The Partick Thistle thread

1 hour ago, JudgeMudge said:

Is this the first time we’ve had to pay VAT on tickets? Can’t remember seeing it before. Bit misleading to say it’s £12 a ticket. 

I think the £2 fee is essentially for posting out the physical ticket. But yeah, a bit misleading labelling it as VAT.

In the unlikely event of them beating Clyde and QoS and marginally less unlikely event of us winning our tie, where the hell are Broomhill playing after their split? Are they still out of Alloa? 

Edit : suppose the potential for another Dumfries away day on a Saturday (assuming away fans allowed by then etc etc) isn't too bad. 

Edited by Fuctifano

2 hours ago, JudgeMudge said:

Is this the first time we’ve had to pay VAT on tickets? Can’t remember seeing it before. Bit misleading to say it’s £12 a ticket. 

The ticket cost is £12 - VAT is included in every ticket. The additional £2(which is labelled as fee) is for delivery of the ticket. 

The layout of how it is presented online is untidy and unhelpful. It's something that is already being addressed for our next game against Dumbarton.

1 hour ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Quite like the fact the SPFL are doing the full route to the final for the Challenge Cup so we can map out who we'll play before losing to Motherwell B anyway.

E5sL-YEWYAYdB2B?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Looking at that draw, we've definitely ended up on the England half of it. 

On paper, I'd make us favourites on that side tbh.

Which means we will no doubt f**k it in the 1st round.

17 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

In the unlikely event of them beating Clyde and QoS and marginally less unlikely event of us winning our tie, where the hell are Broomhill playing after their split? Are they still out of Alloa? 

Edit : suppose the potential for another Dumfries away day on a Saturday (assuming away fans allowed by then etc etc) isn't too bad. 

Are Broomhill BSC ?

On 07/07/2021 at 08:07, Fuctifano said:

Are Thistle the only team in the division that put highlights behind a paywall? 

No, Ayr do too. 

Although it’s currently free although you do need to sign up and log in.  In all honesty they will need to remain free as the service is so bad, nobody would pay for it.

shame really as we used to have a decent highlights package on YouTube.

Edited by Hazbart

6 hours ago, jagsfan57 said:

Are Broomhill BSC ?

From what I've since read, the sports club part weren't happy about not having a ground in Glasgow and their players having no path to the first team so they set up a new BSC and are now in the 9th tier of the pyramid and playing in Springburn (not quite Broomhill but at least in Glasgow). 

The team in the Lowland league have rebranded as Broomhill FC and are still playing out of Alloa. 

Edited by Fuctifano

1 hour ago, Fuctifano said:

From what I've since read, the sports club part weren't happy about not having a ground in Glasgow and their players having no path to the first team so they set up a new BSC and are now in the 9th tier of the pyramid and playing in Springburn (not quite Broomhill but at least in Glasgow). 

The team in the Lowland league have rebranded as Broomhill FC and are still playing out of Alloa. 

Cheers - the clubs seem to  like to change their names in the lowland league

6 hours ago, jagfox BLM said:

Graham Dorrans getting linked....

Probably already have enough midfielders. Good player but genuinely don’t think he stood out a great deal in any the games he played vs us when at Dundee a while back. Probably demand a big wage too. 

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-receive-two-offers-for-teenage-goalkeeper-harry-stone-3234139

“He’s got a good presence, good size, he’s athletic, he comes for the ball and he’s a good communicator. He’s got everything to go to the very top but there are still things that he needs to learn.

“He will gain that with experience. He’s a good shot-stopper, kicks well and I can see a really bright future for the boy.”

The Albion Rovers manager is a fan, so that’s something. At least we’ve got the goalkeeper situation sorted out now. 

12 minutes ago, jaggyness said:

Thought it was supposed to be a senior keeper McCall had spoken about?

Don’t think he ever specifically said it would be a senior keeper. Just that he had one lined up but we’d have to wait a while (presumably until Hearts knew exactly what their keeper situation was going to be).

When it was going to be a loan goalie I was sure it was going to be a young guy, he certainly seems highly rated. I can see him and Sneddon getting 2 league cup games each. 

Also I just checked the SPFL rules and the increased number of loans brought in last season doesn't seem to have been reduced (I'm sure SLJ will correct me if wrong) so we can have up to 6 domestic loans - as well as unlimited from non Scottish clubs-including up to 4 from one club. Would be expecting at least one from Govan. 

Edited by Fuctifano