed down by a glass of Iron Brew."

Edited by Jacksgranda

5 hours ago, IDoNotKnowThisOne said:

Did see that Maurice Ross thing on the BBC page. 

They give time to any gype who's loosely associated with either of the OF. 

Maurice fuckin Ross 😂

FFS

The man's a dick. Although I better be careful as he may end up at St Mirren given the Motherwell connection.. ;)

However Ross made some serious allegations surrounding our covid infections. Being a well known doctor and having access to the SFA request clearly helps his case of course. Karma had our back though as just months later he was sacked for insulting the players at the club he was at. I believe there is more to that, but as I don't know for sure, I'll hold back.

Edited by Ric

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

The mention of Henrik Larsson holding the record should surely make it very obvious to you that it's the entire history of the competition under its various names?

Absolutely this - I take your point as I ken fine what they meant.  It may be pedantic but that is not what was written, which is quite specific. And to be fair, it is a different competition organised around a very changed format and a new title. I'll allow that the BBC, where this text originates, tried to be succinct using only 2 lines.

With just over two months of the Scottish Premiership season left, and certain narratives appearing all but sewn up, the race for Europe is more closely contested than ever

This is the start of an article on the BBC Scotland website tonight. Not sure which "certain narratives" appear to be all but sewn up. I'll concede that third place is all but sewn up,  but that would be "narrative".

Full football fixture card tonight, and the top story on BBC Sport Scotland is this pish ? A fucking reserve derby to be played in Australia in 6 months.

No doubt the BBC will send Kenny McIntyre and Pat Bonner to cover it - in the interests of balance.

image.thumb.png.36c3a8fbdf1b7ad6b85998d6c0a5e5cd.png

1 hour ago, Leith Green said:

Full football fixture card tonight, and the top story on BBC Sport Scotland is this pish ? A fucking reserve derby to be played in Australia in 6 months.

No doubt the BBC will send Kenny McIntyre and Pat Bonner to cover it - in the interests of balance.

image.thumb.png.36c3a8fbdf1b7ad6b85998d6c0a5e5cd.png

It’s HISTORIC