Michelle Mone (again)

~~~

46 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

I'm hoping that David Conn at The Guardian and other journos who have been working on this for years have plenty of evidence that's being held back atm. The schadenfreude at seeing Mone & Barrowman being taken down would be off the charts.

Unfortunately, threatening to sue based on allegations that something is false, yet it is actually true, doesn't seem to be illegal. Dan Neidle reported her solicitors on the basis that it ought to have been clear the allegations were actually true, and that the threat was a SLAPP. Whether anything actually happens remains to be seen (probably not). 

However, hiding the company's true ownership is illegal. Which is what it appears she and her husband have done. 

Edited by Michael W

3 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

Mone might well be thick as two short planks but I doubt her legal team is. This looks to be a carefully plotted media "campaign" by them which obviously the lawyers think must be in their best interests. A lot is going to depend on other people within the govt "food chain" basically admitting to what appears outwardly to be obvious corruption within those processes. These are Tories we are talking about and I for one would be stunned to see Mone and her man anywhere near a Court never mind convicted despite how unpalatable that may be.

Whilst I fundamentally agree with this, I think that once the Tories are ejected from Government the dam may begin to burst.  It is much easier to employ the full panoply of Government machinery to close down inquiry and accusation when in office, and conversely much more difficult for habitual liars like Gove to dominate the agenda when out of it.

Paradoxically though it may be Starmer who proves the biggest barrier to bringing the criminal and corrupt of the Covid times to account, on the grounds that he won't wish to inflame the attack dogs of the right-wing media by pursuing the guilty.  That however may not save the Barrowmans as they may become the sacrificial offering to close the story down.

1 hour ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Whilst I fundamentally agree with this, I think that once the Tories are ejected from Government the dam may begin to burst.  It is much easier to employ the full panoply of Government machinery to close down inquiry and accusation when in office, and conversely much more difficult for habitual liars like Gove to dominate the agenda when out of it.

Paradoxically though it may be Starmer who proves the biggest barrier to bringing the criminal and corrupt of the Covid times to account, on the grounds that he won't wish to inflame the attack dogs of the right-wing media by pursuing the guilty.  That however may not save the Barrowmans as they may become the sacrificial offering to close the story down.

Unfortunately, incoming governments have a tendency to turn a blind eye in the hope that they'll receive the same treatment for the crimes they're going to commit due to lack of evidence, statute of limitations, wooly memories, deaths of key witnesses, people just want to move on from this unfortunate episode, etc.

Certainly not going to be listening to any of Moan's whining, but if she hasn't been pointing out that troughing was standard government behaviour during COVID, that's a pretty good indicator that she still feels protected.

"It's not a crime" to lie.  aye, Fred West should have lied more and he may just have got away with it.

What a horrible cow she is.....like many others i think this orchestrated media campaign is to paint her as the victim (just most victims dont end up £60m richer) 

Why did Kuennesburg travel to see her?  Surely should have gone to London / Manchester for the interview - dont feel comfortable having the public purse pay for this pish. Does Isle of Man keep her safe from UK prosecution?

I’m still unsure on the take as to how Barrowman and his wife, both domiciled in the Isle of Man - presumably for tax reasons - having won such a profitable HMG contract and then won’t pay UK tax, are still so fêted in this country. 

Hound the c***s to f**k I’m sure Venezuela is lovely. Let them stay there. 

17 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I think she genuinely is stupid.

The arguments she was attempting to construct in the interview were laughable.

I've not watched it yet. I'm not a lawyer or an accountant and don't think I'm that clever, but I knew any sentient being would be able to spit peas through her story.

"I might not benefit from the £29m in a tax free offshore trust unless my chubby husband dies" isnt really the kind of defence that will play well with most of the public.

Paraphrasing Kevin Keegan, I would love to be part of the jury that convicts this horrible boot and sends her to a 6 x 8 jail cell.

3 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

"I might not benefit from the £29m in a tax free offshore trust unless my chubby husband dies" isnt really the kind of defence that will play well with most of the public.

Paraphrasing Kevin Keegan, I would love to be part of the jury that convicts this horrible boot and sends her to a 6 x 8 jail cell.

The only reason it went into a trust is to stop the daft boot from blowing the lot on prosecco and shoes.

2 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

This clip sums her up perfectly. Being utterly thick, topped up with the arrogant "Why's that wrong Richard?"

She was on a celebrity version of The Apprentice many moons ago and I remember watching it at the time and being rather surprised at how utterly shite she was on it.

Edited by Ned Nederlander

14 hours ago, alta-pete said:

I’m still unsure on the take as to how Barrowman and his wife, both domiciled in the Isle of Man - presumably for tax reasons - having won such a profitable HMG contract and then won’t pay UK tax, are still so fêted in this country. 

They claimed they moved to the IoM because it's quiet and they like that apparently, nothing to do with tax reasons. 🤡

Sure, because there are no remote, quiet, places anywhere in Scotland (or England/Wales if they don't want to be in Scotland)...

58 minutes ago, Marten said:

They claimed they moved to the IoM because it's quiet and they like that apparently, nothing to do with tax reasons. 🤡

Sure, because there are no remote, quiet, places anywhere in Scotland (or England/Wales if they don't want to be in Scotland)...

15 hours ago, alta-pete said:

As a member of the House of Lords, Michelle Mone cannot become non-resident in the UK for tax purposes. Perhaps she has another problem brewing...

Another member of the HoL recently found this out the hard way. And, yes, it is exactly the one you thought of. 

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/lord-sugar-tried-dodge-186m-104223403.html