Dundee United v Motherwell

Guest Bushel o' Bricks

Was that the 4-0 game? That is up there as one of the best away performances i've seen at Fir Park over the last 10/15 years. There's that, and a 6-1 loss to Hibs, circa 2006, when they had a side full of young Scottish talent.

You never want to see your team rolled over but that Utd performance was one you just had to sit and watch.

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You never want to see your team rolled over but that Utd performance was one you just had to sit and watch.

We sit and watch our performances with " the scream" expression these days. As someone else said we contrive to lose games. If we have any chance at all then that must stop and we must win this. That simple.

I think we can win as there have been some improvements recently.

3-2

We sit and watch our performances with " the scream" expression these days. As someone else said we contrive to lose games. If we have any chance at all then that must stop and we must win this. That simple.

I think we can win as there have been some improvements recently.

3-2

Some non Arabs may question this but it's true. The last few games I've come away thinking 'we could have won this', I can't remember a game under McNamara since the third quarter of last season where I've thought the same.

We are certainly a more compact team than we have been for a few years and we don't look like get turned over as much any more - but we are still susceptible to the soft goal and that is what would worry me most about Sat's game. If we can score first, I think we'll take the shree points but we shouldn't give Utd any encouragement as they have seem to have been unlucky as much as shite recently....

We are certainly a more compact team than we have been for a few years and we don't look like get turned over as much any more - but we are still susceptible to the soft goal and that is what would worry me most about Sat's game. If we can score first, I think we'll take the shree points but we shouldn't give Utd any encouragement as they have seem to have been unlucky as much as shite recently....

It's a bit mealy mouthed, but aye we haven't had much luck recently. Agree with Danger, I'm fairly heartened by Mixu's influence so far, save for results obviously.

Some non Arabs may question this but it's true. The last few games I've come away thinking 'we could have won this', I can't remember a game under McNamara since the third quarter of last season where I've thought the same.

I'd go so far as to say, 'how the f**k did we not win this' for the last three home games. 13 (thirteen) shots on target against Thistle's 1. FFS. That's enough to win 3 or 4 games (or 13 games if you're playing against United).

We played St Mirren twice last season through there where they absolutely battered us - missed chance after chances, some of them absolutely unbelievable misses before we suckered them late on and nicked both matches. In the second game they were even 1-0 up at half-time and were denied a decent pen shout - we scored 2 horrible, scrappy goals and won it 2-1. It seemed to be happening in most home games to them. I remember walking away from that game thinking "if that's the luck they are getting every week then they are f*****". Seems to be similar for United this season.

As people have said, about the only positives we can take is that we have had some bad luck in losing games although that has been offset by some horrendous individual errors by players who arent being dropped.

At least some of the players, with a couple of notable exceptions, look like they give a f**k. We would already be gone if we were losing games like Hibs under Butcher.

I will still hold some optimism until we are mathematically down. 2-1 United with Mackay and Erskine getting the goals. Durnan to gift Motherwell some sort of goal.

I'd go so far as to say, 'how the f**k did we not win this' for the last three home games. 13 (thirteen) shots on target against Thistle's 1. FFS. That's enough to win 3 or 4 games (or 13 games if you're playing against United).

It was 13 shots,not shots on target.

The second half against thistle was more like it. The first made me think mixu is trying to get us to play a style of football that, whilst might be nice in theory, is no use at all for the position we are in.

I think we will win this game but have have thought the about every game since mixu came in.

Reading between the lines the Arabs have been unlucky not to have won their last few games....

But

We have drawn against Hearts, scudded Dundee and won away at Celtic.

Whilst United have improved - by Christ so have we.

I am heading up from in-laws in Crieff. Should take a decent support and expect a close but good game.

Can we just have a deflection off the arse winner for us like every other shit team look like they are getting

It's just fucking bizarre how even when we're playing well enough to get points, and better than the other team, and even considering our relative lack of creativity going forward, we're getting no breaks. Getting an opening in the box, whether from our own open play in the opposition half, own set pieces, or opposition mistakes / deflections, seems an intense struggle. At some point, even mediocre crosses / through balls / corners, reap clear opportunities, but it just doesn't seem to be happening. Rankin's chance and conversion seems the kind of clear opportunity we've just not been able to conjure or happen upon. It's not like we're getting outplayed or run over.

fBQ2JiT.gif

Archived