Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Transfer speculation is difficult to judge.

We never got a single offer for Darren Randolph yet coined in on Lee Erwin and Ben Hall.

I actually really like Heneghan.  I think he could develop into a very good player certainly good enough to play for the level of teams mentioned in the article.  He gives us a presence we've not really had since Shaun Hutchinson left.

Whatever happens he'd be better off staying.  He's guaranteed a game here and another 30 or 40 starts will only make him better.

Absolute #scenes btw, if we get a few hundred grand for Heneghan. Don't get me wrong, he's been a good addition but for me he's still a million miles from being the finished product.

I'd struggle to see him getting into a Championship starting XI.

Not directly MFC related but given there was a sell on fee as part of the deal it's worth mentioning that it seems Championship sides are interested in Johnson (who's been playing left back for Oxford).

Free money etc.

http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/sport/14980798.Michael_Appleton_on_alert_amid_Championship_interest_in_Oxford_United_players/

Win.

I'm assuming a sell on was part of the deal, although it says on the link that Oxford's goal is similar to ours in that they're looking to bring in talent and sell it on. Would a club in that situation really want sell on fees in their deals?

Hopefully we'll have learned from our cuddly neighbours at Hamilton though and got one in and Marv generates 7 figures in January, helping us get Pearson back. That would be a most pleasing scenario.

Win.
I'm assuming a sell on was part of the deal, although it says on the link that Oxford's goal is similar to ours in that they're looking to bring in talent and sell it on. Would a club in that situation really want sell on fees in their deals?
Hopefully we'll have learned from our cuddly neighbours at Hamilton though and got one in and Marv generates 7 figures in January, helping us get Pearson back. That would be a most pleasing scenario.

Yeah, Appleton said himself that in order to make the deal work for MFC Oxford had to go back with a "creative" package; "There's all sorts of things in the contract, like all contracts. There are certain bits that have to be met."
http://www.oxfordtimes.co.uk/SPORT/14715643.Marvin_Johnson_impressed_with_Oxford_United_s_determination_to_do_deal/?commentSort=score

Though it doesn't explicitly say a sell-on % was part of the deal it'd be surprising if we were as stubborn as we seem to have been in making sure the deal is right for the club but pass on having a sell on.

Same argument for Oxford with Marv and us with Heneghan, would you really see him moving on after only 6 months? If it helped bring money in short term though to give scope for January deals then that would help of course, but on flip side let him keep playing and he'd no doubt go for more further down the line and of course would get us more to help pay off this loan.

7 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Well. Apparently McGhee's saying at his press conference that he'd "definitely consider" bringing Pearson in during the January window. I for one am SHOCKED at this news.

I guess the only danger is that we are all assuming Pearo will be back and we get pipped by another Premiership club (or even Hibs) who want to pay more. I'd assume we budgeted for Pearson's wage and have a handshake with him given that we've been easy to deal with regarding his Indian move...

I guess the only danger is that we are all assuming Pearo will be back and we get pipped by another Premiership club (or even Hibs) who want to pay more. I'd assume we budgeted for Pearson's wage and have a handshake with him given that we've been easy to deal with regarding his Indian move...

Quite possibly reading too much into it but watching McGhee's press conference earlier his mentioning that Faddy has already been speaking to Pearo and the club plan to sit down with him next week makes you think there's an arrangement of sorts there.

McGhee's whole line re: January dealing was quite a change from the summer where he was very much labouring the point about "budget". Apparently there's flexibility there. We're in the market for a couple, possibly loans or possibly permanent. We don't need to move players out to bring others in them though if one or two who may be surplus were to move that would help but our business in the window isn't dependent on that.

Does make me wonder who in the squad is actually viewed as surplus and what interest there would be as most that you'd think would fit in that category seem to be perma-knacked; Blyth, Kennedy, Chalmers for example. Dom Thomas out on loan to someone would be to everyone's benefit, I'd be surprised if we moved Ainsworth on in this window unless it was to a side down south and it'd seem that if Brill actually wants to get some sort of game time then he'll need to move.

Alan Burrows was also on Twitter replying to a guy saying that there are a few targets we're looking at. Genuinely curious as to who/what areas.

With regards to pearo, he had put something on instagram about winning the championship in India and how he was looking forward to coming home to his family.
In the comments underneath alan burrows had said something along the lines of safe journey and report to base whenever you like

3 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Quite possibly reading too much into it but watching McGhee's press conference earlier his mentioning that Faddy has already been speaking to Pearo and the club plan to sit down with him next week makes you think there's an arrangement of sorts there.

McGhee's whole line re: January dealing was quite a change from the summer where he was very much labouring the point about "budget". Apparently there's flexibility there. We're in the market for a couple, possibly loans or possibly permanent. We don't need to move players out to bring others in them though if one or two who may be surplus were to move that would help but our business in the window isn't dependent on that.

Does make me wonder who in the squad is actually viewed as surplus and what interest there would be as most that you'd think would fit in that category seem to be perma-knacked; Blyth, Kennedy, Chalmers for example. Dom Thomas out on loan to someone would be to everyone's benefit, I'd be surprised if we moved Ainsworth on in this window unless it was to a side down south and it'd seem that if Brill actually wants to get some sort of game time then he'll need to move.

Alan Burrows was also on Twitter replying to a guy saying that there are a few targets we're looking at. Genuinely curious as to who/what areas.

I felt he was talking about Louis Laing.  His loan period is up in January.

I felt he was talking about Louis Laing.  His loan period is up in January.

Fair point. I'd kind of just assumed he'd end up staying with County til the end of the season but looking at the state they're in it's debatable whether there would be much appetite on their part.

He came off the bench on Monday in their 1-0 loss and seems to have been bumped around between centre half and right back, they're sitting 21st in the league and I don't think he's really made much of a difference to them. Certainly compared to his first stint.

45 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

He came off the bench on Monday in their 1-0 loss and seems to have been bumped around between centre half and right back, they're sitting 21st in the league and I don't think he's really made much of a difference to them. Certainly compared to his first stint.

Just had a look and they have lost 7 on the trot....

I've literally never seen him do anything of note for Motherwell, not even beat a player and put in a decent cross. I haven't seen him play many times tbf, but never got the hype. Hope he can get a regular game and become somewhat effective.