The Partick Thistle thread

Think it would be a good bit less than 400k, they had 37k for the league cup game vs Dundee this season and I'd imagine they'll make tickets quite cheap. Plus the TV fee is much lower than it used to be. Should still be a six figure income though 

12 minutes ago, Mediocre Pundit said:

We’re not going to win it and we’re potentially financially gubbed. Good draw - if on TV and decent crowd probably clear around £400k?

Would doubt it will be as much as that. Not sure what Sevco charge now for admission but with charges for stewards, policing etc I reckon we should get around £200,000 max (including TV) which is superb. They are not a great side but I expect a bit of a horsing but will take that if it helps put the club on a firmer financial footing!

Edited by Sting777

They demanded StJ price the last round at £30 a skull. Fucking cheek if they don’t apply similar pricing at home. Never really understand how the home and away proportions are worked out (away team gets 40% of net income?) and had assumed TV money was around 75k. 

f**k it, still better than losing away to Livvy for f**k all. 

It shakes out at nothing like £500k. The away team receives a proportion of gate receipts after costs.

£200k is much nearer the mark.

Which is definitely not to be sniffed at.

But I would be surprised it if leads to any significant transfer activity.

Read into that what you will.

8 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

It shakes out at nothing like £500k. The away team receives a proportion of gate receipts after costs.

😬

Im hoping it opens up a little leeway at least i.e. if Akinola finds a club we can stretch to at least a short term deal for someone else to come in...

1 hour ago, Barney Rubble said:

No way they will survive penalties.

They have Tavernier (whose bottle shatters in shoot outs) and Barisic and.....................no-one else.

We have Muirhead, Holt, Turner, Dowds, Lawless, Docherty, Sneddon, Milne, Bannigan and more if required.

They have the referee.

I don’t see this having any immediate impact on the budget and I don’t really expect us to now sign anyone else, it’s still a decent payday for the club however. Wonder how many fans we’ll take to Ibrox? The night of Harkins and Damon Gray linking up we had over 3K I’m sure. 

10 hours ago, Ad Lib said:

The cookie jar was empty ?

10 hours ago, Ad Lib said:

Zoiks, that bad, eh?

Sounds like we really needed the money from an arsecheek cup draw, so this came at a good time.

I wonder if/when the wider support will find out just how bad the books were when Low ran away.

2 hours ago, VictorOnopko said:

I wonder if/when the wider support will find out just how bad the books were when Low ran away.

I’m hoping that she’ll eventually be thrown under the bus for the mess she’s responsible for. Ideally that would have happened already, but I guess there must be some other factors in play behind the scenes preventing her being immediately outed as the charlatan most of us already knew she was.

4 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

I’m hoping that she’ll eventually be thrown under the bus for the mess she’s responsible for. Ideally that would have happened already, but I guess there must be some other factors in play behind the scenes preventing her being immediately outed as the charlatan most of us already knew she was.

I would quite like if TJF got David Beattie in for one day only so that he could do it again. I really enjoyed him calling her out the last time she got ousted. 

On 22/01/2023 at 21:24, Ad Lib said:

I'd expect it to be a bit North of £200k. You'll get £24k for live tv (which I'm assuming is a given - I take it hasn't been confirmed anywhere?) I'd expect at least £250k in gate share. You'll get 38% after VAT (costs are irrelevant as such, there's an allowance in the split for costs, which is why the home team gets 57% but that actual itemised cost isn't taken into account).

Depends what the tickets sales are (not the attendance, it's not the same thing) and of course what the prices are. I reckon you'll get nearer £300k than £200k though.

3 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I'd expect it to be a bit North of £200k. You'll get £24k for live tv (which I'm assuming is a given - I take it hasn't been confirmed anywhere?) I'd expect at least £250k in gate share. You'll get 38% after VAT (costs are irrelevant as such, there's an allowance in the split for costs, which is why the home team gets 57% but that actual itemised cost isn't taken into account).

Depends what the tickets sales are (not the attendance, it's not the same thing) and of course what the prices are. I reckon you'll get nearer £300k than £200k though.

believe its on Premier Sports (or The Artist Formerly Known As Premier Sports, think they may have rebranded?)