The Partick Thistle thread

45 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

It’s nice being so box-office that dribblers like this Cicero geezer and Leefy actively seek out our thread to impart their witty banter.

It really is awful patter as well. Just kinda cringe and keep scrolling. 

I still find it hilarious that we manage to generate so little seethe generally, but still have a few that absolutely despise us.  #hatedbutrated

9 hours ago, milhouse said:

Back on topic re: manager. I think Archibald has voided large chunks of patience this season with a significant proportion of the Thistle support. Particularly after the disastrous recent results v Dundee and Hamilton. I think the goodwill would only be regained with some incredible run of form - e.g. winning half of the remaining games - it isn’t going to happen. It’s difficult to see how he “proves me wrong” from here on in.

The thought of 6th/7th in the Championship (and worse is possible) with Archibald still as manager next January is a pretty soul-destroying thought. If recent reports of wage bill comparisons are at all accurate, we have underperformed badly this season and that is bad management of the squad.

”Who would we get in?” is a well-worn excuse that I have heard Thistle fans using back in the days of Collins, Britton & Whyte and Campbell. As any club would do, you see who applies.

I'm not sure where you're making the jump from us being a possible relegation candidate, but still (arguably) not the worst side in the league, and ending up mid-to-lower table in the Championship next season.  We very well could get relegated, but seems incredibly pessimistic to go that far down.  I'd imagine we'd be one of the favourites to go back up, although hardly likely to smash through the league.  The Championship isn't the strong league it was when the "Premiership needs a strong..." brigade were around.

I would stick with Archie if we got relegated, with a view to revisiting that should we start badly.  But if we did go down, and they did let him go, I could absolutely see why and would hope they make the right decision with who to go with.  I'm sure there are people out there who would be better options, and plenty that wouldn't.

7 hours ago, Hammer Jag said:

Fans of diddy west coast clubs like Hamilton and Morton have always hated us. It’s wonderful.

Airdrie fans used to absolutely loathe us. Then their club died :angel

Edited by jagfox99

9 hours ago, forameus said:

I still find it hilarious that we manage to generate so little seethe generally, but still have a few that absolutely despise us.  #hatedbutrated

I'm not sure where you're making the jump from us being a possible relegation candidate, but still (arguably) not the worst side in the league, and ending up mid-to-lower table in the Championship next season.  We very well could get relegated, but seems incredibly pessimistic to go that far down.  I'd imagine we'd be one of the favourites to go back up, although hardly likely to smash through the league.  The Championship isn't the strong league it was when the "Premiership needs a strong..." brigade were around.

I would stick with Archie if we got relegated, with a view to revisiting that should we start badly.  But if we did go down, and they did let him go, I could absolutely see why and would hope they make the right decision with who to go with.  I'm sure there are people out there who would be better options, and plenty that wouldn't.

Oh dear. Still, good to be optimistic but also good to be wary given the double relegation of last decade.

16 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Aidan Fitzpatrick got a run out for Scotland u17s this afternoon, coming on as a sub in injury time and picking up a yellow card in a 1-0 win over Germany.

Quite the feat.

Jokes aside, heard he's quite promising.

With Penrice and McCarthy already about the first team, and Lamont and McLaughlin performing well in their respective loans, we've certainly a few Thistle Weir guys who are showing first team potential.