The Partick Thistle thread

10 hours ago, Red Kite said:

My main concern for Diack is that his game-time is managed properly, at this stage.  He looks physically strong, but is still only a teenager.  I am sure we can all list strikers who were over-played, or over-hyped, to the detriment of their later career.  Adeloye should be capable of playing every game and I would like to keep him.  We have a manager who knows what it takes to play up-front so I am keeping patient.

If Diak's any good, someone will be offering us money for him soon enough.

Get him playing to get the most out of him whilst we can, on the pitch and in the bank.

Edited by baba douche

4 hours ago, baba douche said:

If Diak's any good, someone will be offering us money for him soon enough.

Get him playing to get the most out of him whilst we can, on the pitch and in the bank.

I'm probably being over-optimistic that we won"t need to sell him for a while and he is being advised to remain patient.  With his dad being an ex-player, I hope they have some kind of career plan mapped out for him.   We all know money talks, though.

1 hour ago, Red Kite said:

I'm probably being over-optimistic that we won"t need to sell him for a while and he is being advised to remain patient.  With his dad being an ex-player, I hope they have some kind of career plan mapped out for him.   We all know money talks, though.

Who is his Dad? 

Motherwell appear to have approached Hearts to speak with Andy Halliday. Barry Anderson of Edinburgh Evening News credits Livi, Ayr and Hamilton with having made a similar approach to Hearts, but doesn’t mention us. Might well be off our radar now (if he was ever really on it), probably sign for Motherwell in any case. 

With 3 huge cup-ties ahead in the next 9 days for the men, the women and the top youth team (all second favourites) we look back to a glory run in 2010... a poignant tale which puts football into perspective whilst reminding us that favourites don't always win...

... this is the bittersweet story of heartbreak and glory for Kieran Burns and Thistle, and the camaraderie of a fitba' team...

League Cup Glory 2010 →

lcg-4.jpg

Killie fan in the work saying that they've got an injury crisis in midfield and the rumour is that McInroy could be recalled. Although I don't think we've scratched the surface of the player he can be as he's not had a run in the number 10 where hes probably most influential, I'd be sad to see him go

They've been doing really well this season. I don't know enough about women's football, but this seems to be a really important point in its development so I've a feeling this next decade is really important for them, making sure we've got a really good infrastructure in place to attract players.

Some posters would have you jailed for mentioning the women’s team in here.

Genuinely brilliant for them and looks like a good crowd. Hope they can manage it; can’t get much of a better chance than this! That wee paragraph from BG 🥰

Edited by Smurph

13 hours ago, Jacky1990 said:

Hopefully they can kick on an establish us as one of the better womens teams in the country.

I'd argue that we already are. 

Top six finish last season. Well on course to repeat that this season.

Problem now is that there is a massive gap in terms of resources between us and the top three, fully professional, clubs. 

But massive, massive strides have been made. It was ten years ago today that we played our very first fixture, a friendly against what is now Glasgow Women, and we were gubbed. Severely so. 

Now we are in the topflight, top half of that, about to contest our second national cup semi-final and becoming an attractive club for other players to want to join. 

There is a strong argument for us being the best semi-pro women's team in Scotland. And we are still improving on and off the pitch. 

1 hour ago, John MacLean said:

I'd argue that we already are. 

Top six finish last season. Well on course to repeat that this season.

Problem now is that there is a massive gap in terms of resources between us and the top three, fully professional, clubs. 

But massive, massive strides have been made. It was ten years ago today that we played our very first fixture, a friendly against what is now Glasgow Women, and we were gubbed. Severely so. 

Now we are in the topflight, top half of that, about to contest our second national cup semi-final and becoming an attractive club for other players to want to join. 

There is a strong argument for us being the best semi-pro women's team in Scotland. And we are still improving on and off the pitch. 

How much of the team’s recent form down to Brian Graham?

Like most I’ve never been to one of the woman’s games but aiming to go along at some point.

10 minutes ago, Reid said:

Like most I’ve never been to one of the woman’s games but aiming to go along at some point.

Well he’s been the manager for 3 year so probably all down to him?

I don't follow it and feel no current desire to do so, but women's football in unquestionably in the ascendency and, as others have pointed out, our lassies are doing fantastically well. I had a look and was surprised to see that the "women's football" part of the forum is so far down, underneath "other sports" and "youth football".

@Div I think there's a case for including the quines fitba in the SPFL thread. I imagine that more people follow it than read Nutmeg and it can surely be regarded as senior football.

The Jags are doing a huge amount to promote the women's team. My cousin is the match announcer (and highly rated chooser of choons) and is never done tweeting about it (his weans are now ultras too) or texting me every time they're playing Aberdeen away.

Anyway, bit o a ramble, but the vibe around the lassies' team is great and the club have got their marketing spot on.

2 hours ago, Reid said:

He's a massive part of where we are now. 

There was an interview with him on PLZ a month or so ago where he talked about when he took the job he saw it as something to be able to put on his CV, but it's clear that he's developed a real passion for the women's game since then. 

He's demanding of the girls, and the Board, which is entirely appropriate but his 'man' management is tremendous. When we made the step up to SWPL1 there were a number of players who were apprenhsive about making that step up. He was fantastic in terms on instilling the belief into the girls that they were more than capable of being competitive, and beyond, at this level. The proof of that can be seen in the current league position and the top six finish last season. 

The level of professionalism and fitness has improved signficantly. Training three nights a week it's semi-pro in all but wages. The level of comittment of the girls is second to none. We've one player who travels from Carlisle for training. 

One other I want to mention is the phenomenal social media output that Craig Walker is responsible for. It's really helped put the Club on the map and the positive image that it helps present of the Club is a major factor in making Thistle an attractive club to join. 

Look, I could blether and blether about PTWFC. I love it. Everytime the girls pull the Thistle jersey on they do our club proud. The only real way to find out more is to get along and see it for yourself. I've yet to hear anyone come along and go home disappointed. 

Wee thought there - idk if anyone at the club peruses p&b, think one or two connected to the club were on here - but i just popped on to the season tickets bit on the official site.

I know its at a a risk of devaluing the womens tickets if its priced too low, but if it flagged an option to, say, add a womens season ticket on at £X at the point of renewal/new purchase id be more likely to take the club up on it.

Got a wee screenie of where i mean, an option to add a womens team ticket on here in the same seat (the games are all firhill now rather than Petershill?)

Edit: ahh, still Petershill it looks like, but that's terracing i guess? Although imo if the club trial it and theres enough uptake then the womens team could look to use Firhill for matches going forward.

I just remembered we have TJF 😂 ill flag it with them, seeing as we're fan owned.

Screenshot_20240119_194209_Chrome.thumb.jpg.423f07d1d715b0d653cca70fc6388460.jpg

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

There was a discount at the start of the season for a Women’s ST if you already hold a Men’s one.

At Petershill you can usually get a seat if you want one but standing provision also very much available.

Over and above the excellent football and family (and dog) friendly atmosphere can also say the catering is way better than Firhill’s.

2 hours ago, Ad Lib said:

There was a discount at the start of the season for a Women’s ST if you already hold a Men’s one.

At Petershill you can usually get a seat if you want one but standing provision also very much available.

Over and above the excellent football and family (and dog) friendly atmosphere can also say the catering is way better than Firhill’s.

It’s the best stadium catering I’ve come across in Scotland in my entire life.