The Partick Thistle thread

3 minutes ago, Nizzy said:

My guess...Bannigan signs extension (sure his contract expires this week) or Keown accepts reduced terms.

Surely they wouldn't tease it like that with the strip and the ball etc for a renewal- although I'm not ruling out a Banzo extension being snuck in at the bottom of the article like they did with Ryan Scully (I think) a couple of years ago

I’d be really interested to know the ins and outs of the Coulibaly deal. At the moment there has been nothing official from the Egyptian club side, rumours of statements etc but I haven’t seen anything.

Like others I doubt Partick/the Weirs would pay it off and only bring him in on a one year deal. It just wouldn’t make sense.

The only other thing I can think of, and I don’t know if this is allowed these days as I haven’t heard it mentioned with any big name, is that Coulibaly has sold his rights/contract whatever you want to call it to some dodgy agent. The agent has paid the amount and gets a cut of X % of his wage for the rest of his career.

Brice Ntambwe

Hope he wasn't playing in Monday's reserve game.  On the 9 minutes of highlights the two black guys looked horrendous.

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/signing-news-brice-ntambwe-is-a-jag/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brice_Ntambwe

"Patrick Thistle" on Jagzone... 

Edited by John Lambie

4 minutes ago, John Lambie said:

Brice Ntambwe

Hope he wasn't playing in Monday's reserve game.  On the 9 minutes of highlights the two black guys looked horrendous.

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/signing-news-brice-ntambwe-is-a-jag/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brice_Ntambwe

"Patrick Thistle" on Jagzone... 

Nah, the #4 was Sena from Pollok  as a trialist and #9 was Jordan Kemoe from the U17s.

Obvious suggestion for this dude is Frans has mentioned us to him- "they don't pay much money but you don't have to live within 25 miles of Dundee"

6 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

Like others I doubt Partick/the Weirs would pay it off and only bring him in on a one year deal. It just wouldn’t make sense.

It would be very strange if we hadn't made sure everything checked out first. We've been getting outbid on players all summer by the likes of County and United - to suddenly pay off a huge debt to sign a guy on a one year deal just surely can't have happened.

It would also be very embarrassing if we'd made a big f**k-up with it all, which I'm sure the majority on P&B would enjoy.

Coulibaly posted a video showing documents (apparently) from FIFA stating that he's eligible to play and that Al Ahly owe him bonuses. I can't see why they would, when the guy walked out on them, but it's all a big mess so who knows really.

2 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Nah, the #4 was Sena from Pollok  as a trialist and #9 was Jordan Kemoe from the U17s.

Obvious suggestion for this dude is Frans has mentioned us to him- "they don't pay much money but you don't have to live within 25 miles of Dundee"

Highlights, although very short, showed Sena to lack positional awareness and look unfit.    Kemoe hardly got a touch to be fair to him.    

Fitzpatrick's run and finish was superb. 

This Ntambwe's Wikipedia entry reads like the standard Alan Archibald middle of nowhere signing. A guy who has barely done anything anywhere for years.

Not writing him off. If he's a big bruising DM type then he's exactly what we need.

6 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

No one is claiming the club are obliged to tell us anything. 

I doubt your employer announce you've signed a contract on their website with a photo of you in your work gear telling everyone how long your contract is for so I'm not sure what relevance comparing your standard employee to a football player has.

All new staff on my site are announced in weekly newsletters and anyone joining global expert groups within the company are announced in monthly updates. They don't bother telling everyone about my relocation arrangements though.

I don't get why you care so much about Coulibaly's financial situation. It's obvious we haven't paid it and won't. He wasn't even allowed to train with professional clubs last season, so obviously the situation changed before he signed.

12 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

It would be very strange if we hadn't made sure everything checked out first. We've been getting outbid on players all summer by the likes of County and United - to suddenly pay off a huge debt to sign a guy on a one year deal just surely can't have happened.

It would also be very embarrassing if we'd made a big f**k-up with it all, which I'm sure the majority on P&B would enjoy.

Coulibaly posted a video showing documents (apparently) from FIFA stating that he's eligible to play and that Al Ahly owe him bonuses. I can't see why they would, when the guy walked out on them, but it's all a big mess so who knows really.

Coulibalys mental, thats why. He spent months claiming they'd bullied him into doing religious celebrations before admitting he made it up weeks later when his whole case went to court.

Interesting tidbit which may explain why its only a one year deal, although hes not actually eligible for the "one year card" anyway, so shouldn't be registered. I genuinely can't see how Thistle can play him unless they stump up the million.

Regarding the possibility of issuing a temporary card for Coulibaly, he said, “This usually happens when the dispute is prolonged and the FIFA committees are unable to make a decision within a month or two. A temporary card is issued for a year to preserve the player’s future.

“But in our case, the final penalty has been issued and if the international federation makes a temporary card for him, we will file an urgent complaint to the FIFA players’ affairs committee,” he concluded.

The 23-year-old striker was without a club since fleeing Egypt in 2017. His new club, Partick Thistle are currently seventh in the 10-team Scottish Championship table with three points.