Dundee United v Motherwell

Guest Bushel o' Bricks

^^^^^^^ Obviously didn't actually go to the game.

I wish that were true but sadly I was there to witness yet another episode in our everlasting series of lose-at-all-costs performances. :( It really doesn't matter how shite the other team are, or how many chances we create, we'll still find a way to chuck it.

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's just fucking bizarre how even when we're playing well enough to get points, and better than the other team, and even considering our relative lack of creativity going forward, we're getting no breaks. Getting an opening in the box, whether from our own open play in the opposition half, own set pieces, or opposition mistakes / deflections, seems an intense struggle. At some point, even mediocre crosses / through balls / corners, reap clear opportunities, but it just doesn't seem to be happening. Rankin's chance and conversion seems the kind of clear opportunity we've just not been able to conjure or happen upon. It's not like we're getting outplayed or run over.

We were saying the same thing earlier in the season, though not necessarily the playing well bit. Take United's win at Fir Park, that game was heading for a 0-0 all day long then your 1st was a sliced clearance into his own net by Laing and 2nd was literally an open goal from a counter with our 'keeper up the park for a corner. Looking at the BBC stats for that game we had more possession and 6 of our 8 attempts at goal were on target.

Our game against Aberdeen, we go 1 up they equalise with a cross that everyone misses and trundles into the bottom corner and a winner from a free kick that sees our 'keeper end up on his arse having collided with our centre half.

I wish that were true but sadly I was there to witness yet another episode in our everlasting series of lose-at-all-costs performances. :( It really doesn't matter how shite the other team are, or how many chances we create, we'll still find a way to chuck it.

Not having a go and Utd were probably the better team over the course of the game but for all that our keeper didn't make a meaningful save until after the 80th minute. The vast majority of the statistical shots on goal were trundlers that even the most myopic keeper could handle with ease.

Your team tends to dominate games without making much in the way of goalscoring chances.

Maybe it's because I'm a glutton for punishment, or maybe it's because I can't wait to get out of this mad hoose for few hours but I'm really looking forward to the game today.

As per usual I am confident of a victory despite all evidence pointing towards another glorious defeat.

I like Motherwell, proper old school football club with good fans, its going to be emotional.

3-1 United; McKay, Morris, Erskine.

Fecking weather!

Don't go to as many away games these days but was planning to go to the Thistle game and today. Both called off.

Now stuck in with the in-laws all day. This was my escape for 5 hours????

No doubt when it is re-scheduled United will have signed more players and less injuries and basically be less pish.....

I am a little angry right now.....

Archived