Getting IDed for carryouts.

Of course, when you're in your mid-twenties and early thirties, it's gratifying. Perhaps I really do look as if I'm under eighteen.

But when you're only a grey baw-hair away from turning 40 and the specky-wee pluke behind the counter demands photo ID before you can purchase a bottle of Chateauneuf du Pape*, you know he's either thick-as-pigshit or ripping the piss out of you.

And additional kudos to the Tesco employee who some months ago demanded some ID before I bought my 2 tins of Sweetheart Stout and half a bottle of High Commissioner**. Upon presenting my driving licence, he informed me that it expired several months previously and he couldn't accept it.

* not my actual purchase

** not my actual purchase either

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

Getting IDed for carryouts.

Of course, when you're in your mid-twenties and early thirties, it's gratifying. Perhaps I really do look as if I'm under eighteen.

But when you're only a grey baw-hair away from turning 40 and the specky-wee pluke behind the counter demands photo ID before you can purchase a bottle of Chateauneuf du Pape*, you know he's either thick-as-pigshit or ripping the piss out of you.

And additional kudos to the Tesco employee who some months ago demanded some ID before I bought my 2 tins of Sweetheart Stout and half a bottle of High Commissioner**. Upon presenting my driving licence, he informed me that it expired several months previously and he couldn't accept it.

* not my actual purchase

** not my actual purchase either

I recall having an argument with a guy in a grocers shop insisting that I be served and that I was eighteen, after two or three minutes minutes of getting irate with the guy, he burst out laughing and said 'the reason I can't serve you is beacause it's Sunday'

** not my actual purchase - it was actually white spirit and a bottle of Kia-Ora.

Did you point out that the licence may have expired, but you had not? :lol:

I feel I must clarify my Superdry visit somewhat. I was in the shopping centre with the bairn (mine, not a random), and she spotted what she called a "Japanese coat" that she wanted to see. Hence my interaction with said shopcunt.

Some things are best left unexplained.

If someone could put pics up of Brucies Anthea, I'd be obliged like

^^^

If we knew how to do that we'd be done for being imposters on this thread ya senior auld c**t.

Good game she was though eh.

Grimbo

:lol:

I'm old enough to remember the following.

Carol Smillie on Wheel of Fortune.

Jet from Gladiators.

Annalise from Neighbours

Teri Hatcher in the New Adventures of Superman

Women were just hotter in the 90s than they are now.

I've dealt with another lady ex Gladiator through work. Fine woman.

Also, John Anderson (the ref) used to live down the street from my (then) girlfriend. His big dog used to try and anally rape my girlfriend's smaller male dog. The dog paid no attention to his whistle so he'd end up chasing and booting his dog. Dunfermline was pretty showbiz.

^^^

If we knew how to do that we'd be done for being imposters on this thread ya senior auld c**t.

Good game she was though eh.

Grimbo

you used tae have to pit a cushion over ma lap when he said "give us a twirl" fine wunch she was, her and Debbie McGee

you used tae have to pit a cushion over ma lap when he said "give us a twirl" fine wunch she was, her and Debbie McGee

The lovely Debbie Magee. What was her off Magpie called, Jenny something. I never had a w**k over Valerie from Blue Peter. I blame my poor eyesight on Magpie.

Grimbo

I recall having an argument with a guy in a grocers shop insisting that I be served and that I was eighteen, after two or three minutes minutes of getting irate with the guy, he burst out laughing and said 'the reason I can't serve you is beacause it's Sunday'

^^

So sozzled he didn't even know what day it was.