The Partick Thistle thread

Oh for f**k sake. Steven Craig, are you serious. Fucking mentals.

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

Steven Craig is finished at this level. He was done at this level two years ago.

These.

I mean I appreciate his role in the title winning season (we scored a few goals that just wouldn't have happened if it were any other forward we had up front - one against iirc Airdrie where a long keeper punt out was chested by him, he outmuscled the defender and set up Erskine to score in just a couple of seconds/with just a couple of touches of the ball itself summed up exactly what he could do for us) but there's no doubt that releasing him was the correct call then, and bringing him back would have been a crazy call now.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

If fairness to Steven Craig, his goals to game ratio for Thistle (14 in 30) is better than Kris Doolan's (league games seems to be 67 in 179). I think it's a bit unfair he was never given a chance.

If fairness to Steven Craig, his goals to game ratio for Thistle (14 in 30) is better than Kris Doolan's (league games seems to be 67 in 179). I think it's a bit unfair he was never given a chance.

He scored my favourite ever County goal. Seems like a good guy too. Reckon he'll do a job in the Championship, again. Dumbarton might be a good outside bet there, actually. Lot of old County boys.

Tell Him He's Pele's podcast with John Gemmell is really good. Not much about his time at Thistle but he mentions scoring a hat trick in a bounce game for the reserves v the first team and then Campbell telling him he had no future at the club later that day. :lol:

He also mentioned signing for us over Dundee Utd on the basis we offered a 2 year deal. Not the best example since he was never a Premier League striker but demonstrates how we can compete in the transfer market even if we don't have the biggest budget yet the majority of our squad are out of contract at the end of the season.

Edited by Pie Of The Month

Not the best example since he was never a Premier League striker but demonstrates how we can compete in the transfer market even if we don't have the biggest budget yet the majority of our squad are out of contract at the end of the season.

Which is how Andrew Davies signed for Ross County, despite what rednyella is suggesting on another page: Bradford offered him a pay-as-you-play deal (according to their forum) and Ross County offered a two-year deal with an extra year's option, to a 30 yr old with Seaborne's appearance rate. There's no way on Earth that County offered him the kind of wage he'd get at Bradford.

Edited by bunglebonce