The Partick Thistle thread

2 hours ago, Nightmare said:

Not the biggest fan of the socks. Love the shirt.

2 years of O’Neills now, and they’ve been a big upgrade on Joma so far.

Last season's top was fuckin appalling. If Joma had released that???

Both home and away are very nice. I thought last year's was alright - if I was ranking all of our home efforts since the 2012-13 promotion season I'd go:

1. 2018-19
  2. 2016-17
  3. 2013-14
  4. 2015-16
  5. 2020-21
  6. 2014-15
  7. 2019-20
  8. 2017-18

Home.PNG

Edited by Slacker

23 minutes ago, dave.j said:

I thought last year’s home kit was ok. Not a classic by any means, but a decent all-round kit mainly let down by the weird dripping/broken stripes effect.

I’d agree with Slacker above that the 20/21 home kit was a middle of the pack effort. And the other three from O’Neills have been very nice.

1 hour ago, dave.j said:

Last season's wasn't that appalling, it was not the greatest design granted but there was a clear greater standard in the material. The away one from 20/21 was decent and the 2 for this season look very good (as well as all the other additional merchandise O'Neills have produced over the last year & a bit) - so on the whole O'Neills have been excellent so far in design & quality of material. 

Edited by JagsCG

Both home and away shorts are black, and depending on exactly what Hamiltons kit looks like / whoever is reffing that day, both our tops could clash with them. Maybe we'll still use the navy kit as a third? 
Although I also fully expect there to be a "one off" retro kit for the 23rd October game. 
Hamilton's away kit from last season was predominantly navy so if they do similar this season would be ok I guess, or tell both teams to wear their away kit (I have a vague recollection of this happening when Hamilton had a yellow away top?). Anyway, I would encourage us to wear the excellent away strip at all opportunities

6 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Going on loan to another championship club at 19 years old is descending downwards now?

I'd be more inclined to commend him for going out on loan again and getting proper game time rather than festering away in the reserves at the fud brothers.

Probably down to league 1 Falkirk next

4 hours ago, Slacker said:

Both home and away are very nice. I thought last year's was alright - if I was ranking all of our home efforts since the 2012-13 promotion season I'd go:

1. 2018-19
  2. 2016-17
  3. 2013-14
  4. 2015-16
  5. 2020-21
  6. 2014-15
  7. 2019-20
  8. 2017-18

Home.PNG

For me:

1. 2018/19 (favourite Jags top of my lifetime)
2. 2021/22
3. 2013/14
4. 2020/21
5. 2014/15
6. 2016/17
7. 2012/13
8. 2015/16
9. 2017/18
10. 2019/20 (looked like Albion Rovers, played like Albion Rovers)

2 hours ago, jaggyness said:

I have a vague recollection of this happening when Hamilton had a yellow away top?

We played in our light blue away top in 2015/16 against Motherwell at home when they had a brown away top. You may be thinking of that.

6 minutes ago, tamjag_44 said:

Got this in 2006. Bought by auction at a sportsman's dinner. Never seen before or after....signed commemorative 130 year top.....anyone know anything about it? 

P1030486.JPG

Yes it was produced by the old Partick Thistle 800 club for the 130th anniversary in 2006.

It was never an official strip that was ever worn by the players.  You could buy the top at the old 800 club stall in the ground in 2006

21 minutes ago, Chris_the_rover said:

Charlie reilly has signed for Albion Rovers, are we getting a decent youngster

Airdrie fans might be your best bet since he played more for them the season before. I don't think he looked out his depth against Montrose on the last day of the season but he didn't play enough to form any sort of opinion either way.

McCall mentioned a few times he liked him and thought there was a player in him but McCall says a lot of things.

What were the Thistle happenings on your birthday? Today, we're very pleased to introduce an exciting new aspect to our On This Day home page feature. Updating at midnight daily, this section of the home page will now include births and deaths of all the players and managers, day-by-day. With 1,200 birth dates and 300 death dates now in our extensive database, there's certainly enough to create an interesting daily display. First birthday honours go to George Adams (71) today!

http://www.thethistlearchive.net/

OTD.png

3 hours ago, Chris_the_rover said:

Charlie reilly has signed for Albion Rovers, are we getting a decent youngster

I thought he looked like he had something about him on the few occasions he did play. Still only 19 so has time on his side, hopefully he can develop into a decent player for you. Wish him the best.

22 hours ago, third lanark said:

Yes it was produced by the old Partick Thistle 800 club for the 130th anniversary in 2006.

It was never an official strip that was ever worn by the players.  You could buy the top at the old 800 club stall in the ground in 2006

Cheers third lanark....been following Thistle for 40 years so new it was never worn in anger...didn't know the 800 club connection