Armageddon........next Wednesday

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Woohoo it's Thursday.

I'm selling my old 2012 copies of I survived the Armageddon T shirts if anyone wants 1?

Seeing has I've now renounced my new found religion, I'll swap you a burka for one, Gaz? Deal or no deal.

Grimbo

Ps also for sale 1 camel very low emissions compared to your average VW.

"There was the occasion he'd promised to make fire fall from Heaven. The church had been packed. At the psychological moment the priest had mounted the pulpit and called loudly "I command fire to fall from heaven!"

A painful silence followed. The priest seemed uneasy.

He repeated his invocation much louder- "I COMMAND FIRE TO FALL FROM HEAVEN!"

The sibilant voice of the verger came wafting hysterically from the loft..

"Just a minute, Father, the cat's pissed on the matches!"

- "Puckoon" Spike Milligan.

Oh well, who's up for the next one then?

"There was the occasion he'd promised to make fire fall from Heaven. The church had been packed. At the psychological moment the priest had mounted the pulpit and called loudly "I command fire to fall from heaven!"

A painful silence followed. The priest seemed uneasy.

He repeated his invocation much louder- "I COMMAND FIRE TO FALL FROM HEAVEN!"

The sibilant voice of the verger came wafting hysterically from the loft..

"Just a minute, Father, the cat's pissed on the matches!"

- "Puckoon" Spike Milligan.

Oh well, who's up for the next one then?

I cried out Puckoon after line 2.

Last week when I went down to Galashiels on the new/old railway line, on the way back to the train we went in the charity shop on the corner before the bridge back to the interchange. I picked up Hitler my part in his downfall in hardback for £1.50 & pished mysides laughing all the way back to the Capital. I've lost all my books but the Milligans are my biggest upset.

Grimbo

So when is the next one due? The 2012 and 2015 events have been poor efforts tbh.

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/List_of_predictions_of_the_end_of_the_world

21st century

• 2005-2026: William Strauss and Neil Howe: A crisis period in the U.S. comparable in effect to the American Revolution, Civil War, and Great Depression/WWII.[25]
  • 2007: Hal Lindsey: Second Coming.
  • 2007: Pat Robertson: Great Tribulation.
  • 2008: Ronald Weinland: Start of the final years of Man's rule on Earth.
  • 2008 - whenever she dies: Sarah Palin: believes she is of the "Final Generation" and will see the End Times during her lifetime.[citation needed]
  • 2008 - whenever it shuts down: The Large Hadron Collider will destroy the world with black holes, strangelets or something similarly scary and sciencey.[26] (You can keep up to date with whether this has happened yet here.[27])
  • 2009: David Wilkerson: Earth-shattering calamity engulfing the whole megaplex, including areas of New Jersey and Connecticut. Major cities all across America experiencing riots and blazing fires.[28]
  • 2011: Harold Camping tries again: Third Second coming/rapture. May 21st, to be precise.[29] He put up billboards![30] Later postponed to October 21st, but again nothing came of it. Camping will hold on to the money people sent him for the time being or for good,[31] though followers were encouraged to drain their savings for Camping's campaign funds and many are deeply disappointed.[32]
  • 2012: But of course! Un-naturally failed apocalypse, NASA pushed away space rock expected to hit in series of attempts to bombard asteroids in previous years.[33] (They even did this to the moon!) The following trail fell to/passed Earth in early 2013.[34];)
  • 2013: 2012 was just a warm up, the real bad stuff starts 2013 or something and it seems Isaac Newton predicted it.[35]
  • 2014 (February 22nd) Ragnarok The end of the present world according to Norse mythology.[36]
  • 2014: World War III, resurrected Nostradamus prophecy of a fire in the North for the reference of the end of the age of the fifth sun,[37] believed to be a specific Northern region of a country, current speculation is North Korea, as relative to the resolution of a Pope prediction.[38] Oh, and the Rapture. [39] And a giant asteroid hitting the Caribbean.[40]
  • between April 2014 and October 2015: A tetrad of lunar eclipses (or blood moons) will signal the start of the end times, according to megachurch pastor John Hagee. [41]
  • Unspecified time during the reign of Pope Francis, the pope succeeding Benedict XVI. Mediaeval Saint Malachy supposedly predicted Peter the Roman (Petrus Romanus) would be the last pope, Rome would be destroyed and a terrible judge would judge his people, The end.[42] Doomsayers have already started shoehorning the new pope into the prediction.[43]
  • 2015: September 23rd (some references give a margin of September 18th to September 25th) Asteroid. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiUrevq2Ko0
  • 2016: Tom Wattkins[44]: He had a vision of the Great tribulation claiming to have met the beast of revelation, etc. Turns out the same day is a solar eclipse.[45], though of course he'll mention that.[46]
  • 2017: Various Christians: We'll be chipped, and the Great Tribulation begins.[47]
  • 2018: Hal Lindsey: Second Coming.
  • 2028: Fred Clark: A tongue-in-cheek offer guaranteeing 15 years of Bible-prophecy hucksterism for four easy payments of $39.99.[48]
  • 2030: Approximate date of a mass extinction event predicted by Bob Geldof. Myles Allen, of Oxford University claims "Competing hyperbole" are unhelpful in understanding real climate change. [49]
  • 2035: Asteroid.[50]
  • 2036: More asteroids.[51]
  • 2037: Hal Lindsey: Third Coming.
  • 2038: Deterioration of the fundamental older technology that still underlies the most crucial systems today.[52]
  • 2039: End of life, the universe and everything. Also known as the Ascension.
  • 2040: Even more asteroids.[53]
  • 2041: March 35th (sic) Yet more asteroids. [54

What with those damned asteroids and the Great Tribulation, I don't know how people can sleep at night.

I used to suffer far they asteroids but my GP prescribed some creams & they are all gone now.

Never had the great tribs like but sure Irn Bru & leaving yer windaes open should clear that up?

You want cringeworthy yous are gonnae gerrit.

Grumbae

I cried out Puckoon after line 2.

Last week when I went down to Galashiels on the new/old railway line, on the way back to the train we went in the charity shop on the corner before the bridge back to the interchange. I picked up Hitler my part in his downfall in hardback for £1.50 & pished mysides laughing all the way back to the Capital. I've lost all my books but the Milligans are my biggest upset.

Grimbo

Hate to tell you this, Grimbles, but we had seven or eight hardback Spike Milligan originals in the shop a few weeks ago.

I know we've sold 'Hitler: my part in his downfall', but we might still have the others if you want me to take a look.

Hate to tell you this, Grimbles, but we had seven or eight hardback Spike Milligan originals in the shop a few weeks ago.

I know we've sold 'Hitler: my part in his downfall', but we might still have the others if you want me to take a look.

I'll PM you Tabsy, I don't want to threaten my hard man persona be admitting to being a geeky bookworm type.

Grimbo

Just to be clear to everyone, Grimbo definitely didn't just PM me about the Spike Milligan books and also ask me to look out some Mills & Boon to restart his collection :ph34r:

Archived