The Partick Thistle thread

Just renewed for 308 - did I miss the early bird price?

Also, have they said what's happening around the League Cup games?  I know we've still no idea which ones will be at home, and assume no games will be on the ticket, but wondered if they'd mentioned.

Just renewed for 308 - did I miss the early bird price?

Also, have they said what's happening around the League Cup games? I know we've still no idea which ones will be at home, and assume no games will be on the ticket, but wondered if they'd mentioned.

308 is the early bird price.

1st lc game is under the ST apparently.

308 is the early bird price.

1st lc game is under the ST apparently.

Ah, good news.  Thought I'd missed the early bird.  And good on the league cup game too, at least we get something.  I don't imagine they'll be charging full price for any other games either.

I think it is a random date like the 6 or 19 June that transfers officially start from this year.

Something I heard a while back so I could be spouting shite (again :()?

I think it is a random date like the 6 or 19 June that transfers officially start from this year.

Something I heard a while back so I could be spouting shite (again :()?

I think a lot of contracts in Scotland end at a - what seems to be - strange date, with a lot of English and international contracts ending on the last day of June. Maybe it is a way of cost cutting, if the last month is paid pro rata. Maybe I am also spouting. Edited by bunglebonce

Is it a wages thing with him wanting to be a player/coach rather than just a coach? I've no idea if player-coaches get a better wage for doing 2 jobs or not. 

Surely with a 3rd choice keeper (who if he's still at the level he was previously should be 2nd choice) there'd be no real difference to the club to just tell him he's a player coach if that's what he really wants? 

I think Gallacher wants to be playing semi-regular first team football(if not regular) as he thinks he can still perform at some level. I daresay he could play in the Championship and be pretty decent.

The only thing that would be different in wages, as far as I can see, is if players get bonuses for being unused substitutes. Gall would have been on the bench around 10 times this season which may have been a decent chunk of cash.

My hunch is he'll go somewhere to be number one goalkeeper and continue his other coaching commitments(I think he does training with Alloa and the Thistle Weir Academy).

Is Erskine not officially a thistle player today? Looking forward to seeing him in red and yellow again  :wub:

Yes, 1st of June was when Squiddy returned.

If thats the case, is the new strip not due in the next fortnight?

So possibly see Erskine launch the new kit.

I don't think we'll see the kit launch until the team return for pre-season training simply because players will be away on holiday. The kit was launched on 30th June last season.

I think a lot of contracts in Scotland end at a - what seems to be - strange date, with a lot of English and international contracts ending on the last day of June. Maybe it is a way of cost cutting, if the last month is paid pro rata. Maybe I am also spouting.

From my very limited knowledge of transfer windows, most English contracts are set to expire on June 30th as their transfer window opens on the 1st July. So while players can be signed for English clubs in May and June, they can't be registered until the 1st of July(the opening of a new transfer window).

Scottish contracts have a tendancy to expire on 31st May(largely I believe to help smaller teams by allowing them to not have to pay an extra months wages to players if they are not going to be playing games. The Scottish summer transfer window always opens 12 weeks before the closing date(the maximum limit allowed by FIFA). So while Erskine(to use one example) has signed as a Thistle player on 1st June(per details of his PCA announced in Jan) he can't be registered as a Jags player until Wednesday 8th June(12 weeks before window shuts). There isn't a big issue with it because there are no games being played in early June, but obviously qualifiers start in late June so window needs to be open for then.

ETA - Our pre-season friendly with Raith will be the first time we'll have faced a Raith side without Brian Graham or John Baird in it since 19th April 2010(assuming neither side for the Rovers).

Edited by South Lanarkshire Jag