The joke thread: a thread for camaraderie and hilarity

• 2 weeks later...

"I just can't stop using the stuff," I told the other addicts. "I go through about two bottles a day. Honestly the bathroom looks like Hiroshima sometimes... "

"Sorry to interrupt mate, but I think you're in the wrong room. Talcoholics Anonymous is next door." 

10 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I nicked my karaoke singing style off the late, great Jeremy that's for sure...

Jeremy Hardy couldn't carry a tune in a bucket. But I remember seeing him at the ISIHAC Roadshow at the Festival Theatre (one of Humph's last appearances) when he got 'Pick-up Song' absolutely spot on and jumped about three feet in the air in delight. Got the biggest round of applause of the night, except maybe for the end of the show when they brought on Humph's trumpet and he gave a rousing performance of 'We'll Meet Again'. Sadly, we wouldn't...

12 hours ago, GordonD said:

Jeremy Hardy couldn't carry a tune in a bucket. But I remember seeing him at the ISIHAC Roadshow at the Festival Theatre (one of Humph's last appearances) when he got 'Pick-up Song' absolutely spot on and jumped about three feet in the air in delight. Got the biggest round of applause of the night, except maybe for the end of the show when they brought on Humph's trumpet and he gave a rousing performance of 'We'll Meet Again'. Sadly, we wouldn't...

Jeremy was on the panel one of the times I saw the show live. He approached the mic for One Song to the Tune of Another, and responded to the crowd's pre-emptive giggling by saying "Singing is my life, please don't f**k this up for me"

2 hours ago, scottsdad said:

We had a Sunday League cup tie against a team from the local quarry at the weekend.

We beat them 2-1 on aggregate.

Did anyone beat the goalie with a chip??