The Partick Thistle thread

With my ICT-by-marriage hat on, I am delighted that a manager who has just led Patrick Gristle in a match where one of the Dismal Twins got booed off at half-time, and who usually knows what's needed to beat ICT, has been invited to walk the plank.

Yogi for Thistle, please.

13 minutes ago, KirkieRR said:

With my ICT-by-marriage hat on, I am delighted that a manager who has just led Patrick Gristle in a match where one of the Dismal Twins got booed off at half-time, and who usually knows what's needed to beat ICT, has been invited to walk the plank.

Yogi for Thistle, please.

CcDa.gif

Whether the timing is because we didn't want to rock the boat before the game today, or because we wanted to give McCall a bit of a pre-agreed grand finale as a goodwill gesture, doesn't really matter - the last two league results and performaces, on top of other damaging sequences of results earlier in the season, justify the decision.

I didn't come away from the game either thinking that we'd put in a performance that suggested we were ready to turn our season around and grab the league by the bollocks. It was an admirable enough, hard-working effort but it's not unknown for an under-performing squad to raise their game going to Ibrox or Parkhead.

I think we're far more likely to plump for Doolan or Graham in the end than appointing an experienced manager, so it makes sense to rule one of them out or in before the end of the season.

I don't wish McCall any ill will. He took a big risk leaving Ayr to take over the complete basket case that we were and - as brutal as we were to watch at times in League One - he got us back out of it and stabilised us in the middle of the Championship, so his last three years hasn't been completely without merit given what we could have become after Caldwell.

Edited by AMMjag

tbf it maybe got covered on Jagzone, but i found it weird that we didnt have any senior players on the bench against Hamilton apart from Mitchell; i know we have some track record with injuries over the last few years, but to my knowledge there wasnt any explanation given for it either i.e. a flu bug going round. the fact several of those players were back next time out for the Cove game doesnt help either.

might well have be innocent enough, but that happening + Doolan getting involved as an u-18 coach + the timing of McCall, Archie and Scally going today makes me suspect mutiny was afoot among some of the players... or something else has been going on behind the scenes.

Moot now anyway I guess, might legit just be that we're starting on some cost cutting and restructuring the management team accordingly now that we're left scraping for a playoff place at the top/scraping to avoid getting dragged down to the bottom of the table.

We weren't getting much bang for our buck on the pitch out of 3x wages for McCall, Scally and Archie, so it's the right call. The Falkirk game was probably the highlight of their tenure, but that was a good while back now.

Rooting for Doolan to do well while he's in, christ knows if we've already got someone in mind or sounded someone out. We live in interesting times...

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

22 minutes ago, AMMjag said:

Separately; Stephen Craigan is a rat. Yet every time I see him at one of our games, he gets a polite wee clap off the fans - can we stop this please.

*** scum is what he is, doesn't even hide it. Good player for us but that is it.

Was shocked to read McCall had been punted. Is it a simple case of he had taken you as far as he could or is there something happening behind the scenes? 

I don't see you getting a Jack Ross or Jim Goodwin at this stage but you definitely won't get Pressley (isn't he at an EPL academy side?)