The Partick Thistle thread

I’d be fine with Sneddon leaving. He’s an average keeper for this level at best. I’d say he’s ever so slightly better than Mitchell but we could do better.

14 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

This is great reading as always TTA - the bolded bits tell a significant story.

Long may your spreadsheets continue to inform and educate us!!

Cheers Barney, there's always something interesting going on with this mental institution of ours!

Looking forward to continuing world football's most bizarre unbroken sequence of double ups and downs... 2 relegations (96, 98), 2 promotions (01, 02), 2 relegations (04, 05), 2 promotions (06, 13), 2 relegations (18, 20) must now be followed by 2 promotions, 2021 and ????

13 hours ago, Reid said:

I’d be fine with Sneddon leaving. He’s an average keeper for this level at best. I’d say he’s ever so slightly better than Mitchell but we could do better.

I like Sneddon and I hope he stays.  I think he's solid, better than average at this level, and improving year on year, and I'd have him in the team before Mitchell, who is also decent.  I also have very little confidence that we'd go out and find a substantially better GK on our very limited budget. 

According to Transfermrkt, Mitchell is under contract for next season while Sneddon isn’t. Their respective contract scenarios might make the decision for us.

I’d have Sneddon ahead of Mitchell, but there’s not a massive difference between them and I’d be ok with either starting next year.

Apologies for a Raith Rovers fan popping into your thread, however thought I’d drop this here before I flog on eBay! 

I am selling off my shirt collection which features Partick’s long sleeve home kit 00-01 in an XL. Drop me a message if interested! 

2DD2BD11-ED43-4537-A8B9-70286C83CDA1.jpeg

The team I'd like most to relegate (of the feasible candidates) but the team I'd least like us to play if we made it that far. Even when they have a shit team we play down to them, the last season they were relegated both the Scottish cup game and the league game where we chucked a 3-1 lead with 5 minutes to go were awful. Not to mention we've lost about 15 cup ties in a row vs them. 

Would probably go County, St J, Killie (strong home record), Dundee Utd in that order of preference, but long way to go before we have to even worry about that. 

On 13/04/2023 at 08:44, jaggyness said:

If we get to the play offs and if we get to the final how would we feel if it's United? Obviously the chance for revenge but I think it would bring back too many traumatic memories

I desperately want to relegate them. That would be gorgeous, but I think if they managed to claw themselves up to 11th they'd have their tails up at the end of the season. What we want is a team who have free-fallen into the playoff spot a la Hibs in 2014. 

39 minutes ago, velo army said:

What we want is a team who have free-fallen into the playoff spot a la Hibs in 2014. 

*waves*

thethistlearchive.net →

:detective:  DOOLAN'S FIRHILL RUNS CONTINUE

● For only the 7th time in history there are 7 players aged 30+ in Thistle's starting eleven. 4 of these elevens have been registered in the last 4 weeks. The club-record (8) was set 2 weeks ago!
● Thistle's opener was their 10th goal without reply in the Championship.
Scott Tiffoney scores his 21st competitive goal for Partick Thistle. He's had 4 goals or assists in the last 3 games.
● After 10 games, Kris Doolan's Jags have yet to concede a first half goal, and it's 11-in-a-row for the club overall. You need to rewind to April 1992 to find a longer run (12).
● After 4 competitive games, Kris Doolan's Jags remain unbeaten at Firhill.
● Thistle go 5 competitive home games without defeat to Ayr United.

ongoing sequences:
● 43 consecutive competitive appearances for Jack McMillan, 9th Jul 2022 to date, a new personal best. (Longest run since: James Penrice - 51 games, 7th Sep 2019 to 10th Apr 2021. Club-record: Johnny Jackson - 313 games, 28th Aug 1926 to 25th Mar 1933.)

3 hours ago, The Thistle Archive said:

thethistlearchive.net →

:detective:  DOOLAN'S FIRHILL RUNS CONTINUE

● For only the 7th time in history there are 7 players aged 30+ in Thistle's starting eleven. 4 of these elevens have been registered in the last 4 weeks. The club-record (8) was set 2 weeks ago!
● Thistle's opener was their 10th goal without reply in the Championship.
Scott Tiffoney scores his 21st competitive goal for Partick Thistle. He's had 4 goals or assists in the last 3 games.
● After 10 games, Kris Doolan's Jags have yet to concede a first half goal, and it's 11-in-a-row for the club overall. You need to rewind to April 1992 to find a longer run (12).
● After 4 competitive games, Kris Doolan's Jags remain unbeaten at Firhill.
● Thistle go 5 competitive home games without defeat to Ayr United.

ongoing sequences:
● 43 consecutive competitive appearances for Jack McMillan, 9th Jul 2022 to date, a new personal best. (Longest run since: James Penrice - 51 games, 7th Sep 2019 to 10th Apr 2021. Club-record: Johnny Jackson - 313 games, 28th Aug 1926 to 25th Mar 1933.)

I am a bit dull. Can you explain the 2nd bullet point, please ?

Maybe the first point is why we seemed so lethargic yesterday.

According to Transfermarkt the following are out of contract: Muirhead, Bannigan, Holt, Smith, Sneddon, Turner, Docherty, Tiffoney, Mullen, Brownlie. As is Hodson with Killie.

The ones ins bold are the only ones worth keeping for me. Although, I reckon we may only get to keep a couple of them. Holt is strongly rumoured to be away and I think a bottom 6 team will take punts of Turner and Tiffoney.

Edited by Reid

4 hours ago, Reid said:

According to Transfermarkt the following are out of contract: Muirhead, Bannigan, Holt, Smith, Sneddon, Turner, Docherty, Tiffoney, Mullen, Brownlie. As is Hodson with Killie.

The ones ins bold are the only ones worth keeping for me. Although, I reckon we may only get to keep a couple of them. Holt is strongly rumoured to be away and I think a bottom 6 team will take punts of Turner and Tiffoney.

Doolan seemingly thinks that players havent signed pre contracts

2 hours ago, ptfc. 22 said:

Doolan seemingly thinks that players havent signed pre contracts

He’s always going to say that. He’ll not come out and say “a couple of players have signed contracts elsewhere” as it will send the rumour mill into overdrive.

Turner and Tiffoney should be in the Premiership next season whether that's with us or not, the rest are all championship level at best. Holt and Sneddon I think will go regardless of how we finish. 

Bannigan is probably here until he retires unless someone makes him a silly offer, Muirhead is worth another year at this level.

Smith needs a fresh start for his own sake, Mullen is probably on a chunky wage for a 3rd choice striker and Graham and Dowds are under contract for next year.