Sakes. I know I need new glasses

That reminds me of another moaning-face-auld-duffer complaint I have. Last time I was in getting my eyes tested, I confided in the optician that I'm starting to notice problems driving at night. His response "Yes, that's just your age."

That fucker's parents spent thousands sending him to eye-doctor school and that's the best advice he can give me?

Just f**k off.

About 1987 my dad got a new car (Nissan Bluebird) and it had electric windows. Electric windows! Unbelievable. Nothing will ever amaze me more than that day.

I was about 14 or so and I brought all my mates round to show them, pressed the button, made the windows go up and down and every one of them said the same thing "That's not your dad's car" and I said it "It is! It Is!" and they said "No fucking way does your dad have a car with electric windows, get to f**k!" and I said "He does! He does!".

Incredible times.

Everything is shite now.

I hope it had the wee vent at the back for no apparent reason?

SOTW_NissanBluebird_03.jpg

I don't like the fact that there's now THREE separate threads in moaning-about-the-way-things-are threads in General Nonsense. This thread, the "Petty things that get on your nerves" thread AND "First-world problems".

Back in my day, we were lucky to have one.

I don't like the fact that there's now THREE separate threads in moaning-about-the-way-things-are threads in General Nonsense. This thread, the "Petty things that get on your nerves" thread AND "First-world problems".

Back in my day, we were lucky to have one.

Yes - the letters page of the Sunday Post

As a quadragenarion (or whatever) I concur. Walked into Superdry the other day, some shopcunt comes up to me and says "Hi Mate, can I help you".

About turn and retreat.

Wait, you voluntarily walked into an outfitters that print their product logo on random parts of their garments, IE the back of the right shoulder. You ,young man can f**k off back to your three colour rice world.

As a quadragenarion (or whatever) I concur. Walked into Superdry the other day, some shopcunt comes up to me and says "Hi Mate, can I help you".

About turn and retreat.

Shopcunts in general. If I want help from a shopcunt I'll fucking ask for help from a shopcunt. Except, when I do find what I want and need a shopcunt to go and get it for me, where do all the shopcunts go to hide? I'm looking at you PC World/Currys shopcunt!!

On a brighter note, I like the word "shopcunt" and I shall endeavour to use it at every opportunity. Thank you Moz, M8

Anyone else remember tinfoil hat wearers going on about the mandatory seatbelt laws being some sort of government plot? I don't remember what it was supposed to be about, but I definitely remember some fists being waved at the sky over that one.

I do remember being in a car with a friend when his dad was driving and being asked (by both) why I put my seatbelt on. Was a bit surprised to be asked, but they made sure I knew that, if the car crashed and burst into flames, I'd be unable to get out because I wouldn't be able to undo my belt for some reason, and nobody would be able to cut through it (for some reason) :1eye

I figured they wouldn't be able to help because I'd be covered in scrambled bits of them.