The Partick Thistle thread

Was thinking if Thistle were to go up this year how many players in current squad would be good enough for SPL. Yesterday was disappointing but Queens Park were more clinical on the day same in all the games we have played against them 

Not fussed with that either. Maybe too diminutive to make much of an impact at the moment.

Certainly seemed to try his best but got brushed off the ball easily at times.

Could make an impact in League One of he gets a club that suits.

17 minutes ago, colliedug said:

Thanks for that as I spoke to a few people at the game yesterday and I heard about 4 or 5 different reasons why he wasn't playing not sure what to believe

Club twitter said it was a “slight knock” so hopefully he’s back for Dundee.

I don’t think he’ll go this month. Probably in the summer on the assumption that we don’t go up. 

13 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Club twitter said it was a “slight knock” so hopefully he’s back for Dundee.

I don’t think he’ll go this month. Probably in the summer on the assumption that we don’t go up. 

Hopefully that's the case as he is critical to everything we do down the left hand side especially now that it looks like Tiff will be making continuous progress in getting back into team

44 minutes ago, jagfox said:

Last time we beat either of the cheeks? Probably a lot of our fans weren't born or certainly not going to games.

Last time at Firhill, yeah. We beat Celtic at Hampden the following season but think it's 30 games vs Rangers and 33 vs Celtic since without a win which is probably some kind of record across Scottish football.

Just now, Fuctifano said:

Last time at Firhill, yeah. We beat Celtic at Hampden the following season but think it's 30 games vs Rangers and 33 vs Celtic since without a win which is probably some kind of record across Scottish football.

I remember seeing the goal on ITV National news with the Celtic club crest bylined with Celtic in Crisis.

Our record is pitiful since the Hampden game (should have won the first game there too), certainly must be one of the worst records amongst the full-time teams. I think QoS even beat Rsngers during their journey years.

Just now, jagfox said:

I remember seeing the goal on ITV National news with the Celtic club crest bylined with Celtic in Crisis.

Our record is pitiful since the Hampden game (should have won the first game there too), certainly must be one of the worst records amongst the full-time teams. I think QoS even beat Rsngers during their journey years.

Tbh I always felt that if we drew Rangers in a cup during their lower league years when we were in the Premiership we'd have shat it and lost. Exception might have been if we'd got them under McNamara with our title winning squad. 

12 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Tbh I always felt that if we drew Rangers in a cup during their lower league years when we were in the Premiership we'd have shat it and lost. Exception might have been if we'd got them under McNamara with our title winning squad. 

Yeah, I was gutted when we out to Dunfermline. Fancied seeing us against a premier league team with that side.

3 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Only if we were drawn at home- McNamara’s away record that season is worse than McCall’s this year

Reserves database launched!

It's another big day in our quest to better understand the history of our beloved Partick Thistle Football Club.

The full Partick Thistle reserves database will be spread over all 143 of the active seasons from 1877 to date, and will include almost 4,000 matches. We won't go so deep as to have complex match hubs for each game, but we'll fill the season-by-season pages with lots of good basic information wherever possible, including players and scorers if we can. A results summary table will be included at the footer of every season for your 'at-a-glance' analysis benefit.

For your peace of mind, we've added sources on each match throughout and this should also be helpful for anyone following in our footsteps. We remain wary of missing Saturdays in the first 100 years, and we'd encourage anyone with knowledge of any missing games to please get in touch →

Today, we're publishing up to 1890-91, with the rest of the seasons to follow in due course as time allows. Stand by for hundreds of games you never knew existed against loads of teams you've never heard of!

Match Lists (Reserves) →

reserves.png

Fair few rumours that we'll be getting Weston since Alegria's went back to Rangers. I don't see it myself since McGlynn plays with just one upfront and Weston's a bit diminutive for that role.

What was he like and did he also play out wide for you lot too?

13 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Fair few rumours that we'll be getting Weston since Alegria's went back to Rangers. I don't see it myself since McGlynn plays with just one upfront and Weston's a bit diminutive for that role.

What was he like and did he also play out wide for you lot too?

He never really got a lot of game time for us - I don’t think he got more than 15 minutes in any league games for us.

He did play pretty much exclusively wide for us. As you say, he’s far too lightweight to play up front himself. I think he showed glimpses that there’s something there, but I don’t think he’s ready for championship football regularly. As said, he’s very lightweight so gets brushed off the ball quite easily and I don’t think he’s quite worked out how to get around that yet. I’d have kept him in the squad though because there’s definitely something there.

He wasn’t an active hindrance to the team, so a significant improvement on Juan Alegria for us.